Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old November 26th, 2008, 06:58 PM

vdemman13 Woo who?
Re: Prop 8 Prevails in California -- Gay Marriage Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Quote:
This is a hot issue these days. And the simple fact is that this is a life style/behavior choice and not genetic or in the same line as other causes for freedom. If we make the genetic fallacy, we can say that murder, stealing, bestiality, pedophilia are also genetic... and this is a dangerous philosophy. Our Judea-Christian history, based on the 66 books passed to us by divine reveleation clearly speak against this lifestyle, and not gays themselves [Jude 1:7, Romans 1:26, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Leviticus 18:22-23, etc].
Murder, stealing, and pedophilia hurt people. Homosexuality doesn't, at all.

Quote:
Marriage is defined as one man and one woman. As a wise man name Confucius once said regarding the redefining of words, that it is a dangerous endeavor.
Allowing homosexuals (and bisexuals too) to marry will not affect any past, present, or future heterosexual marriage, AT ALL.
That doesn't make it right. You've got to think about this. A professor said, "Either there's a God or there isn't. Both possibilities are frightening."
If there is a God, homosexuals are going to stand before him, and in the Bible, God says that being gay is wrong. If their isn't a God, then who's boss? Us? If I'm god, I could say that murder is ok. You say it's wrong. By who's authority? If I'm boss, I can have whatever morals I want. If man's god, the world's in a lot of trouble. I know I'll most likely get neg repped for what I said, but what you said made my blood boil.
You are correct, my friend, the basic philosophical premise of whether there is a God or not will determine your words and actions for the rest of your life.

Philosophical Naturalism/ Macro Evolution is a dead theory so there is a God, this we can be sure:

1. The Law of Cause and Effect.

The Effect has to have a Cause equal to or great than itself. Nothing cannot cause the Universe. Nothingness, non-living, chance/randomness cannot cause matter, life, consciousness, and order. If nothingness is the effect of the universe, then it flies against the laws of cause effect. And if Nothingness created the universe, then it would also contradict the First Law of Theromdynamics.

2. The First Law of Thermodynamics: Energy Conservation.

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed. This claims that we cannot get something from nothing. Nothing comes from nothing.

3. The Second Law of Thermodynamics: Entropy.

Things go from order to disorder or from hot to cold [loss of energy]. The universe is slowly dying from heat loss. If, as some claim, thatthe universe is eternal, then we would have died of heat loss an infinite number of years ago. The concludes that the universe, though large beyond human comprehension, is not infinite. Philosophical naturalistic Macro-evolution claims that things go from disorder to order, which is a contradiction of the Second Law of Thermodynamics and Entropy: Order to Disorder.

... finally a thorough investigation will reveal that Christ was God, through the immutable fact of the ressurection. He claimed to be God and proved it.

Take care
Old November 26th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdemman13 View Post
All this depends on this philosophical premise: Is there a God or is there not a God? This will shape what you believe in for the rest of your life.
And if you believe in God, then it depends on whether you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, etc. If you are Christian, then it depends what branch of Christianity you believe in. If you believe in that branch, then it depends if you believe in the conservative version of that branch. And if you believe in the conservative version of that branch, then it depends on whether or not you believe the Bible is to be taken literally or not. And if you take it literally, then do you believe being gay is a choice or not--the evidence suggests that it's at least not a choice that an adult chooses to make, as it's determine by nature or nurture before they are old enough to decide. And if you believe that whether they are really gay or not does not matter, should the government restrict the rights of these people who do not share your very specific religious views.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 26th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Philosophical Naturalism/ Macro Evolution is a dead theory so there is a God, this we can be sure:
Ummm...wow. You are so deep into your religion that you are bending reality if you believe that.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

Old November 26th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Homosexuality does hurt people and families as do all self-motivated pursuits.
No, it doesn't.

Quote:
Sexual behavior has affected society in healthcare costs.
I think you seem to forget that straight people have sex too.

Quote:
People can choose to do what they want in their own home... this is the law of Free-will, but what they choose is never moral or good in itself.
Then let them get married. I think you just don't want it becuase you think it is icky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bible
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Don't quote the Bible in this. People have different beliefs than you.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Last edited by ParaGoomba Slayer; November 26th, 2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old November 26th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Tonight, on Thanksgiving Eve 2008, I wish that, just perhaps, we can all practice a little more tolerance for people, especially people that are different than yourself.
Old November 26th, 2008, 09:34 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

vdemman13...

Take your Bible quotations and your total lack of logical argument and walk away. The adults are talking. There are a number of other people who've posted on this thread with whom I disagree, but at the very least they're posting coherent responses. The next time you feel the urge to try and argue a legal point with a copy and paste from the Bible, just put your head between your knees and thank your lucky stars that you don't live in a country where the religion is the law.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old December 1st, 2008, 03:07 PM

vdemman13 Woo who?

Reporting back with epithets that question age and logic are something you should look at yourself before you post. Those are irrelavent and you should focus on the points of contention . No one wishes to live in a theocracy, that would be a return to legalism. The question here is what is the best choice in life rather than what makes one simply feel good. Faith should always serve as the conscience of a society and not a taskmaster or Dictator. If you wish to argue the points please do so with a counter, rather than using emotive words that only fuel emotions and server no coherent purpose.

regards
Old December 1st, 2008, 04:39 PM
Good is Dumb

Quote:
Reporting back with epithets that question age and logic are something you should look at yourself before you post. Those are irrelavent and you should focus on the points of contention . No one wishes to live in a theocracy, that would be a return to legalism. The question here is what is the best choice in life rather than what makes one simply feel good. Faith should always serve as the conscience of a society and not a taskmaster or Dictator. If you wish to argue the points please do so with a counter, rather than using emotive words that only fuel emotions and server no coherent purpose.

regards
While Granite-M was a bit harsh, I believe his point is that when arguing with you, vdemman, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to go. At least that's how your previous posts have sounded. You sound absolutely convinced that your narrow version of the Bible is the only interpretation that is valid. You are entitled to have that opinion. It just doesn't give us anything to work with.

We can't base our society around conservative religious views, which appears to be what you are asking. You mention that we should do what is the 'best choice in life not what makes us feel good.' I agree 100%, but I end up with a different 'best choice'.

Furthermore, your statement that macroevolution is a dead theory shows that you are very bold about your beliefs, despite there being reason to be bold. You're encouraged to join us in the evolution thread.

Old December 1st, 2008, 05:00 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Interesting on NPR today I caught part of a conversation interview with a geneticist who has authored some books on the subject. He was saying that claiming homosexuality is a genetic mutation may not be the whole truth. He said that a person could also be biologically homosexual. It doesn't make a person any less gay, but it also isn't a genetic mutation. Basically at some point in sexual development a person may just become gay spontaniously and possibly due to variables that have not yet been discovered. This is not a genetic mutation but a biological reaction to some unidentified trigger. The point was that there are more than one way to become gay but the homosexual person is not any less gay for it.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old December 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulp View Post
While Granite-M was a bit harsh, I believe his point is that when arguing with you, vdemman, there doesn't seem to be anywhere to go. At least that's how your previous posts have sounded. You sound absolutely convinced that your narrow version of the Bible is the only interpretation that is valid. You are entitled to have that opinion. It just doesn't give us anything to work with.
Hey all, I haven't posted in here for a while, and am actually somewhat surprised it's still "alive"... hence I popped in to see what's still being talked about.

What Gulp mentioned in his latest response caught my attention, in regards to "not having anything to work with" with Vdemman in terms of arguing this topic, because Vdemman sounds absolutely convinced of his view on it...

But by that same logic, those who disagree with Granite-M also have "nothing to work with" because he too sounds absolutely convinced of HIS view on this topic, right?

I don't know... I just don't view this thread as a place to try to necessarily sway other's opinions on gay marriage. It's not about having or not having "something to work with" in terms of debating or arguing. It's more of a place to share opinions and beliefs with others in, hopefully, a mature and respectful manner without name-calling, insulting, or belittling anyone.

And emotionally-charged outbursts in a forum discussion also just don't belong seeing as how you have a LOT of control as to what you CHOOSE to type or not type in your responses before hitting "submit reply". In a live discussion, this can certainly be tougher to do at times, but I simply see no excuse for this in an online forum. If someone comes across obviously sounding too harsh, then that was obviously their intention to do so when they chose to click "submit". That, in my view, is simple bullying and a lack of basic decency.

SW8K

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old December 1st, 2008, 06:03 PM

bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmaczero wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Whether you believe evolution or creation or something else, I think everyone can agree that everything that exists on this Earth has a function. If it didn't, God wouldn't have put it here, or it would have been "evolved" out a million years ago. If you have any knowledge of biology, you'll see that the reproductive system is supposed to work in a clear and specific way (being heterosexual). Being homosexual means going against God or a million years of evolutionary improvements, whichever you believe. While people certainly have a right to do what they will, it's clear to me that there is a good choice and an illogical choice here.

[/]

MSE: Easy Heroscape Card Creation
V2.5 Expanded Glyphs
Old December 1st, 2008, 06:08 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaczero View Post
Whether you believe evolution or creation or something else, I think everyone can agree that everything that exists on this Earth has a function. If it didn't, God wouldn't have put it here, or it would have been "evolved" out a million years ago. If you have any knowledge of biology, you'll see that the reproductive system is supposed to work in a clear and specific way (being heterosexual). Being homosexual means going against God or a million years of evolutionary improvements, whichever you believe. While people certainly have a right to do what they will, it's clear to me that there is a good choice and an illogical choice here.

[/]
Many activities in the realm of human sexuality do not lead to reproduction. Should all of those be dropped? My wife has had a tubal ligation (tubes tied) to prevent any further pregnancies. Should we discontinue 'marital relations'? There are many other examples, but in keeping with Family Friendly, I won't elucidate further.

I'm sorry, but your argument is not valid.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General