Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old October 23rd, 2018, 04:03 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: NHSD: SoCal Slaughter! 2018

I went through and checked them out. I dig the terrain-specific ones especially. No other comments
Old October 23rd, 2018, 04:09 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a fair number of units I can bring as well should you want to go crazy with pool armies. Speaking of pool armies... does anyone have a huge pile of Death Chasers? That new flag-bearer seems like he'd be fun with like, six chaser squads and Nerak.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 23rd, 2018, 06:26 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Sorry, I don't have Chasers. But yes, Gothlok and Nerak and a buttload of chasers is a fun army.
Old October 24th, 2018, 06:50 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivelord View Post
I'll look at those more later, but so far I noticed you used the Krav Maga in the League of Assasins who are restricted.
Ah, damn! I knew I was going to screw up one of those. Good catch, hivelord. Well, it's an easy fix, so ... fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I went through and checked them out. I dig the terrain-specific ones especially. No other comments
Cool.

Quote:
I have a fair number of units I can bring as well should you want to go crazy with pool armies. Speaking of pool armies... does anyone have a huge pile of Death Chasers? That new flag-bearer seems like he'd be fun with like, six chaser squads and Nerak.
Well, I don't know about a huge pile, but there are at least 2 or 3 lying around here. I can try to nail down a specific number over the next couple days.

Today's News: I have completed the final combo map: Hot Heights + Draugur == Hot Draugur. All the same info.

I have also added proposals for heavy snow / slippery ice. Specifically, I'm suggesting heavy snow / normal ice for the Draugur half of Hot Draugur, and the opposite (i.e. normal snow / slippery ice) for the April half of April Puddles. Feel free to tell me why I'm wrong. (But do keep in mind that the awesome snow-specific army I put together won't be much use if there's normal snow and ice everywhere. )

Now that all the maps are done, I can assign mapmakers. Please let me know soon if this is not going to work for you:
  • @hivelord – April Puddles (2 RotV, 1 tCB (Marvel), 1 RttFF, 1 TT, 1 TJ)
  • @Detrimentalman – Hot Draugur (1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 VW, 2 TT)
  • @warriorneedsfoodbadly – Stygian Dieways (1 RotV, 2 BftU, 1 VW, 2 RttFF)
  • Xotli – Dryad Sunrise (1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 VW, 1 RttFF, 1 TJ)
According to my spreadsheet data, this should be well within everyone's terrain capabilities.

I think that's enough for today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 24th, 2018, 01:12 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't actually own a marvel set. I did finally pick up a second RttFF this year though.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old October 25th, 2018, 06:59 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I don't actually own a marvel set.
Oh, damn ... I didn't have Marvel sets listed in my individual terrain count. Okay, added that, but now of course I don't know the actual figures for anyone (well, except I know hivelord has 0 ).

Quote:
I did finally pick up a second RttFF this year though.
Oh, that's handy ... you can build Stygian Dieways after all then. Excellent. So I'll just have you swap with wnfb and hope that he has a Marvel set.

New map assignments therefore would be:
  • @warriorneedsfoodbadly – April Puddles (2 RotV, 1 tCB (Marvel), 1 RttFF, 1 TT, 1 TJ)
  • @Detrimentalman – Hot Draugur (1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 VW, 2 TT)
  • @hivelord – Stygian Dieways (1 RotV, 2 BftU, 1 VW, 2 RttFF)
  • Xotli – Dryad Sunrise (1 SotM, 1 BftU, 1 VW, 1 RttFF, 1 TJ)
wnfb in particular I'd love to hear from. Not only for this but also on the table sizes thing.

Today's News: I gen'ed up a cheatsheet for us to use to make glyph play go more smoothly and hopefully head off a bunch of questions about how they work. I plan to print out a bunch and have one at each map. Please check it out and let me know what you think, especially if you see any questions that I might have missed.

Just a week and a half more, guys!

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 25th, 2018, 11:08 AM
This is merely a joke.

I like flipping power glyphs at the beginning of the game, but I won't argue for it other than noting my preference here.
Old October 27th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I like flipping power glyphs at the beginning of the game, but I won't argue for it other than noting my preference here.
You know, I never really thought about it, but, now that I have, I don't think I care at all. Other than potentially making people scramble for a glyph that they might end up not really wanting that badly (although it seems like all 4 of the ones we picked are going to be pretty useful), I can't really see that it makes much difference. So I'll leave it up to others to comment.

Any other comments (from superfrog or anyone) on the glyph sheet?

Today's News: We got a second opinion on the Smaller Animal's foot today, and the concensus is: it's a piece of graphite. It's no big deal. He will probably still need to have that minor surgery at some point, but I'm finally convinced that we don't need to rush it. So most likely he'll still have it in the foot when you see him gimping around on tourney day. So he's back to being a definite, and his friend is, at least AFAIK, also still a definite (dunno about the friend's brother). No more news on attendees at this time.

I have also, finally, finished the update to the partial scoring sheet. Updating that thing is always a beast, so I finally broke down and rearranged how it works to make there be far fewer manual tweaks. Please review it and tell me where I screwed up, because I always screw something up. Most importantly, please double check the points values for all the new guys: monks, Locksley, Gothlok, and SoV units from Cormin through Maltis Tez. I think I've eliminated most of the other sources of bugs, but, you know ... don't trust me.

I think tomorrow I'll try to work on actually building some of those pool armies to make sure I really have (and can find!) all those units. I also need to look at what I need to rebase, what I need to print cards for, etc. And work on terrain rules reminders. And ... well, lots more work to do.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 27th, 2018, 07:34 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

I have Marvel and my map assignment should work out fine.
The rec room lost the corner room with the small tables to another apartment office space.
5 by 4 tables will be a problem.
Maybe squishing the 3 big tables together will allow for 2 maps?
Maybe we could use the pool tables upstairs?
Maybe @RenMan could lend us a large board he used to have?
Other suggestions?
Someone have access to a bunch of large sturdy boxes or crates?
@Detrimentalman retrieved the Heroscape bins from Alhambra?
Old October 27th, 2018, 08:29 PM

warriorneedsfoodbadly is surprisingly tart

Small tables are still there but large folding tables have disappeared.
I’ll have to ask about them.
The three large tables are 32” by 48.5”.
There are 2 square tables about 33”.
The 2 pool tables are 101” by 56.5”.
I have 2 folding tables 71” by 29”.
Old October 27th, 2018, 09:38 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart

I have the heroscape bins.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old October 28th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorneedsfoodbadly View Post
I have Marvel and my map assignment should work out fine.
Excellent!

Quote:
The rec room lost the corner room with the small tables to another apartment office space.
5 by 4 tables will be a problem.
:
:
Yeah, I was afraid of that.

Okay, so we need some flat surfaces to spread across ... something. And a way to get said flat surfaces to you. Let me ponder it a bit.

Quote:
The three large tables are 32” by 48.5”.
Very close to being enough for a single combo map, but no extra room for cards and dice and whatnot. Two together should be plenty tho.

Quote:
There are 2 square tables about 33”.
Put together they'd have plenty of room in one direction, but the other would be a few inches shy.

Quote:
The 2 pool tables are 101” by 56.5”.
Sure, that's a good size ... is that inside the bumpers? And of course those are upstairs, which is slightly less convenient in that we have to split the party.

Quote:
I have 2 folding tables 71” by 29”.
Again, plenty of room in one dimension, not quite enough in the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman View Post
I have the heroscape bins.
I think I wish I knew what that meant.

Today's News: One of our "no"s turned into a "maybe"! Surely that's got to be worth something. And we had a few practice rounds of playtime. And I had some more thoughts on format, which hopefully I can write up tomorrow. But I think that's about it.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day