Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old July 10th, 2007, 06:02 PM

Darhelm has disabled reputation
Wow, 5000 points!!!!!!!!!! How many warcasters did they use? 8!?!? I thought i saw Haley somewhere but i'm not sure. Love the Menoth sign in the middle of the chapel . Well, i'm still working on getting the P3 . My gamestore has nearly all but Menoth's and i can only find one or so on ebay every once in a while. I'll post pics as soon as i get my stuff and paint it.

Darhelm is paralyzed Saylind in the
Albescent Cave
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darhelm
Wow, 5000 points!!!!!!!!!! How many warcasters did they use? 8!?!? I thought i saw Haley somewhere but i'm not sure. Love the Menoth sign in the middle of the chapel . Well, i'm still working on getting the P3 . My gamestore has nearly all but Menoth's and i can only find one or so on ebay every once in a while. I'll post pics as soon as i get my stuff and paint it.
They had 8 warcasters per side, iirc. They needed at least two days to complete a game like that. People were playing (from start to finish) 500 to 750 point games before they even got through turn 1. Still a very cool sight to behold.

Newb.
Old July 10th, 2007, 08:24 PM

Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker
WOW

That looks amazing!! I think I might have to start this too haha.

For gameplay, do you need books/codex's like they use in WH40K, or do you just use cards like the ones that are slightly pictured? Is play similiar to WH40K? (I only say that cause that's the only war game w/o a definate board that I'm familiar with)

Ahh man, I've got so many questions

Well, times runnning short, so I've got to head out, but you've definately got me interested

EDIT -- Forgot to mention your awesome paint jobs
Old July 10th, 2007, 08:37 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Crazy pics Newb. I can't imagine how long it would have taken to paint all that.
Old July 10th, 2007, 10:28 PM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Uprising-Both players have been playing for several years now and they each do a good job so many, many hours would be my guess. The Cygnar army (the blue models) have their bases made up to look like snow terrain and that theme runs throughout that army.

Jack o' Blades-Each unit comes with the card necessary to play it on the battlefield. Warmachine currently has 4 books out but you really only need the first book Warmachine Prime:Remix which incorporates a lot of changes made to the game over the last couple of years. Hordes currently has one book out Hordes:Primal which includes all the rules needed to play Hordes. A new book is coming out for Hordes at Gencon (Mid-August). Most gamestores that sell WM/Hordes also have a free how-to-play poster that has the basics of each game printed on them (enough to see if you like how it plays). I recommend taking a look at the website (www.privateerpress.com) and look at each army to see which one you like then find a store that supports the game and ask for a demo or at least an explanation of the core concepts.

Newb.
Old July 11th, 2007, 08:06 PM

Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker Jack o' Blades knows what's in an order marker
So, do the Hordes figures come with cards? Or do you have to get the (Insert Race Here) Deck?

I noticed for Warmachine you have to get the deck..
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack o' Blades
So, do the Hordes figures come with cards? Or do you have to get the (Insert Race Here) Deck?

I noticed for Warmachine you have to get the deck..
The decks for Warmachine are just updated cards that incorporate any changes/errata made to the unit(s) and color artwork (the original cards were in black and white). Each unit from both games comes with a card that has stats and abilities for use in the game.

Newb.
Old July 12th, 2007, 03:37 PM

Ohh, alright. I thought there was something wierd about that, but it turned out just to be me, misinformed.

I went to my local gaming store the other day to check and see if they have any Privateer Press items..but they didn't

I was sorta shocked by that because out of all places in my area, I would think that they would carry it.

On a happier note, I plan on ordering some Legion of Everblight, Circle Orboros, and Cryx (from Warmachine) figures this weekend

I was able to get a few people in my area interested, so we made a plan to overthrow Warhammer 40K, the dominant miniature game in my area, with Hordes/Warmachine. But really now, by the looks of it, and by the looks of gameplay, H/WM would beat WH40K anyday. So while we play, we're hoping that people will see it and go 'Man, that looks awesome!' and the store will pick up on this and start carrying it.
Old July 29th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Needs Reassurance

braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby! braveheart101 rolls all skulls baby!
Hmm, this looks like a cool game. How much is the skorne starter pack?
Also please poste pics of those other guys!

Need miniatures painted?

People to trade with: sixthflagbearer

Callipygian girls make the world go 'round.
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:11 PM

lord kaige has disabled reputation
That game looks nice I would play it but I'm gonna stick to HS.

Please, correct me on any spelling or grammar errors because I always need help with them.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:11 AM

Had a great time playing and winning the championship award (woot!!) in the Hordes Stampede event this weekend. The event uses a great scenario idea where the players randomly determine defender and attacker for the first game. If the defender wins, he stays at his table while another person takes over as the attacker. The defender's forces may become depleted by attrition (depending on casualties during the previous game). The defender remains at his table until he loses and then moves to a different table to become an attacker (starting with his full force again). If an attacker wins, they now become the defender and stay at that table until the lose. I hope they run this event again since it was a very different and enjoyable tournament format.

Newb.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 12:05 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Had a great time playing and winning the championship award (woot!!) in the Hordes Stampede event this weekend. The event uses a great scenario idea where the players randomly determine defender and attacker for the first game. If the defender wins, he stays at his table while another person takes over as the attacker. The defender's forces may become depleted by attrition (depending on casualties during the previous game). The defender remains at his table until he loses and then moves to a different table to become an attacker (starting with his full force again). If an attacker wins, they now become the defender and stay at that table until the lose. I hope they run this event again since it was a very different and enjoyable tournament format.

Newb.
That sounds like an interesting sceniro. Do you have a copy of the full rules they used?

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures