Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 17th, 2010, 01:16 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Wave 11 Boosters

As I was looking at the cards I was thinking: "Yeah they look awesome and are kinda fun, but they aren't that good". In terms of filler units I would choose already existing ones surely. But then I looked further down and saw the preview of wave 2. Wow, looks awesome. He'll be like 200 pts but who cares. I have always wanted an elemental army controlled by a master that summons them, and now I will have them. That is very cool. I am really excited about the possible armies. I can't wait to field them. They may not do very well but fluff wise and visually they will be awesome. I am so excited now. Thank you so much for making the preview so much better. Things are really looking up for Heroscape.

Now all we need are Vydar Kyrie, Skeletons, Aquilla flagbearer, and Pirates and my life will be complete.
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Is it accepted that flying figures are not affected by Swirling Vortex?
Yes. TheGuru wrote the preview.

My bad, I do recall reading that line between the pics now, but it had been forgotten in all the excitement. Thanks.

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Yes a power where you can carry a friendly figure without a d20 would be broken, especailly with flying.
like theracus?
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:17 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Man, if I'm understanding the air elemental's powers. It's really going to cramp my melee style. Get a few of these guys set up in front of your ranged pod and my knights will just fall by the bucketloads as they try to swarm the ranged pod. The air elemental(s) will slow them down majorly!

Edit -

For all you Marvel lovers - you can use the Earth Elemental as the Thing!
Theoretically, if someone were to field an entire army of Air Elementals, a melee army could do nothing about that. (Also theoretically, if they played an army of 6 or so Air Elementals, they could set up the wall to protect a ranged pod, like you said).

It'll definitely hurt melee.
Reading from the air elemental's card, "When an opponent's small or medium figure moves onto a space within 2 clear sight spaces of an Air Elemental you control, that figure must end its move there." With KOW/Gilbert, you should be able to use Jandar's Dispatch and the normal move to get around this.

ninja'd
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
like theracus?
Theracus has limitations that the Wyvern doesn't have (i.e. can only move an unengaged friendly figure).

Newb.
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thumbs up Re: Wave 11 Boosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
As I was looking at the cards I was thinking: "Yeah they look awesome and are kinda fun, but they aren't that good". In terms of filler units I would choose already existing ones surely. But then I looked further down and saw the preview of wave 2. Wow, looks awesome. He'll be like 200 pts but who cares. I have always wanted an elemental army controlled by a master that summons them, and now I will have them. That is very cool. I am really excited about the possible armies. I can't wait to field them. They may not do very well but fluff wise and visually they will be awesome. I am so excited now. Thank you so much for making the preview so much better. Things are really looking up for Heroscape.

Now all we need are Vydar Kyrie, Skeletons, Aquilla flagbearer, and Pirates and my life will be complete.
I hope he is 200 points, it would round out the Elementalist and 10 Fire Elementals at 550 points.
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not only are these cool common heroes, but the idea of the elementalist hero is awesome, since he isn't tied to using 3 of just one element but can mix and match. When's Wave 12 again?

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classicsmiley View Post
Great work, guys! These all look really good!

I'm a little curious why the Wyvern's Talon Grab and the Drow Chainfighter's Chain Grab both specify that the unit to be moved must be an opponent's unit. Neither of the abilities inflict damage, and it seems like they could be useful in getting your own units out of (or into, if you want) trouble. Was it a cost issue, or an issue with the powers becoming to wordy and/or complex?
My guess is game balance more than anything since I can see a whole bunch of abusive game issues if they could move friendlies with these powers especially since there is no roll to activate those powers (at least for the Wyvern).

Newb.
Yes a power where you can carry a friendly or opponent figure without a d20 would be broken, especailly with flying.
Fixed. Theracus can move a friendly without a d20 and fly. If you have the Venoc Warlord on the same team he can move 9. Great for taking a castle or moving a sniper.

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:19 PM

Dragoloth is surprisingly tart

Looks like I'll be getting 4 or 5 packs of the primordials. Kurrok (I can't wait for D2) and 6-8 elementals should be a blast to play. I've got a set of scenarios involving Kurrok brewing.
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Alright, now my overall thoughts:

Wyvern: Pretty well done. Would of liked Stealth Flying to simulate their constant airborne nature, but the overall stats and everything are solid. That the carry doesn't require a D20 is surprising, and makes for some pretty good battlefield control, especially with Spider bonding. One thing's for sure, you don't want to put any molten lava tiles on the same level as other terrain when building your map, because then the Wyvern has the broken ability to just pick someone up and drop them in it!

A little dissapointed in Venomous Sting. Its essentially Maul, but 4 attack, making it less likely. Most of the time 4 or 5 attack gets the job done anyway.

Fire Elemental:

Love the flavor of the unit. The intensity power is nice--probably nicer with the elementalist. I was kinda hoping for a counterstrike type power but its good overall.

Water Elemental

I like that its ranged. Abilities seem pretty straight forward. Has good stats when on water, is cheap, and tunnels sort of like Drudge but on normal water.

Air Elemental:

Great for battlefield control. A number of these with the elementalist can put a damper on melee armies, but at the same time will increase the value of Large Melee figures who can rush right up to them and cut them down.

Earth Elemental:

Too bad burrowing takes leaving engagement, but its special attack is nice
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:24 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker

Let the Kurrok speculation begin...

Personally I'd like him to be an Elf Wizard...it would give the 700+ point Elf army some more options. But his class is probably elementalist.

=====================

KURROK THE ELEMENTALIST
Ullar

Cost 200

Life 5
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 5
Defense 3

(species = ?)
Unique Hero
Elementalist
(personality = ?)
Medium 5

SUMMON ELEMENTAL
After moving and before attacking with Kurrok the Elementalist, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may, if possible, place one of your previously destroyed small or medium Elementals on an empty space within 3 clear sight spaces of Kurrok the Elementalist.

MASTER OF THE ELEMENTS
After revealing an order marker on Kurrok the Elementalist, instead of taking that turn with Kurrok, you may take a turn with up to three small or medium Elementals you control that are within 8 clear sight spaces of Kurrok the Elementalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru
Kurrok the Elementalist-Wave 2 Preview:

Oh, caught your attention did we? Yes, we received the A-OK to do what we normally don’t do in Heroscape. We’re giving you an advanced preview of one of the Unique Heroes in Wave D2, due out later this year. Why now, you ask? Well look at his name. Kurrok commands the Elementals, much like Kato commanded the Ashigaru. Plus, it’s fun to be a wave ahead of things and be able to give some far off teases!

Sadly, you can’t proxy him yet because we can’t reveal the whole card. However, we can reveal his 2 special powers:

...(snip)...

When you draft Kurrok, you turn the Elementals into an ever-changing 3 unit squad. An entire front of Air Elementals, and assault by a squad of Water Elementals, a rumbling onslaught by the Earth Elementals, or a whole lot of Searing Intensity from the Fire Elementals, as well as any mix of the 4 of them!
Old February 17th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Battle Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
A little dissapointed in Venomous Sting. Its essentially Maul, but 4 attack, making it less likely. Most of the time 4 or 5 attack gets the job done anyway.
Not against Q9. But this will one hit kill him. I admit it is a less frequent roll, but it will come up. (Probably mostly against Venoc Vipers though, )

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News