Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 1st, 2006, 01:57 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Okie dokie, I also didn't know that it had been resolved and may be a little dense because it still isn't clear to me. I won't try it in anyone else's domain but in my house I am going to rule that you may walk and fly in the same turn. I also declare that you can walk and slither in the same turn as it only seems fair.

Old June 1st, 2006, 01:57 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago
I think it is pretty much understood... I am pretty sure that Hasbro cleared that issue up for us.
Being understood is not the same as being specifically stated.

And as for them clearing it up; Not that I am aware of...

I am not trying to argue about it, I am just saying that I have not seen anything that says you can not fly and walk in the same turn.
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:09 PM

Sorry, Mr. Underhill. I in no means meant to open up a can of bees and thusly jacking your thread. It was my intention to give you other possible strategies that use multiple figures and glyphs. Now if we can get back to subject.

When considering the placement of figures on glyphs you have to consider future moves with the same squad or hero. Because of this I like to charge the glyphs with multiples of the same common squad. This way if some die in the process there are others to fill the ranks and once you have all the glyphs covered you can still use their army card.

Another option that I have seen popular with others with the "Nyah, nyah" effect is to either set Finn on the Glyph that gives a bonus to attacks or Thorgrimm on the glyph that gives bonuses to defense. This way if they die you still get a partial bonus.

Old June 1st, 2006, 02:10 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
After sifting through what is left on the HQ it looks like it was a .NET days Rob and Craig ruling. I cannot find any "official" post declaring it an Hasbro sanctioned decision, it is simply covered as "a ruling was made back on .NET".

If you feel it necessary for Hasbro to weigh in officially, it would at least strengthen the FAQ.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old June 1st, 2006, 03:50 PM

Odysseus has disabled reputation
Until it's specifically said that flying and walking cannot be split, we have to assume they can. There are no rules for taking off or landing.

The rules we play by state that you have to annouce when you are flying, to determine whether you get hacked at when passing by another unit by being engaged. You have to be on the ground to be engaged, so a person would have to announce the landing as well.

This brings up an interesting question: If you are engaged and begin flying, you would of course get whacked at. But you aren't moving, you are simply breaking the engagement by flying. Once the engagement is broken can you move? Even if caught in an ability like the claw? Keep in mind you aren't moving to get out of it.

I need some cards around me to check the wording...

--= Signature Beta v0.1 =--
Old June 1st, 2006, 04:06 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
From the text on Major's card, I would say it doesn't matter:
Improved Cyberclaw
All small, medium or large opponent's figures that enter or occupy a space adjacent to Major X17 may not move. Figures affected by the Cyberclaw cannot be moved by any special power on an Army Card or glyph.

As to the flying and walking same turn, we've always interpreted the flying as an either/or proposition, no combining the two, and I think that any doubt was erased by the Rob&Craig ruling on .net

I'll send an inquiry in to Chris at Hasbro, though, and see what happens.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old June 1st, 2006, 04:18 PM

Odysseus has disabled reputation
Quote:
that enter or occupy a space adjacent to Major X17 may not move.
There we go, either way it doesn't matter Good wording.

--= Signature Beta v0.1 =--
Old June 1st, 2006, 04:43 PM

bobofett has disabled reputation
I love how we go way off topic on some of these forums. it gives them some originality.

Visit the worlds greatest website.
www.heroscapers.com/community
Old June 1st, 2006, 05:09 PM

uhm guys...we're talking about glyphs in this thread. Take all that non-glyph stuff to another thread

Old June 1st, 2006, 05:11 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealQ
uhm guys...we're talking about glyphs in this thread. Take all that non-glyph stuff to another thread
The flying/walking trauma really only applies to coming off of a particular glyph at the moment. So there's your on-topicity

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old June 1st, 2006, 07:59 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago
Unfortunately, I think your only choices for movement in this case are walking and flying. The act of moving off the glyph would require a non-flying movement because of the power of the glyph. You cannot "share" types of movement, it must by one or the other.
We were talking about this in another thread. Where does it say its one or the other? Why couldn't you do both, fly and walk in the same turn?
yoyo!!

Nether, I believe this was specifally ruled on HQ by Hasbro due to the road rules vs flying units. The ruling was that you had to either fly or walk, but not both. This was because you can't use the road bonus while flying, so you have to define at the start of your turn whether you are walking or flying.

-Ski
Old June 1st, 2006, 08:04 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I don't recall ever reading that post and ruling. Not saying it wasn't there but I am a rules hound and I am sure I would have seen it I know about the road ruling, but don't recall them saying it was a one or the other type thing.

And, Did you just kiss me? Ewwww.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's