Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 1st, 2020, 01:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Crime-Master (Design)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Okay, so it seems like the general vibe in the room is favoring the Investment Marker idea by a hair, but there's some sentiment that we don't really need a huge change and just bumping the points would do it.

So let's try to do the Investment Marker thing, but with a scalpel rather than a grenade. First pass at it:

Quote:
SAVAGE SIX
Start the game with six Investment Markers on this card. At the start of each round, before placing Order Markers, you may remove any number of Investment Markers from this card. For each Investment Marker removed, you may choose a Unique Savage Hero you control or, once per game, you may choose a Unique Hero you control that is a Symbiote with a secret identity. Once per turn, when attacking normally with a chosen Hero, you may roll 1 additional attack die.

SAVAGE CONTINGENCY PLAN
When a Savage Unique Hero you control is destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from its Army Card to any other card in your army.
This feels a little closer to your original idea while still limiting the attack boost problem people had.

SAVAGE SIX
Start the game with six Investment Markers on this card. At the start of each round, before placing Order Markers, you may remove any number of Investment Markers from this card. For each Investment Marker removed, you may choose a Unique Savage Hero you control. Once per turn, when attacking normally with a chosen Hero, you may roll 1 additional attack die.

SAVAGE PLANS
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Hero you control that is a Symbiote with a secret identity. The chosen Hero is considered to have the Savage personality in addition to what is listed on its card. When a Savage Unique Hero you control is destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from its Army Card to any other card in your army.

I think the recruitment thing sells the Blackmail as well as the forcible recruitment angles.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 1st, 2020, 01:56 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Crime-Master (Pondering Tweaks)

I like both of those, but I'd switch the order up personally. Except it seems a tad complicated, like just place the marker on the chosen Savage hero and then remove it to use the boost.
Old March 1st, 2020, 02:37 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Hmm. Starting to lean back towards just bumping the points as this goes on. Seems like it's hard to preserve what people liked in an elegant way, going this direction.
Old March 1st, 2020, 02:43 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’d honestly lean towards just copying what Sebastian Shaw does. Start the game with 6 markers, burn them to add skulls/dice onto attacks by Savage characters. TBH, I don’t love the once-per-turn restriction, it just clearly feels like a mechanical limiter with zero theme relevance. I know it would push him to being more like Oracle in some ways, I just think burning Investment Markers to get boosts to single attacks seems way simpler than any of the proposed alternatives.
Old March 1st, 2020, 02:44 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I’d honestly lean towards just copying what Sebastian Shaw does. Start the game with 6 markers, burn them to add skulls/dice onto attacks by Savage characters. TBH, I don’t love the once-per-turn restriction, it just clearly feels like a mechanical limiter with zero theme relevance. I know it would push him to being more like Oracle in some ways, I just think burning Investment Markers to get boosts to single attacks seems way simpler than any of the proposed alternatives.
Old March 1st, 2020, 03:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

SYMBIOTE ASSET
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Symbiote Hero you control. While there is an Order Marker on this card, the chosen Hero is considered to have the Savage personality in addition to what is listed on its card.

SAVAGE SIX
Once per turn, when attacking normally with a Savage Unique Hero you control, you may roll 1 additional attack die if there is an Order Marker on this card. When a Savage Unique Hero you control is destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from its Army Card to any other card in your army.

SECRET WEAPON SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 3.
Figures roll 3 fewer defense dice against this special attack. This special attack may only be used once per game.
@MrNobody , something along this line?

SYMBIOTE ASSET
At the start of the game, choose a Unique Symbiote Hero you control. While there is an Order Marker on this card, the chosen Hero is considered to have the Savage personality in addition to what is listed on its card.

SAVAGE SIX
Start the game with 6 black Investment Markers on this card. Before a Savage figure you control attacks with a normal attack, you may remove an Investment Markers from this card and add 1 additional attack die to that attack.

SAVAGE CONTINGENCY PLAN
When a Savage Unique Hero you control is destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from its Army Card to any other card in your army

Range 3. Attack 3.
Figures roll 3 fewer defense dice against this special attack. This special attack may only be used once per game.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 1st, 2020, 03:05 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’d remove the X Marker restriction and allow him to do it multiple times per round. I see no reason not to, and it makes him less like Oracle.
Old March 1st, 2020, 03:06 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I’d remove the X Marker restriction and allow him to do it multiple times per round. I see no reason not to, and it makes him less like Oracle.
Edited above. That does look nice. All powers are short and easy to decipher.

Old March 1st, 2020, 03:11 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

How about this?

SYMBIOTE ASSET

SAVAGE SIX
Start the game with 6 black Investment Markers on this card. After a Savage figure you control attacks with a normal attack, you may remove an Investment Marker from this card to attack one additional time. When a Savage Unique Hero you control is destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from its Army Card to this card, or any other Savage Unique Hero card in your army.

Range 3. Attack 3.
Old March 1st, 2020, 03:14 PM
A Man of Taste

I could go for that as well.

Old March 1st, 2020, 03:20 PM
Just A Head

Attacking one additional time just raises a whole lot of question with multi-attackers, if I recall.
Old March 1st, 2020, 04:22 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Adding multi-attacks is a pretty substantial buff from previous versions. That actually makes him pretty nasty with Cap and similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
SYMBIOTE ASSET

SAVAGE SIX
Start the game with 6 black Investment Markers on this card. Before a Savage figure you control attacks with a normal attack, you may remove an Investment Markers from this card and add 1 additional attack die to that attack.

SAVAGE CONTINGENCY PLAN
When a Savage Unique Hero you control is destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from its Army Card to any other card in your army

Range 3. Attack 3.
I don't really love going four powers here, with two of them being start of the game powers. I can live with that direction, but I'd want to drop Symbiote Asset at that point. I only suggested it in the first place because the card was so clean, and it's not that clean anymore.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library