Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old February 11th, 2018, 10:30 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Diplomacy

Turkey bacon

*chuckle*
Old February 12th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Turkey bacon

*chuckle*
French Bacon + English Bacon = Canadian Bacon!

But in all seriousness, just to confirm, Thursday 15 February 2018 00:00 GMT is Wednesday 16th 19:00 EST?

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Last edited by wriggz; February 12th, 2018 at 09:57 AM. Reason: would French Bacon actually be Chicken Bacon?
Old February 12th, 2018, 11:15 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes, the judge basically takes the day I tell it and winds it back a day, because it's on GMT. Our previous games on the other judge were the same. I had tried to adjust for that by telling it "Friday," but I did that on last Thursday, which meant that the judge put the deadline on the next day. As you will recall.

I'm content to leave it as is. As I said, after the moves I intend to set a delay of about a week and a half with press off, in order to accommodate vacation schedules. Then I will turn it back on and we will be on the 3 day major phase schedule with no weekends that I've described above.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 12th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Yes, the judge basically takes the day I tell it and winds it back a day, because it's on GMT. Our previous games on the other judge were the same. I had tried to adjust for that by telling it "Friday," but I did that on last Thursday, which meant that the judge put the deadline on the next day. As you will recall.

I'm content to leave it as is. As I said, after the moves I intend to set a delay of about a week and a half with press off, in order to accommodate vacation schedules. Then I will turn it back on and we will be on the 3 day major phase schedule with no weekends that I've described above.
Just asking cause time zones are hard. I should know, I work for a National Canadian Company with family in Newfoundland (they are half an hour off).

I approve of the PRESS OFF, since the back and forth can really stir up a game. I believe the prisoners dilemma gets harder when you CAN communicate rather than when you can't.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old February 12th, 2018, 12:01 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Heh.

I won't normally turn off press during delays, but I am doing so in this case because of Reasons.

= =
Old February 14th, 2018, 11:58 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Just as a reminder for veterans of this system and announcement for new ones. IF you are content with your orders and discussion for the phase you can uncheck the 'wait for deadline before processing' button. I know in the past people have forgotten about this. Just bringing it up as the site is saying all powers have submitted orders.

A bit moot anyway, as it sounds like we will be in stasis for a while after this season processes.
Old February 19th, 2018, 01:43 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Heh.

I won't normally turn off press during delays, but I am doing so in this case because of Reasons.
What day will press be turned back on?
Old February 19th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Excellent question. February 26. I set a reminder on my phone.

= =
Old February 27th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 5th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

And I'll probably never play Diplomacy again.
I've read that the cardinal rule of playing Diplomacy online is 'don't take anything personally', but I can't not take it personally.
First, this game appears to have the rule 'Power Choice' which means that each of you who registered before me presumably knew that France was the final remaining power for me to take.
Despite attempting to negotiate something with my neighbors, nothing worked.
Somehow England, Germany, Italy, and Austria (by not assaulting Italy) decided to go after me immediately.
Even if I had played Fall 1901 correctly (and have 5 units right now), I couldn't stand against such an alliance.
Furthermore, I didn't realize that the game site announces to the group if the full party has issued orders but not unchecked the box at the bottom. I thought that by remaining entirely silent in the first Fall that I would imply that I already rage-quit and would just leave my units standing. But no, apparently you all knew that I had submitted some orders, and in every turn so far, it appears that you all knew exactly how to counter them.

This game is causing me severe anxiety. I'm out, and will probably never play this god-awful game again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 5th, 2018, 08:34 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Everyone entered the game as choice, which means it randomly assigns countries. No one picked a country and no one knows who you were.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 5th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

http://uk.diplom.org/?page=Rules
The rule POWER_CHOICE was in effect. See the bacon main screen. Furthermore, in the first day, I received a message from someone who pointed out that they were a veteran Diplomacy player, something that you wouldn't send to a group of people you had previously played with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games