Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 29th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Cosmo (Public Playtesting)

If I manage to run a test next week, that'll be one of the game types I'd run, yes (I'd probably try to come up with something else, too, on account of the number of things you can do with this guy - he looks like a ludicrously fun and useful support figure). As I said before, though, I'm unable to test until next week, and priority goes to Ant-Man when I do.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I might be able to throw something together next week. I can't guarantee it, though - priority is going to Ant-Man for me, and I think I'll try to get a couple of sheets down for him.
I'll gladly test Ant-Man if you can make time. I need to test 2 units before my next anyways.
Hmm... sounds like a fair trade. I think you may have a deal, sir!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 29th, 2017, 03:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

A couple of Green Lanterns and Alfred does sound like a pretty good idea for one test. One Green Lantern out fighting while the other one heals up. If someone tries to come after Cosmo, you not only have the X mechanic but also the green shield batteries you can burn. Maybe even basket carry out a few other human figures that could be recalled and healed as needed.
Old March 29th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
A couple of Green Lanterns and Alfred does sound like a pretty good idea for one test. One Green Lantern out fighting while the other one heals up. If someone tries to come after Cosmo, you not only have the X mechanic but also the green shield batteries you can burn. Maybe even basket carry out a few other human figures that could be recalled and healed as needed.
Not actually what I was planning - Green Lantern/Alfred is actually far from a new strategy, particularly if you check out CiC's strategy threads (John Stewart carrying Alfred is one I've found fun before ) - I was actually planning to work with Black Adam, using a teleported Chameleon and Blob to harass and tie down the opponent trying to assault your 'hospital', which is guarded by a squad of Beat Cops.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 29th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That sounds effective L_O.

Black Adam always brings the pain.
Old March 29th, 2017, 03:39 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Sounds good to me. Exactly why I like seeing others run tests of their own design. I've never even played a game with Black Adam, I don't have his card or figure. I have the Beat Cops but don't often use them either.
Old March 29th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Check him out sometime YK. BA is B-- A--.
Old March 29th, 2017, 03:41 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Not actually what I was planning - Green Lantern/Alfred is actually far from a new strategy, particularly if you check out CiC's strategy threads (John Stewart carrying Alfred is one I've found fun before ) - I was actually planning to work with Black Adam, using a teleported Chameleon and Blob to harass and tie down the opponent trying to assault your 'hospital', which is guarded by a squad of Beat Cops.
Sounds good.

Just don't forget that Cosmo's teleport can't place figures adjacent to opponent's figures. Blob would be crazier if you could.
Old March 29th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Sounds good.

Just don't forget that Cosmo's teleport can't place figures adjacent to opponent's figures. Blob would be crazier if you could.
Ah - I forgot that. May end up re-thinking Blob! Perhaps not, though.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 29th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Hard as ice

Okay, here's what I was thinking for Test One:

Captain America
Bucky
Thor
War Machine
1,000 Points

vs.

Cosmo
Black Adam
Alfred Pennyworth
Chameleon
Blob
Jubilee
1x 5th Precinct Beat Cops
2x Fire Ant Swarms

Black Adam leads the charge, only to be teleported back when badly wounded - probably attempts to focus his attacks on Captain America, to start off. To try to keep the enemy from taking advantage of the situation and pressing the attack, Chameleon is there to sow discontent, hopefully Framing someone for the murder of Bucky (normally he's the guy forced into murdering or getting framed for it, but nevermind. ), and Blob and Jubilee as a reserve force to try to hold the enemy back while Black Adam heals if all else fails, while the 5th Precinct Beat Cops attempt to protect the hospital with their lives. The Ants make up the 20 points left, but also aid in the effort to hold the Avengers back from raiding your start-zone, if they can manage to tunnel forwards. No idea if this will work, but it sounds like fun.

Not sure what to do for Test 2 yet, though that Beta Ray Bill/Asgardian team-up idea is tempting.... never been sure how to make the most out of Beta Ray Bill. May need to post a question about him in the strategy thread at some point.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 29th, 2017, 04:44 PM
C3G Landlord

I've never been a big fan of tossing in ants, I'd rather take a second squad of 5th beat cops and just add 40 points to the first army. Maybe save Thor for the second test with Beta Ray Bill and spend the 470 points on two figures for CA to boost since he has the markers to pass out. Or just use the first CA and drop the ants as he is 20 points cheaper.
Old March 29th, 2017, 04:51 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

If you raise it by 40 dropping the ants in favor of the cops, I'd suggest dropping War Machine for Gamora or She-Hulk instead. They are far more reliable than War Machine has ever been for me, personally. Maybe I've just had a bad run with him.
Old March 29th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
I've never been a big fan of tossing in ants, I'd rather take a second squad of 5th beat cops and just add 40 points to the first army. Maybe save Thor for the second test with Beta Ray Bill and spend the 470 points on two figures for CA to boost since he has the markers to pass out. Or just use the first CA and drop the ants as he is 20 points cheaper.
Ummm.... Not sure what you mean. Thor is in the Avengers build in this game, not Cosmo's, and I'm not sure why I'd save him for the second test rather than use the first when he's just running in the Avengers build. Also, this CA is much more useful than the Hasbro one, IMO, unless I'm running a more squad based build or one where I don't want OMs on him. This Avengers build is one I've used in a couple of tests before, and it's done fairly well for me - it may not be absolute top tier, but it's a good, decently strong, thematic, fun build in my experience. Thor is there to provide a flying heavy hitter to go head-to-head with someone else's, throwing around 9 dice for attack and defence when paired with Cap. And, honestly, I like throwing in ants if I have 10/20 points left - if they tie down someone's movement or force them to shoot someone harmless insects for a turn, then, for that price, they've done their job, and they don't require OMs. Often, Skrull Infiltrators are arguably better for that role, but also easier to forget on account of not being on the board, and, in this build, where so much is put into making sure Black Adam doesn't die, probably couldn't be deployed effectively. For 10 points, forcing Thor to either kill some ants or risk a leaving engagement attack if he wants to attack my hospital seems worthwhile to me. Also, more Cops would be surplus to requirements here, and not really be much help - they don't even have to move, just surround Alfred and die for him.

Quote:
If you raise it by 40 dropping the ants in favor of the cops, I'd suggest dropping War Machine for Gamora or She-Hulk instead. They are far more reliable than War Machine has ever been for me, personally. Maybe I've just had a bad run with him.
I like War Machine, though I grant that if you're unlucky or protect him badly and allow him to get a few wounds prior to activation, it can be a bit crippling, he still has a strong short ranged attack, is potentially scary to go near, and has a pretty strong long ranged multi-attacking special, and a fast flying speed. I suppose I could swap him out for Cable, attempting to maintain the ranged backup he's meant to provide, but I'm testing on Fulcrum, and Cable's going to struggle for mobility. I suppose I could swap Thor out for Stark's Hulkbuster suit and swap out Rhodey for someone at 340 (perhaps a Lantern), but I think I'm pretty happy with this set-up. As I've said, it's worked for me before.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library