Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

View Poll Results: Who will be the Champion and crowned 'Best 4 Species Army'?
A Vampire, A Dwarf, and a Marro Warlord Walk into a Bar... 17 50.00%
Lamentation 2 5.88%
Incredibly Creative Army Name 12 35.29%
Should Have Been from Kinseth 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 28th, 2014, 01:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Competitive Challenge 3: (Final Four Voting Due 1/8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
I like the Kozuke tho, in this format they can be devastating if they manage to pass the screen.
Zombies x4 + Hounds + Kravs + Kozuke seems fun and can win.
If you want Krav, you have to drop Kozuke.
Old December 28th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
I like the Kozuke tho, in this format they can be devastating if they manage to pass the screen.
Zombies x4 + Hounds + Kravs + Kozuke seems fun and can win.
If you want Krav, you have to drop Kozuke.
Oh yeah true.

Old December 28th, 2014, 04:57 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I had a wild game against mtl1998 last week:

on Road Rampage (Valda and Gerda)

kevindola: Death of Fresh Air
Death Knights of Valkrill x4, Dumutef Guard x4, Air Elemental x3, Krav Maga Agents

mtl1998: A Vampire, A Dwarf, and a Marro Warlord Walk into a Bar…
Roman Legionnaires x3, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Me-Burq-Sa, Cyprien Esenwein, Marro Warriors

This look like a mtl domination, but some hot dice and swirling vortex swung things.

MTL opened up with Marros-Romans-Cyprien with Cyp taking Defense +1. I took Valda with an air elemental and threw deathknights at the Vampire doing 1 wound. Forgehammer came in and dealt with both the Undead knights though. I switched to Kravs who got 6 attacks down on Cyprien but with his 5 defense he had 1 life left.

The 3rd round mtl won a crucial initiative and had OM1 on the 1 life Cyprien. He flew off of Gerda to Chill one of the Krav and then kill another attacking up. 1 Krav left and Cyp back up to 3 life.

At this point mtl had killed 3 deathknights, 2 Kravs, and 1 Dumutef and all I had done was 3 wounds to Cyprien (well 5, but he only had 3 wounds on him ). In addition a Roman was on Gerda, Mog and 2 other Romans were on the bridge and a third was approaching the AE on Valda.

I lost another DK (4 left), but on the last turn I had an AE kill the sole roman on Gerda and then 2 deathknights were able to kill Cyprien.

On the next turn I took Gerda and started concentrating on Romans knocking out a few. The Marros came out though taking height and kill both glyph holders. A couple of big things happened though as I put an Air elemental on the northern side and mtl obliged by sending Romans single file through the gap on the Northern side. He also sent Me-Burq-Sa to the bridge and allowed my Dumtef to attack Forgehammer. I rolled 7/10 with the the Fiantooth in two attacks and combined with a couple of wounds that a deathknight had done was able to kill the dwarf.

By the time the Romans broke through the Air Elemental pass to take Vlada it was down to 4 Romans, MBS with 1 wound, 2 Marro Warriors vs. 3 Dumutefs, 2 deathknights, 1 Krav.

The 5-6 defense Dumutef probably survived upwards of 10 attacks of 2-3 vs. the Romans and Marro Warriors while slowly taking a figure down a turn with his 5 attack with assists from the deathknights who either had Gerda or attacked.

Mtl might still have taken it with his 2 Marro Warriors, but he failed 2 clone attempts and my sole Krav survivor who had survived the Vampire massacre came in and shot down 1 Marro and when the final Marro came in to try and kill the Krav, he was beat down by the Dumutef.

Winner: Death of Fresh Air

with 3 Dumutefs, 1 Deathknight, 1 Krav Maga

I really think the Roman build could have had this in the bag if he had consolidated around Gerda with the Romans, used Forgehammer more when he was in position, and grouped the Romans on the bridge instead of sending them single file 1 space at a time through the tree pass near Valda through swirling vortex. Great game though. Really exciting after I thought I was getting blown out early.
Old December 28th, 2014, 06:42 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

That was a crazy game. I really thought I had it after Cyp killed two Kravs in one turn, but that's about when it fell apart for me as well. All in all, a fantastic game.
Old January 1st, 2015, 05:04 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

EDIT: Game over. Dysole and I played the below. I will post a battle report later. It was quite the game....

kevindola playing: Gimme Your Soul
Shades x2, Ne-Gok-Sa, Hydra, Kaemon Awa

Dysole playing: Monsters & Men
Ashigaru Harquebus x3, Ornak, Krug, Fen Hydra, Isamu

Last edited by kevindola; January 1st, 2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old January 1st, 2015, 10:04 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Another sample game.

Played on 'Center of the Night' with Dagmar and Wannok

kevindola playing: Gimme your Soul
Shades of Bleakewoode x2, Kaemon Awa, Fen Hydra, Ne-Gok-Sa

Dysole playing: Monsters & Men
Ashigaru Harquebus x3, Ornak, Krug, Fen Hydra, Isamu

The first two rounds saw Kaemon Awa battle the Harquebus. (I spent one order to develop the Hydra) Kaemon took out only 4 Harqs before getting dropped and I lost an OM.

I won initiative in Round 3 and the Hydra went to work nom nom nomming a couple of Harqs per turn while only taking a wound in the return fire. I sent in the Hydra on the last turn and got 1 attack down on the opposing Hydra which did 2 wounds.

Dysole's Hydra took down mine the next round, but not before my Hydra had killed 6 Harqs and 2 wounds to his Hydra. (Leaving 6 Shades, NGS vs. 2 life Hydra, Krug, Ornak, 2 Harqs, Isamu)

Next round saw Ornak position Krug and the Hydra while I started sending out the Shades. Dysole knew Krug needed to be charged up somewhat before duking it out with undead so he had the Hydra take height and attack the Troll.......Hydra: 5 skulls. Krug 0 shields. Talk about charged up. Dysole put 5 wounds on his own Krug. I lost 1 shade but surrounded Krug (hit him for 6th wound) and Hydra and took Dagmar.

Next Round I lose initiative even with Dagmar (I see this happen a ridiculous amount of time in games (not just me)). Ornak uses the 2 attacks with Krug (8 attack) and 2 attacks with Hydra to clear out the 3 shades. (leaving me 2). My last shades kill 1 Harquebus (leaving 1) before the Hydra kills 1 (leaving me 1 shade)

I win an initiative and get.....a 19 sould devour on the 2 life Krug. BOOM. He is promptly killed by Isamu on the next OM....

In the next round the Hydra and Ne-Gok-Sa engage with Ne-Gok-Sa taking 4 wounds on shadow rolling 1/14 defense. We now have this even matchup:

1 life Ne-Gok-Sa vs. 2 Life Hydra, Isamu, Ornak, 1 Harquebus.

You would think this would be over, but Ne-Gok-Sa blocked the next 14 attacks (5 of 4 attack, 8 of 3, 1 of 2) to wipe out the Hydra, the ninja, the Ashigaru, and then win a battle with Ornak.

Can't say I deserved that one with how things looked there when it got to Ne-Gok-Sa...but I'll take it. Would not have won this without the soul devour to take Krug from Dysole's team, even if I never got an activation with him.

Winner: Gimme Your Soul

with a 1 life Ne-Gok-Sa

@Arch-vile
@yamissflash
Old January 1st, 2015, 10:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The last shade always gets Krug; you know this.
Old January 8th, 2015, 09:12 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Last day to vote! Thanks to everybody who has already done so. All but one who submitted an army has voted and several observers have jumped in. Barring a late surge of voting today, the final four look pretty established. (#5/#6 need 2 votes to jump in the finals). Should be an interesting final four debate tomorrow when the matchups are released.
Old January 8th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

*sigh*

I'm the outlier. I'm having a really hard time choosing. I genuinely believe that over half of the submissions are evenly enough matched that the results between two equally skilled players will depend more on RNG than on the composition of the armies.

~Aldin, getting ready to vote

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 8th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Vote's in!

It was pretty easy to pare it down to about 8 or 9, but the final cuts were a bit more difficult.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old January 9th, 2015, 09:28 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

Re: Competitive Challenge 3: Championship Voting (until 1/22

Who loves them some Nilfheim + screen and Kravs? EVERYBODY

Pick the 1 army you think would come out the winner of this 4 person bracket. Take into account the matchups and the maps. (Thread Poll has been started for final voting the poll will CLOSE the morning of 1/22)

The semifinals will be played:
The center of the Night - (Dagmar, Wannok)

Semifinal #1

#1 A Vampire, A Dwarf, and a Marro Warlord Walk into a Bar…
(Roman Legionnaires x3, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Me-Burq-Sa, Cyprien Esenwein, Marro Warriors)

vs.

#4 Should Have Been From Kinseth
(Greenscale Warriors x2, Nilfheim, Raelin (SotM), Krav Maga Agents)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Semifinal #2

#2 Lamentation
(Deathreavers x3, Greenscale Warriors x2, Nilfheim, Krav Maga Agents (sit two deathreavers))

vs.

#3 Incredibly Creative Army Name
(Deathreavers x3, Nilfheim, Fen Hydra, Krav Maga Agents)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Championship match would be played:

Fossil (Ulanvia, Kelda)

The last few playoff spots got tight at the end. @flameslayer93 was just 1 vote away from taking the spot from 'Should have been from Kinseth'. @Dysole held the spot for a while, but eventually finished 2 votes away. There was a large gap between 6th place and 7th.

@Ixe , @Aldin , and @elvenwizard9 finished 1 vote out of cracking the top 10.

Below are the rest of the armies. Ranked up to 10 and then listed alphabetically.

Standings and Armies

Spoiler Alert!

I will announce the coolest army on during the awards ceremony. The nominees (those who received more than 2 votes) are:

Hairy and Ugly
Monkey in the Middle
A Vampire, a Dwarf, and a Marro Warlord walk into a Bar…
Spidergirl and her Disgusting Friends
Old January 9th, 2015, 10:09 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Competitive Challenge 3: Championship Voting (until 1/22

Woo! 5th place!

Good luck to the final four!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion