Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old March 5th, 2007, 10:10 AM

bigbadbob has disabled reputation
Where's Thor and Loki?

It occured to me this morning. In a Marvel-heroscape crossover, which is meant to be played together, how can Marvel not include Thor and Loki in the initial release?! I mean, Thor and Loki LIVE in Valhalla. It would only make sense that they would be one of the starting super heroes/villians in Marvelscape.
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:17 AM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
I thought they lived in Asgard?

I don't think Heroscape/Marvelscape were meant too really have anything to do with each other... but after consideration they made them compatible. Still hard to tell though since MS hasn't even came out yet...

Old March 5th, 2007, 12:09 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Thor would probably be like 400-500 points.
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Thor would be on par with teh silver surfer or Hulk power-wise. Loki, what on earth would his powers be since he is basically a sorcerer/trickster god. Mindshackle?

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:55 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I predict we'll see Thor in an expansion wave. He's a pretty iconic character and likely will not be left out. They've got to save some good stuff for the expansions.
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:53 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
Thor and Loki are in the back room, boozing it up with Freya, Tir and Bragi, while those dweebs Jandar, Utgar, Einar, Ullar and Vydar go around causing all sorts of mayhem at the wellsprings....

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old March 5th, 2007, 04:10 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Actually, the fact that Thor and Loki come from Asgard, complicates any association between the Marvel Universe and the Heroscape Universe. The Valhalla of Heroscape is totally different than the one in the Marvel Universe. There is actually a Marvel character called Valkyrie, and she is an actual valkyrie from Valhalla. However, she does not have wings. In the Marvel Universe, Valhalla is a peaceful place, which is much more bland and unimaginative than the one in Heroscape. In Marvel, the more diverse and extreme battlefields are spread throughout other parts of Asgard.

Here is a description of Valhalla as it is depicted in the Marvel Universe:

"Valhalla - vahl-halla A land north of the city of Asgard, bordering Hel, that Odin set aside for the spirits of the honored dead. Valhalla has been imbued with special mystical properties making it fit only for ethereal life."

Also, as someone mentioned, Loki is a tough guy to translate, with such a wide variety of possible abilities thanks to his magic. His most notable ability is trickery, which is better used as a plot device in stories and more complicated RPGs. In a simple battle game like this, that ability would have to be translated as some kind of mind shackle or something. I'm sure they will get to him and Thor eventually, but since they aren't as straight forward as the other characters, I'm not surprised that they aren't in the starter.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion