Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 25th, 2018, 05:59 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Drax (II) (Breathing)

I'm in favour of his attack scaling with hurt friendlies, and going with the Rag-tag approach. Honestly, I disagree with johnny - I feel like Drax does sort of enjoy being around other outsiders, at least in the films. I think he was right about Gamora, but not with Drax.

That being said, I'd be okay to drop the Rag-tag aspect and keep it open if it doesn't shoot his price up or encourage playing him in other builds over Guardians builds. I definitely don't want a restricted synergy for it - that feels weird and antithetical to how Guardians builds should behave.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old August 25th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

In the movie he’s drawn to the very different Mantis.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 25th, 2018, 10:15 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
RELENTLESS ENGAGEMENT
During an enemy figure's turn, if that figure ends its movement within 4 spaces of Drax, you may immediately move Drax up to 3 spaces if he ends this movement engaged with that figure. If a figure rolls for an adjacent normal attack or a leaving engagement attack against Drax and does not roll any skulls, the figure receives 1 wound.
I'm more concerned with this power right now. I think it's really cool, but I guess dok and Soundwarp and the crew must have given me some competitive sense tingling, because I'm worried that Drax can just voluntarily move around and take LEAs to wound other figures, then get healed or shielded in armies with people who do that sort of thing. I am envisioning situations where there are two enemy figures and Drax juggles between them every time they take a turn or he takes a turn, dealing a free wound 50% of the time. Sure, he'll take the other 50% damage himself, but if you had Invisible Woman, Karolina Dean, and some healers in your army, it feels awfully nasty to me.

I'm going to abstain on the Rag-Tag or not decision. I wasn't around for the original Guardians designing and I haven't played most of their cards yet.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 25th, 2018, 10:28 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

It's tough to articulate the difference between modern Groot and modern Drax, but, like - in the Bendis/Duggan era, whenever there's drama or conflict in the group, you see Groot in the background, making a sad face, trying to help reconcile things. They keyed off the MCU version and really emphasized his empathy and love for the downtrodded and the family he's built.

Drax isn't like that. In those same scenes, he either says something curt and crosses his arms of actively starts arguing. He tends to ignore Star-Lords advice/commands. He and Gamora are the closest allies on the team, because their relationship predates the GOTG. They're old friends, because they're both merciless killers with little time for friends or family.

Drax is bothered by relationships with other people. He's a closed off person who cares deeply but is uncomfortable about caring so much. His own daughter was revived as a weird psychic space goddess and they... didn't get along.

The movie version is great and all, but even in the heavily movie inspired Bendis run, comic Drax never got any emotionality or love for the team from it.

Keying off of his allies being wounded works great for the character. Making it so he can't use that on people who are similar to him is just a massive theme break. Drax loves Warriors. Why wouldn't he want to work with them?
Old August 25th, 2018, 10:35 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

OK, so, devil's advocate: why in the comics DOES he work primarily with the Guardians instead of other warriors? If he's with the Guardians on a mission and runs into a bunch of warriors, is he likely to go off and fight with those warriors instead of completing the mission?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 25th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
OK, so, devil's advocate: why in the comics DOES he work primarily with the Guardians instead of other warriors? If he's with the Guardians on a mission and runs into a bunch of warriors, is he likely to go off and fight with those warriors instead of completing the mission?
Depends on what those Warriors are doing. I can think of a bunch of occasions where Drax has done exactly that - left the Guardians behind because he didn't care about their mission or found something better to do. In fact, he just did in the comics, for Infinity Countdown: he knew the Soul Stone couldn't be trusted in their hands, so he left them and rejoined Adam Warlock and his new Infinity Watch.

Drax is involved with the GOTG because they guard the galaxy. That's his primary goal (that and killing Thanos). When they aren't doing that, he leaves. When someone better comes along, he goes with them. He has respect for Quill and Gamora, and Warlock when he's involved, BECAUSE they're similar, not because they're different.
Old August 25th, 2018, 10:48 AM

OK. So it sounds like thematically he's not a very good teammate and doesn't work particularly well with the team?

Old August 25th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

The most iconic Drax moments on the team are him doing something on his own accord, and the rest of the team going "DRAX NO!" so - yeah, he's not a great teammate.

He should be a great choice for Star-Lord, no doubt. He works well with Quill. But they need him, he doesn't need them.
Old August 25th, 2018, 10:54 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Isn’t that sort of the point of all of them though? Do any of them work together because they are different? Do they actually think “man, this person is too similar to me, I can’t work with them”. Or do they put any differences aside and all focus on the task at hand, and fight for the same cause? The rag tag mechanic from the very foundation is a stretch in theme for me. The guardians have 3 telepaths with Moondragon, Mantis, and Cosmo. They aren’t all completely different. “Sorry, we’ve already got a Telepath, we can’t function now” They work together despite their differences, not because they are different.

The way I see it, we laid this foundation for the team, now we need to figure out a way to actually give you a real reason to play them together. That’s all I care about with this. Drax II is to be a premiere pick for Star-Lord. He can be a good pick for other armies as well, that’s fine. I’m only focused and reliant on the former to make this a success.
Old August 25th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Star-Lord's theme is that he cut his teeth after decades as a forgotten washout in Annihilation, where he helped bridge the armies of multiple empires as a top-end strategist. And after that he managed roughly a dozen disparate weirdos. The idea was to capture Annihilation: Conquest, where he was tapped to lead a Dirty Dozen of random forgotten cosmic characters specifically because of that - that team was Bug, Deathcry, Mantis, Captain Universe, Rocket, and Groot. Working with the actual GOTG was always secondary to the spirit of the GOTG.

I've never been concerned with thematic armies as much as thematic cards - if they don't make sense in a vacuum I don't think they've been done right. But I can't imagine why we couldn't do both here. Most of Star-Lord's best pairings are with standalone heroes. Drax should just be one of them.
Old August 25th, 2018, 11:08 AM

This is a tough one. It seems like there are three competing forces:

1. The purpose of the design (i.e. to make a factional Drax)
2. The concerns of competitive balance from the CRB
3. The specific thematic interpretations of johnny

It’s hard for all three to coexist here. My personal preference is to focus on the first two and make this, a second version of a character, more thematically tied to the movie version of the character.

Otherwise it seems like a build that fits #1 and #3 as written above will be too good competitively and something that hits #2 and #3 above will have the same factional issue as Drax I.

It’d be nice to accomplish all three but I’m not sure it’s possible and trying feels like designing with one hand tied behind our backs.

Old August 25th, 2018, 11:13 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I don’t think all 3 are impossible.

It’s clear we should make a Drax that’s just a good stand alone. Which is exactly what Star-Lord likes. As long as his abilities are greatly boosted by Star-Lord, and he’s got a solid point cost for what he offers, that’s enough to warrant picking him. If he works well in other armies with Cap that’s fine too. As long as it doesn’t outcost his worth as a pick for Star-Lord. I believe Star-Lord’s best picks as of now are figures that aren’t reliant on a specific synergy to be great. They just need to benefit and maximize from attack and defense boosts.

Leave out the rag tag mechanics, and just focus on a build that gets Drax multiple big attacks, and that’s really it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library