Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old February 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Fatality - Design Phase

Regarding Griff's concern about referencing "Defense number" instead of "Defense number on its Army Card", what if it instead referred to Defense dice instead?

ENERGY STAFF SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
Figures defending against Fatality's Energy Staff Special Attack cannot roll more than 5defense dice. If Fatality inflicts one or more wound with Energy Staff Special Attack, she may attack one additional time with Energy Staff Special Attack.

She'd be averaging 2 skulls to the defending figure's 1.67 skulls, making the second attack less likely.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 53 - ARKHAM UNLEASHED
Old February 20th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Works for me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 20th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Regarding Griff's concern about referencing "Defense number" instead of "Defense number on its Army Card", what if it instead referred to Defense dice instead?

Range 5. Attack 4.
Figures defending against Fatality's Energy Staff Special Attack cannot roll more than 5defense dice. If Fatality inflicts one or more wound with Energy Staff Special Attack, she may attack one additional time with Energy Staff Special Attack.

She'd be averaging 2 skulls to the defending figure's 1.67 skulls, making the second attack less likely.
That is certainly clearer.... However when Darkseid reduces Superman's defense by -1 while Fatality attacks Superman with her Energy Staff, which defense reduction comes first?.... I don't think that is clear, in fact, I am starting to think that the entire first line is completely unnecessary.
Old February 20th, 2011, 01:28 PM
"Special Eyes"

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post

Range 5. Attack 4.

That is certainly clearer.... However when Darkseid reduces Superman's defense by -1 while Fatality attacks Superman with her Energy Staff, which defense reduction comes first?.... I don't think that is clear, in fact, I am starting to think that the entire first line is completely unnecessary.
Since the power refers to the maximum number of dice to be rolled, Darkseid would affect the defending figure's defense first. Then if the defending figure still had >5 defense dice to roll, it could only roll 5.

Old February 20th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I think it's pretty clear here, Griff. The attack doesn't subtract any defense, it just makes it so the unit can't roll more than 5. It happens concurrently with other reductions, not in addition to them. So Darkseid lowers Superman's 7 defense to 6. That's fine. Superman has 6 defense while Darkseid is there - but he can't roll more than 5 of them when Fatality attacks him.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 20th, 2011, 07:51 PM
"Special Eyes"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Yeah, I think it's pretty clear here, Griff. The attack doesn't subtract any defense, it just makes it so the unit can't roll more than 5. It happens concurrently with other reductions, not in addition to them. So Darkseid lowers Superman's 7 defense to 6. That's fine. Superman has 6 defense while Darkseid is there - but he can't roll more than 5 of them when Fatality attacks him.
Could not have said it any better.

Old February 20th, 2011, 08:15 PM
"Special Eyes"

So any objections to me starting an initial playtest for her?

Old February 20th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

I'd object if you didn't.

Old February 20th, 2011, 09:45 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I don't think it is as clear as you want it to be though. Someone could easily say that Superman can't roll more than 5 defense, then say that Darkseid reduces it by 1. Whether your interpretation of it is correct or not isn't the issue, its clarity is. And again, I am not understanding why we even need that line at all. The SA is interesting enough without it, and I don't really want to see another defense reducing power right now.

Griff ~ not happy with the SA right now
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

I think it's a little bland without that part of the power, but I'm sympathetic to not wanting more powers that subtract defense right now, so maybe a little bland is the way to go?

Old February 21st, 2011, 08:20 AM
"Special Eyes"

If that part goes, she should get to keep the SA attack at 4.

Old February 21st, 2011, 09:56 AM

Range 5. Attack 4.
Choose a non-adjacent figure to attack. If Fatality inflicts one or more wounds with Energy Staff Special Attack, she may attack one additional time with Energy Staff Special Attack.
  1. I am not sure if it is your intention or not, but the "one additional" phrase has been FAQ'd to ALWAYS mean that it is only "ONE" extra time, and not unlimited. Is that your intention, or do you mean for her to "continue to attack with her Energy Staff Special Attack until she does not inflict a wound"?
  2. A "double attack" of 4 is OK with me, but an unlimited ranged attack of 4 that keeps triggering as she inflicts damage would not be OK with me. She would just dominate some squads in a way that didn't seem true to the character.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library