Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old September 24th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker
Concerts you have attended

I really like the "what music are you listening to now" thread, but a true indication of music tastes is laying down coin to catch an act in concert . So, I'd like to see what groups you all dig enough to actually see in person. List the first and last concerts you saw, plus any significant others you attended.

My first concert, at the cool age of 18, was a triple act of Madness and the Go-Gos opening for David Bowie. For a first concert, it was a homerun. My last was Fleetwood Mac about a year and a half ago with the missus. In between, I inflamed my love of the 80's by seeing Depeche Mode, Devo, the Cure, the B-52's, the Plimsouls, the Bangles, Fine Young Cannibals, Berlin, Greg Kihn, and one of my all time faves, Oingo Boingo.

Who have you all forked over hard earned cash to see?

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old September 24th, 2008, 07:49 PM

its me lol is surprisingly tart
Re: Concerts you have attended

Maroon 5!

... I really don't like them, I won free radio tickets.

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
And we both know hearts can change
And it's hard to hold a candle
In the cold November rain
-Axl Rose
Old September 24th, 2008, 07:59 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

The only really notable ones are the US Air Force band (They were darn good...), and Video Games Live.

Tommy Tallarico likes my hat! (It's a bliack one with a treble clef)

I've also been to many local band/orchestra concerts, but I don't think you'd care about those.
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
.... love of the 80's by seeing Depeche Mode, Devo, the Cure, the B-52's, the Plimsouls, the Bangles, Fine Young Cannibals, Berlin, Greg Kihn, and one of my all time faves, Oingo Boingo.
I saw The Cars in concert once ('84 or '85, can't remember) and Wang Chung was the warm-up band. I love the 80s !!
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:08 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Dead, Allman Brothers, PHISH, Dave Matthews, Son Seals, Bruce Hornsby, Government Mule, Ziggy Marley, moe, and lots of others.
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:15 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

The closest I've ever come to even being in a concert, was when a local radio station was giving away free tickets to see Falling Up, Family Force 5, This Beautiful Republic, and Spoken. I like Falling Up and Family Force 5 but I don't think I'd pay money to see them. If I had the chance to go to a Skillet or Pillar concert though, I'd pay big money!

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:42 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Not much, I usually save my $$ for Red Sox tickets, but the few I've been too:

Def Leppard x2
Journey
Barenaked Ladies x3 (for my wife NOT ME!)
Eve's Plumb
Bruce Springsteen

EDIT: How could I forget, Trans Siberian Orchestra.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; September 24th, 2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:03 PM

dragonfire has disabled reputation

My first concert was Summer of 07. I saw Styx, Forigner and Def Lepard.

Then, in late 07, I saw Bigs and Rich(not a country fan, but they were opening for.....)BON JOVI!

Then, a few weeks ago, I saw Cheap Trick, Heart, and Journy.

This year, I also want to see the Killers(dont know when they tour) and AC/DC(tours end of the year?)

My Signature
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:05 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hmm this may take awhile...

Pink Floyd (x2)
Kiss (x5)
Springsteen (x10)
Billy Joel (x5)
Elton John
Motley Crue (x3)
Ozzy
Poison
Whitesnake
Heart
Rod Stewart
Metallica (x3)
Twisted Sister
Elvis Costello (x15)
Bon Jovi (x3)
Garth Brooks
Shania Twain
Hootie and the Blowfish
The Saw Doctors (x3)
John Mellencamp (x2)
Smithereens
Squeeze (x20)
Grateful Dead (x12)
David Bowie
The Who
Rolling Stones
Van Halen
U2
Jay Black and the Americans (x3)
AC/DC
Iron Maiden
Paul Simon
Public Enemy

....and a bunch more I cant remember right now...
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:06 PM

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Twisted Sister

You're my hero...

-insert signature here-
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:09 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Twisted Sister

You're my hero...
That was a long long time ago...but funny story a few years ago I went to my cousin's wedding and they had hired one of the local wedding bands that I got to know pretty well from my days of bartending and their guitar player was......Ed Ojeda from TS....no joke.
Old September 24th, 2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Twisted Sister

You're my hero...
That was a long long time ago...but funny story a few years ago I went to my cousin's wedding and they had hired one of the local wedding bands that I got to know pretty well from my days of bartending and their guitar player was......Ed Ojeda from TS....no joke.
Nice! Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music