Notices

Old August 19th, 2008, 07:28 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart
Re: Chicagoland Scapers Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtenor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper314 View Post
So is anyone here planning on running a tournament for NHSD?
It's the Midwest "Sweetest day" here. To dangerous! Maybe one day the Midwest will be included in NHSD.
I think I missed something....

Anyways, the midwest technically is included in NHSD...I know there is a tournament in Iowa...I was just hoping there would be something in the Chicago area, becaues Iowa is too far for me to go.
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:18 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's the Midwest "Sweetest day" here. To dangerous! Maybe one day the Midwest will be included in NHSD.

Anyways, the midwest technically is included in NHSD...I know there is a tournament in Iowa...I was just hoping there would be something in the Chicago area, becaues Iowa is too far for me to go.
You're right but consider this based on 2006 census the population in the US is 299,398,484. Ohio where Sweetest day originated has 11,478,006, Michigan 10,095,643, Indiana 6,313,520, Illinois 12,831,970, Wisconsin 5,556,506, Pennsylvania 12,440,621, New Jersey(Candy maker state) 8,724,560, New York 19,306,183 not to mention other non top 10 states not in the surrounding area of Ohio & New Jersey in these states alone it's 86,747,009 over 25% of the USA population was left out of National Heroscape Day add the other states and Heroscape left more then 50% of the US population out, but don't take my word for it research it, maybe you see how soft my numbers are. The solution change NHSD a week early. As a Business I would change it in a heartbeat! Hopefully WOTC are smart enough and don't sit on there hands. I simply vote to grow Heroscape! Change it! Change it!
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're right but consider this based on 2006 census the population in the US is 299,398,484. Ohio where Sweetest day originated has 11,478,006, Michigan 10,095,643, Indiana 6,313,520, Illinois 12,831,970, Wisconsin 5,556,506, Pennsylvania 12,440,621, New Jersey(Candy maker state) 8,724,560, New York 19,306,183 not to mention other non top 10 states not in the surrounding area of Ohio & New Jersey in these states alone it's 86,747,009 over 25% of the USA population was left out of National Heroscape Day add the other states and Heroscape left more then 50% of the US population out, but don't take my word for it research it, maybe you see how soft my numbers are. The solution change NHSD a week early. As a Business I would change it in a heartbeat! Hopefully WOTC are smart enough and don't sit on there hands. I simply vote to grow Heroscape! Change it! Change it!
Again, I think I'm missing something ...what's wrong with October 18th? These tournaments aren't run by Wizards of the Coast, so it's not like they're leaving us out...we're leaving ourselves out by not running anything...
Old August 20th, 2008, 12:05 PM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Again, I think I'm missing something ...what's wrong with October 18th? These tournaments aren't run by Wizards of the Coast, so it's not like they're leaving us out...we're leaving ourselves out by not running anything...
WOTC gives prize support, like Hasbro did in the past. Also looks like it doesn't matter what I say no one listen. I have been saying this since the 1st NHSD was announced. I guess 25-50% of you customer base is not that important, we can handle the hosing heroscape gives us. Have fun on NHSD & good luck finding anything local.
Old August 20th, 2008, 12:34 PM

They'll give prize support if the tournament is big enough...but from a business perspective it really doesn't make any sense for them to give out prizes for a tournament with only 4 people in it...
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
They'll give prize support if the tournament is big enough...but from a business perspective it really doesn't make any sense for them to give out prizes for a tournament with only 4 people in it...
Exactly if you move to a none fake holiday participation should increase, maybe even double!
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I would but Sept and Oct is soccer soccer soccer for my boys. In fact, one of my sons is having a soccer tournament on 10/18, 10/19. So no Heroscape for me that weekend.

Quote:
She gets Sweetest Day and Valentine's Day? Sheesh.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; September 30th, 2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old August 21st, 2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Quote:
I would but Sept and Oct is soccer soccer soccer for my boys. In fact, one of my sons is having a soccer tournament on 8/18, 8/19. So no Heroscape for me that weekend.

Quote:
She gets Sweetest Day and Valentine's Day? Sheesh.
Thats the thing we don't celebrate Sweetest day, but I don't want to screw that up by telling my wife I'm going to play Heroscape on that day. Then in the future for sure we'll be celebrating it! Or worse I come home to a garbage can full of Heroscape. No thanks. I'll lose the battle, and live to fight another day! (Oh the crap we do for women)
Old August 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM

playa1 knows what's in an order marker playa1 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Maybe:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=20958
Old August 29th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Finding HS stuff in Chicago

Does anyone know of any specialty gaming stores in Chicago proper where Heroscape stuff is sold? Or any store for that matter? I have not had much luck at Target, WalMart, or Toys R Us (they usually carry one or two of the same sets).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old August 29th, 2008, 07:03 PM

TheHeadhunter is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Hello, I am looking for someone to run HeroScape events or demos at Chicago ClixCon in our miniature gaming area. The con is Sept. 26th-28th at the College of DuPage. If anyone is interested please contact me at fastfrank23@comcast.net.

Chicago ClixCon and Conception 5 -- Sept. 26th-28th at the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, IL.

For more info: www.myspace.com/chicagoclixcon
Old August 31st, 2008, 11:38 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Hello TheHeadhunter and welcome to Heroscapers.com. So this miniatures area is new to ClixCon I see. I'd love to help out with this but that weekend I'm busy. Hopefully you'll hear from someone on the boards here. There are plenty of Heroscapers in Chicagoland...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeadhunter View Post
Hello, I am looking for someone to run HeroScape events or demos at Chicago ClixCon in our miniature gaming area. The con is Sept. 26th-28th at the College of DuPage. If anyone is interested please contact me at fastfrank23@comcast.net.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers