Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
single hex measurements

Anyone happen to know what the width of a single hex is? I'm not near my collection at the moment so I can't find out for myself. I thought I knew but when I was doing the math I found that I didn't record my results very consistantly when I did measure.

Doesn't have to be 100% exact, just close enough.

<nyys needs to stop making maps while at work>

-insert signature here-
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:48 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: single hex measurements

virtualscape measures 1.75 inches per hex, along the narrowest axis (i.e. center of a side to center of the opposite side). The long axis (corner to opposite corner) is 2.02, which you could derive yourself of course (1.75*2/sqrt(3)).

So, for a big board, it's 1.75*(side by side hexes) in one axis, and 1.515*(number of zigzaging hexes + 1/3) on the other axis.

<dok needs to go to work now>
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:04 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Thanks... much appreciated.

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dok again.

-insert signature here-
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:01 PM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker

Out of curiousity I just put a pair of calipers to a hex and the face of the hex is exactly 1.75..the usable/move part of the hex is 1.5..but the entire hex counting the locking extensions on the side is 4.5 cm just 1/8in under 2in....

Don't know if you are counting that?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd like to have helped, but believe it or not, I don't have any hexes at work.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios