Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old July 24th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Hurt/Heal Competition Discussion thread.

The sign ups are closed as of Thursday, July 31. This is now a discussion thread.

The Fates are bored; being immortal can get really boring, and simply determining when mortals die is not cutting it any more. So the Fates have come up with a game to pass the time. They would watch a battle and secretly choose one of the warriors each to be their champion; they would subtly manipulate the flow of the battle to try and make their champion be the last one standing, all the while trying to figure out which warrior their fellow fates had chosen. They chose a planet rich with battle and strife, one that would entertain them for a long while; the name of this planet: Valhalla.

Welcome to the Heroscape Hurt/Heal Competition. Take the role of one of the Fates mentioned above and try to lead your champion to victory. If you wish to play, post here stating so. Before you go and start thinking this is just another H/H game, here are the rules:

1. Characters will be assigned randomly, so don't post which character you want when you sign up. As well, in the interest of keeping the game relatively short, I may break the players into a number of games (probably no more than 20-30 per game).

2. All characters start with 20 health. Each day, all players may post a hurt/heal action in this format:

Hurt: <character>
Heal: <character>

Characters who are the target of a Hurt action loses 3 health; characters who are the target of a heal action gains 1 health. You are allowed to target your own character with either action, but you may not target the same character with both actions; they must both be different.

3. You may attempt at any time to guess a character's identity by PMing me who you think has been assigned that character (i.e. "I guess <player> is Cyprien."), provided that character has not already had its identity guessed correctly. If you guess correctly, that character will lose 5 health, and your character will gain 3 health. However, if you guess wrong, your character will lose 5 health instead. You may attempt to guess the identity of a dead character, and your character will still gain the 3 health if you guess correctly.

4. To make things interesting, each day after the first I will choose a random number to determine whether there will be a special battlefield in effect. Slightly less than half the time, it will be a normal battlefield with no additional effects, but the other times it will be one of the following:

Fire field: The intense heat of the battlefield saps characters' stamina, making any injuries recieve hurt more. Hurt actions inflict 2 more damage than normal.

Water field: The cool waters refreshes the characters, causing healings to be more effective. Heal actions restore 1 more health than normal.

Poison field: A poisonous mist hangs over the field hurting all characters. All characters recieve 1 damage at the end of the round.

Metal field: The cold, dark, metallic field affects all characters' morale, neutralizing the effect of healing. No heal action allowed on this day.

Icy field: The slippery conditions prevent characters from getting firm footing, making attacks less effective. Hurt actions iflict 1 less damage than normal.

Thunder field: All characters have had their weapons imbued with electrical energy, allowing them to affect additional characters with their attacks. All players may make an additional "chain" hurt for 1 damage (The target of the chain hurt must be different from the hurt/heal targets).

Forest field: The thick forest allows a character to avoid damage from a failed attack better. Character take 2 less damage from making an incorrect identity guess on this day.

5. There is to be no game related PMing between players. Though I have no way of detecting this, I fully expect all players to comply.

6. In the interest of helping the game move along, once the game gets down to 5 players or less, the field will always be either the Poison or Fire fields. I may also do this if I feel the game is moving too slowly (i.e. if less than 1/3 - 1/2 of the players are making actions).

Registered Players (28 ):
  • whipmaster
  • Azrael's Acid
  • J-Unit94
  • LordRaidor
  • Einar's Puppy
  • Lord Pyre
  • Deadeye
  • King of the Marro
  • gamjuven
  • roland
  • whitearrow
  • Necroblade
  • SgtDrill
  • Heroscape Elffy
  • nyys
  • Snoop Greyjoy
  • Jedinate
  • MattsterTruckRally
  • Zelrig
  • southwest ninja
  • Agent of Vydar
  • Ty the Awasome
  • ZBeebleBrox
  • Gdawg4
  • Chillidog
  • ngin896
  • arp12
  • nelsopwns

Last edited by Firemaster; July 31st, 2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old July 24th, 2008, 07:32 PM

whipmaster is surprisingly tart
Re: Hurt/Heal Competition. Registration open until July 31.

This sounds like fun I would like to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
YOU don't seem very good.
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:43 AM

Azrael's Acid Woo who?

I would love to play.

" The only way evil can prevail, is when good men do nothing."
Old July 25th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

I'm in.

Old July 25th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'm In!!!

Sign me up!

...ah heck, ...I'll just do it myself...

^_~
-LordRaidor-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:07 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Normally, I hate hurt/heals. But with these specail rules, it sounds fun! I'm in!
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Sounds more interesting than usual! I'll play!
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:07 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Eh, I don't really like Hurt/Heals. And I don't think i read correctly, but do you PM the guess of the charecter? Because if you posted it in the thread, then people would know who your character is and just all guess you and then they'd all gain 3 life, and your character would be out. So, PMs, right? I'll think about joining, but I probably wouldn't check that often, so probably a no for me.
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:12 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

im in,
sounds like alot of fun!

DeadEye
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscape Elffy View Post
Eh, I don't really like Hurt/Heals. And I don't think i read correctly, but do you PM the guess of the charecter? Because if you posted it in the thread, then people would know who your character is and just all guess you and then they'd all gain 3 life, and your character would be out. So, PMs, right? I'll think about joining, but I probably wouldn't check that often, so probably a no for me.
Yes, you do PM your guess to me, so who guessed is kept secret. 2 other things I forgot to mention:

1. Even if your character is dead, you can still post hurt/heal actions. They will not have any effect, so you can do this to try and confuse the other players.

2. I update the status of all characters only once each day, at the start of each round. This makes it a bit harder to figure out people's identities.

Old July 25th, 2008, 10:22 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How often do we get a hurt/heal? Once a day, or is there a different time frame?
Old July 25th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
How often do we get a hurt/heal? Once a day, or is there a different time frame?
Once every 24 hours. Each round begins/ends at 9:00 PM EST.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games