Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old June 1st, 2008, 09:43 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I know alot of you play different games and will be joining in different events at GenCon.

I myself used to play alot of RPGs when I was younger but haven't played in years but really would like to. (Maybe I can tag along with someone to watch another game in action)

Lets use this thread to discuss those Non-Heroscape things that either you plan on doing or that you have played before. Talk about vendors and pretty much anything else about GenCon itself outside of Heroscapers.

For example...

You can meet some of our community members at different booths at GenCon.

At Booth 2334 you can meet our very own IMax and check out his ultra cool dice towers, adventure bags and dice in person. VIXENTOR GAMES

At Booth 321 you can meet our very own messy eater wytefang and check out the cool products of Fantasy Flight Games

At booth 704 our Custom Terrain making guru Grishnakh will be at the Dark City Games booth and running some games for them.

At booth 125 you can meet Lord_Paul and his dad at the SFR, Inc booth.

sorry...hit the wrong button...but since I double posted I might as well use this for something...

For those that have been there before...

What do you carry around with you at the Con?

I am contemplating bringing my tactical vest so I can carry what I need for the scape tournaments and still have my hands free. Do you think people will think I am a terrorist?

Last edited by bunjee; July 18th, 2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 03:30 AM

tchop is surprisingly tart
Re: Non Heroscape GenCon Thread

Carry a can of bear mace and they'll think you're security. That might prove to be advantageous when you mace people in line, and cut in line as the person(s) run(s) away into a wall. I got a 32 ounce can of bear mace if you want to borrow it. It sprays like 30 feet so you can hose a whole line down before you even get to it. It'll be a time saver......
Old June 2nd, 2008, 11:18 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchop View Post
Carry a can of bear mace and they'll think you're security. That might prove to be advantageous when you mace people in line, and cut in line as the person(s) run(s) away into a wall. I got a 32 ounce can of bear mace if you want to borrow it. It sprays like 30 feet so you can hose a whole line down before you even get to it. It'll be a time saver......
I am thinking that Febreeze will come in more handy than bear mace at genCOn...gamer funk is the enemy
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
Disinfretinated

mecha frog knows what's in an order marker mecha frog knows what's in an order marker

Here's a fun Non-Heroscape everyone can play. It's free and can be played in anywhere from 5-15 minutes.

Stand at one of the dealer hall entrances facing the doors. Count how many people show you their badge. It's pretty funny to watch how many con goers assume you are the guy. Plus, the hilarity of it actually grows each time you get to tell the story to your friends.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 10:57 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Things to do or see at GenCon:

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Jim, I like the way you think my friend.

I personally will spend a little time playing D&D Miniatures, the most important event for me will be the Community Draft, probably the most fun and enjoyable DDM event there is. I may look into playing a simple board game like Zombies! or get into some Inn-Fighting too. I invite anyone who has time to kill to play Inn-Fighting with me, it is easy to learn and fun. Last year I played in a Champions Superhero RPG game that was fun but I am guessing I won't be able to find an open spot in such things this time.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:23 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Jim - God Bless you , I want to hang with you is all I got to say.

Robb- never heard of Inn-Fighting, but It sounds fun just from the name. How long is a game? I would love to play a game of Inn-Fighting with you. I am there for HS first, the Vendors hall second, open gaming next, the auction, and then checking out speakers or I am not even sure since I have not been to GC for 27 years, I guess it will be a little different.

I saw a thread where someone wanted to play Descent, I would be up for this one, it is long I know, but I own it and have not played yet, so If I play with someone who knows the game I may actually play it here.

LNOE I think will be a fun one to play with other hard core gamers too.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post

Jim
I dont think my wife will be happy if that is what I decide to do
Old June 3rd, 2008, 06:54 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

Jim
I think Drake already got her.

Old June 4th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

Jim
You know what they* say. "What happens at ..."

Jim

*- They = Hahnarama

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 4th, 2008, 09:01 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I saw a thread where someone wanted to play Descent, I would be up for this one, it is long I know, but I own it and have not played yet, so If I play with someone who knows the game I may actually play it here.

LNOE I think will be a fun one to play with other hard core gamers too.
Yeah, I'm the Descent guy. I've got a thread in the board games forum going. I'd like to get a game together at some point with heroscapers. We are driving, so I'd be happy to bring my copy of the game (it's BIG) I'm also signed up to play a variety of things. The new Monsterpocalyps game from privateer press has me intrigued, I'll probably buy a few bosters and play that. I'm also doing True Dungeon, and a live action zombie survival LARP that should be great (silly) fun! I signed up to play a game of 4th edition D&D as well, to try out the new rules. Wednesday night Im playing a superhero RPG... The majority of my days will be spent on the dealer floor or playing heroscape though.

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old June 6th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Robb- never heard of Inn-Fighting, but It sounds fun just from the name. How long is a game? I would love to play a game of Inn-Fighting with you.
Inn-Fighting is a card and dice game that can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour usually. Each player (3-6 players) plays an adventurer in a bar fight with bystanders that help them and action cards that allow them to do strange things like make special attacks or steal victory points, etc. You gain victory points by knocking out adventurers or bystanders, the first player to 20 victory points wins and it can happen either very quick or very slow, usually somewhere in-between. I also have some other quick and easy games like Unexploded Cow and Bang!, both fun card games as well.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con