Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 3rd, 2019, 07:52 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Mega Construx has a Spock figure. You guys need to finish him up.
Old March 3rd, 2019, 08:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Walking Dead has good mechanics for AI. Could work as a base for Scape AI.
Are you talking about the all out war miniatures game. An event deck would be very cool played like that for heroscape. Now I have to make one.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 3rd, 2019, 08:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You rock TREX.
Old March 13th, 2019, 08:09 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Game of Thrones Goodness!

Now that the final season is here (I actually have to wait for the DVD release myself), I'm dusting off the two GOT board games I own.

1. Taeblewalker is coming over today for Battles of Westeros. This is a two player tactical minis battle game design, based on the original Battle Lore. Designer Kouba helped Richard Borg with the last expansions for the older game before doing this one. BOW is different and its own game. Back in the day, the Core Game featuring Stark vs Lannister was followed by five small ally expansions, and then by the only large expansion House Baratheon. The "A Battle Lore Game" logo on the box was very controversial at the time, but BOW is its own game. Leaders from A Song of Ice and Fire are individualised with figures and their own cards on the table as well as army units of infantry, cavalry, and archers.

BOW came out after the first TV season. House Baratheon included formats I never got to play, such as the preprinted terrain board for the Battle of Blackwater which has three separate scenarios for it, and a double board multiplayer fight, which I'm hoping to get to this time around. Several other players have recently checked in as also interested in this game.

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (2nd Edition), also by Fantasy Flight, is a multi player strategic game, with each player running a different major house on a map of all of Westeros, while the Wildlings come over the Wall once in a while to bug everyone! I've only played it a couple of times, and hope to make it another 'revival' project, for which others have also expressed interest when I asked. Both games were quite popular. GOT had two expansions, which I think I have, and just got a third one, which puts Daenarys in the game! I'll have to pick it up.

"I love it when a plan comes together."
Hannibal, The A Team
Old March 26th, 2019, 05:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Tiny Epic games; several of them are co-op which is awesome. For those of you have played them, which are your favorite Tiny Epic co-op games? (or games with optional co-op rules). Orthogonally, how simple are the different co-op rules relative to each other?

--

Separately, I asked this before (and obviously I will go back and look at the answers from then) but thought I would ask it again for conversation:
What is your favorite game to play with your kid in the 6-8 year old range? Preferably a game where they can not just understand how to play, but a game where the mechanics are simple enough (or even just random enough) that they can understand how to win. Preferably without being too frustrating for adults to join them.

I'll offer this up: one of my favorites in this category is Kingdomino. The Giants expansion is a neat little addition that manages to not move the needle for complexity (or even duration) and comes with a cool tower for storing all the tiles, with a little slot for pulling them out as you play. I might summarize it this way: Carcassonne, but more fun and it fits in about 15-20 minutes.

My caveat is that while my 5 year old can understand how to play, and understands how to get points, when the game comes down to the wire you need to be able to do a little more multiplication and addition than he's capable of in order to make the best decision. In other words, I don't think he's beat me at it yet.

The Queendomino expansion takes the game into euro territory (though it is still simpler than most other euros you'll ever play).

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 26th, 2019, 10:10 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Played Roots for the first time today, as the raccoon, and I won!

Old March 26th, 2019, 11:07 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm a fan of Kingdomino, Cap. It works for everybody, and that's important.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 27th, 2019, 10:48 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Played Roots for the first time today, as the raccoon, and I won!
Root is a fantastic game. It blows Vast out of the water, in my opinion. I have heard from many that the Vagabond (AKA raccoon) is overpowered, though I haven't played enough to have an opinion on that front.

This past weekend's premiere game was Arkham Horror (3rd Edition). The new edition really cleans up pretty much everything that was clunky about 2nd edition and turns it into a much, much smoother game while maintaining the same core concepts. I far prefer this edition.

Been playing a lot of 7 Wonders with all expansions ever since I got Armada last month. Though not recommended in the rules, the complete game with every expansion is very interesting and plays pretty smoothly. The only obstacle is teaching, but the more people I teach the less likely it becomes that teaching will be needed before a game.

Race for the Galaxy has returned to the spotlight for me. I bought the game used with the first three expansions years back in an auction and barely played it at all. After years in purgatory, I whipped it out last weekend and have been loving it. It's seen play three times since.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 27th, 2019, 11:08 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Race for the Galaxy has returned to the spotlight for me. I bought the game used with the first three expansions years back in an auction and barely played it at all. After years in purgatory, I whipped it out last weekend and have been loving it. It's seen play three times since.
Race is such a good game. I love it! I cherish my Race set - just the original and the first expansion - though I don't have anyone local to play with me. I think I saw there's a good app for it, though? I should get it, if so.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 27th, 2019, 11:35 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I just got Race for the Galaxy back to the playing table with my game group after years away from it as well. We'd played San Juan previously and some of them had played Roll for the Galaxy, so I think that helped them start to figure things out.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 27th, 2019, 02:12 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Playing Heroscape twice a week now! @Scapemage how do you like Armadas? I have every other expansion for 7 Wonders but that one. Love Cities and Leaders, haven't really enjoyed Babel yet.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 27th, 2019, 03:41 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

7 Wonders: Armada is a really interesting expansion. It adds new balancing to red, blue, yellow, and green card strategies. Red gets the largest boost, making it a far more viable option for a main source of points than before. The interactions between the cards and the ship boards each player gets really helps promote strategy honing and helps open up more options for the game.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games