Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 26th, 2007, 05:23 PM

obi_JUAN has disabled reputation
European Scapers

Hello everyone!
I am writing you from the isolated region of VahalaSpain. It is sad to be a scaper down here. My name is Juan Antonio, and I've been playing Heroscape for a while now. I regularly follow your discussions and just decided to open an account.
I envy you all so much guys. I usually read your posts about finding heroscape products in walmart and stuff. Heroscape disappeared a while ago in spain, stores don't ship anymore (not a chance of finding full shelves, like most of you). We had spanish versions of MS and Wave1, but was a bit unsuccessful I suppose... We have no chance of ordering from the states, since we are charged a LOT of money, so imagine how difficult was to get my collection. I already abandoned hope about Tundra (being this one one of my favourites ).
Anyway, getting back to the point; I wanted to know how many european are out there. Just wondering if they were more lucky with shipments from european stores. I hope my presentation in society wasn't too boring...
Big hug for everyone in the states.
Juan

PD: I'm looking forward to having a laurel...

I'm gonna Krug you!
Old February 26th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, obi_JUAN!

On behalf of our Estrella Wars fanboi populated and snowboarding community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

~Aldin, fortunate to have easy access to his drug of choice

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 26th, 2007, 06:24 PM

''easy access'' is not exactly what I would call it... I mean, I can order just now any wave for around 90 dollars, and it wouñld be as easy as to type my credit card numbers... but my credit card doesn't want that, right?

By the way... I have confirmation of a shipment of Wave 3 to an online shop in italy. They had confirmation from the states of the incoming shipment, apparently... just in case you anxious gorillanators fans are interested.

I'm gonna Krug you!
Old February 26th, 2007, 08:09 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
Welcome to the site! I know of some European scapers but not sure of any in Spain. I sure hope you have some lucky finds. I really feel bad for our international scapers...really. Well welcome here, and have a good time!
Old February 26th, 2007, 08:11 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
!Hola!(i guess this is the most appropriate thing to say)obi_JAUN(pretty clever username if u ask me) and welcome to HS. that stinks that u have no easy or cheep access to HS. i would not be able to live if i had no easy or cheap access to HS.
Old February 26th, 2007, 08:17 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: European Scapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by obi_JUAN
Hello
My name is Juan Antonio, you killed my father prepare to die!!!
It's always good to see new blood from over seas. We have quite the little international community here. I hope you stick around.
Old February 27th, 2007, 08:52 AM

It's so difficult down here. We have great superstores in Spain still selling MS at 120 dollars!!! Can you imagine that? That was its original price. The game received no updates at all (neither pricing nor expansions). That's years ago.
I know of a shop in the United Kingdom selling online (Forbidden Planet). I find their products very affordable, yet little in amount. I ordered raknar's, RTTFF and Orm's in January, and I'm still waiting. I received Orm's (which I love!!!) but no news about the other two...

I NEED TUNDRA!!!!!!!!! I NEED TUNDRA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna Krug you!
Old February 27th, 2007, 11:32 AM

I wanted to ask you something guys. I got some heroscape expansions;
Mallidon's Prophecy (x2)
Utgar's Rage
Zanaphor's Discovery
Dawn of Darkness
Orm's Return
MS (x3)
Already ordered: RTTFF and Raknar's.

I'm not interested in getting new varieties. I'd rather complete armies I already have. I differentiate right now three different homogeneous armies in my collection; marros, vipers/archers, orcs... I was wondering... does Jandar seem a bit disperse? I mean, I don't find any homogeneity among their troops, apart from the vikings... My question is:

Should I go on buying commons of the ones I already have?
OR
Should I get anything from Jandar's Oath or Thora's Vengeance instead? In that case, what?

I have been studying these possibilities but I can't find an answer...

PS: Yes, in europe we can still get some Jandar's Oath...
PS2: any european lonely soul anywhere?

I'm gonna Krug you!
Old February 27th, 2007, 12:14 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Welcome, obi_Juan! I take it then that Spain already has wave 2.
Hopefully May is the month for some UK heroscape movements?!
But i don't mind as i am only getting (and have got) one of everything at the moment.
Old February 27th, 2007, 12:29 PM

Hi there Jandars_hope!

I'm afraid not. We only got wave 1 and mastersets in spain (pathetic). That's all, because the took the game away for good. I got Utgar's rage, Zanaphor's and Dawn from italy online...
England: I bought my second Mallidon's Prophecy in London (hamleys). I also got some stuff at ForbiddenPlanet online, but they only sent me orm's return (everything else is awaiting re-stock). I looking forward to having Raknar's, and lost hope about Tundra

Anywhere in England to get stuff from??? Online if possible, hehehe...

I'm gonna Krug you!
Old February 27th, 2007, 01:10 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by obi_JUAN
Hi there Jandars_hope!

I'm afraid not. We only got wave 1 and mastersets in spain (pathetic). That's all, because the took the game away for good. I got Utgar's rage, Zanaphor's and Dawn from italy online...
England: I bought my second Mallidon's Prophecy in London (hamleys). I also got some stuff at ForbiddenPlanet online, but they only sent me orm's return (everything else is awaiting re-stock). I looking forward to having Raknar's, and lost hope about Tundra

Anywhere in England to get stuff from??? Online if possible, hehehe...
Our forbiddenplanet has alot of stuff not yet available elsewhere in the UK but other ukscapers say that the p&p is too high on mulitple buys and that it takes along time for delivery. But they do have tundra, raknars, romans, mastersets, orms, and road/tree sets.
Old February 27th, 2007, 07:00 PM

RichardD has disabled reputation
Ah. Back in the day when I would occasionally shop there, we called the place "Forbidding Prices".

I would strongly recommend that you try out Sandra at HouseMouseGames - I've been very happy with her service to us HSers in Europe. In fact, knowing the proce of posting from the UK to Europe, I'd not be too surprised if an order direct from the States only cost a few euros more than one from London.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion