Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 18th, 2018, 02:00 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Sounds super fun. I started speed painting my deep lords base crew this morning to try to finish my second tide core box. Then ill only have a couple hundred more pirates to paint. I picked p descent with a bunch of add ons from a fellow scaper on here. There are 110 minis to paint in those sets. I decided it was quite time to get painting minis again. Hopefully we will see how quick I can be with my new technique. I went back to pirates because that was what I primed last.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 18th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I don't have a speed painting technique

While I won't have hundreds for any one game system left to paint ( other than Mercs Recon if I decide to get back into that, or Halo Ground Command if I decide to paint the 2nd core set o have and finish some boosters I had gotten as well), I just have a lot from several different systems, with more coming soon from The Drowned Earth kickstarter and Legion.

Though, I'm sure I'll find some kind of technique when I get my 2 core sets of Star Wars Legion in a week or so. Lots of Stormtroopers and rebels, speeder bikes, AT-RT'S, and I should have 2 Airspeeders and an AT-ST coming as well. I actually have 2 other buddies that are getting it too, so the chances of playing are really good

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 22nd, 2018, 10:57 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

The little guys in the Rumbleslam pics remind me of Nacho Libre.

Old March 23rd, 2018, 10:03 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
The little guys in the Rumbleslam pics remind me of Nacho Libre.

Hah! That's great Porkins. Certainly does have a Rumbleslam vibe!

Old March 23rd, 2018, 10:12 PM
Prickly Cactus

I'm going to Adepticon https://www.adepticon.org on Sunday with my buddy Chris. But he was able to stop by there today to do some ninja shopping as he called it. Mostly looking for exclusives that may sell out before Sunday.

He messaged me asking if I wanted him to pick me up the one legged Dale booster for The Walking Dead All Out War. It has another survivor and a Walker version of Rick. It's the 2018 event exclusive. He also picked me up the Lee and Clementine booster that was the exclusive from last year and hard to find. Lee and Clementine are characters from a video game version of The Walking Dead. Chris said there were like 15 of the Dale booster left and only a couple of the Lee and Clementine one. $20 each, I'll take that

Can't wait to go on Sunday. They have the Frostgrave setup there as well, with the designer on hand and a ton of other stuff from Osprey Publishing. Ash Barker will also be at the Osprey booth, as he has a post apocalyptic game he designed, with Osprey Publishing it. I love his Guerilla Miniatures gameplay videos.

Also, should be getting my Star Wars Legion stuff very soon.

Old March 24th, 2018, 06:23 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

That sounds like way more fun than my weekend will be @Hahma . I may end up putting a gamenight together with another frostgrave game and maybe a little heroscape.

Old March 24th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Prickly Cactus

Well @TREX , Sunday will be fun. Today I have to go back to my mom's house, about an hour away in Illinois, to do some painting. I went there last Saturday too, to scrape and patch some water damage in her kitchen ceiling. So that part of my weekend isn't so fun

Old March 24th, 2018, 10:06 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Well @TREX , Sunday will be fun. Today I have to go back to my mom's house, about an hour away in Illinois, to do some painting. I went there last Saturday too, to scrape and patch some water damage in her kitchen ceiling. So that part of my weekend isn't so fun
The other night I couldn't sleep so I ended up writing shorthand rules to making my Rum and Bones game into a miniatures Wargame using pretty much all of the components of the game with a handful of tweaks making it be an all out multiplayer wargame on a 3d Environment. Could be played with Ghost Archipelago Terrain. The measuring sticks I made up for my Imperial Assault skirmish ended up being 1.5 inches with more solid marks at 3inches will be used here as well. Games like Rum and Bones, Zombicide, and Massive Darkness use a Zone System for multiple minis in zones. Here, the targeting figure gets to measure from his base to his target base using true LOS, Then any figure within 1.5 inches of the target figure are part of his zone. It keeps the game mechanics from changing too much and stays true to how it was made while going off the grid and introducing the awe of the tabletop terrain. Today I've been chopping away at little unfinished projects in my shop. Finished my Giant HS Dice Rolling tower and Dice. Finished up some old custom silver HOSS dice with custom Symbols on them. Finished up custom silver order markers that have been blank for a year. I still have about 20 blank dice I picked up awhile back that I'm going to laser Engrave once my machine comes. Not sure what game they will be engraved with.
That's super cool you got the exclusives from adepticon for WDAOW. I will get to play that one day. I've been seeing so many cool cultists for frostgrave painted up, I'm probably going to have to paint them next. I think we will probably get another Frostgrave in tomorrow. We are going to go down to a 3x3 part of the table and knock out each of the initial book missions first, then on to another book.

Old March 24th, 2018, 11:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Sounds like you cane up with a good "off the grid" system Trex. Look forward to seeing pictures of your craftiness

I can't wait to see all the awesome miniatures games and the vendors at Adepticon tomorrow. I'll try ti get some pictures of some neat stuff.

Old March 25th, 2018, 12:55 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Sounds like you cane up with a good "off the grid" system Trex. Look forward to seeing pictures of your craftiness

I can't wait to see all the awesome miniatures games and the vendors at Adepticon tomorrow. I'll try ti get some pictures of some neat stuff.
Looking forward to see what you come up with. These games are fun games that take minimal adjustments to enjoy them on a gridless system. I may be able to post some pics of some Gridless Heroscape as Well after tomorrow.

Old March 26th, 2018, 02:34 AM
"like" happy

Hey @Hahma . I got in some rum and bones second tide in with my bro in law but didnt get frostgrave on because my other brother couldnt make it out to my place. Afterwards played a video game then I showed my bro in law my cultists box. It has 20 bodies but has 64 heads and 80 arms. Not to mention all the extra hands daggers and other bits. Heres my aha moment. Im going to greenstuff clone just the bodies and use the other heads and arms.
Thats 44 extra heads and an extra 40 arms. I could easily cast another 20 bodies and use the bits to make 20 more cultists. That leaves 24 more heads to do I dont even know what with. Probably swap out heroclix heads with.

Old March 26th, 2018, 06:44 AM
Prickly Cactus

You'll be swimming in cultists @TREX Good idea!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures