Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old April 20th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Re: Annerios' Heroscape Figure/Terrain Mods: 4/20 Cavern

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfSauron View Post
Yep, I picked up an order of the acid as well...also the tar. I was not perceptive enough to notice the "missing lip" when I ordered so I was sorely disappointed.

I found the acid works/looks best if you put it on a layer of ice tiles. Also, the tar tiles are significantly shinier than the shadow tiles.
I knew someone else could not pass those up!

I also noticed that they need something underneath them to look good. I will try them on ice tiles, as you suggest. I put them over sparkly water and it looked decent.

I really should have ordered the mud tiles. They would go nicely with the swamp terrain.

I had a bunch of black tiles already thanks to someone on this site.
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Blood View Post
I see the prepainted Reaper Purple Worm (and as I'm posting this I remembered that you win a contest for those figure). I was considering buying it but I wasn't sure how it would scale. I wouldn't use it if it overhung a DW9K base too much and the way model is it wouldn't go well with a double base.

Very innovative idea of using the clear plastic as bases! I applaud your genius customization skills! I will try this with my next obstacle terrain.
The purple worm is only around a height of 7. I have him mounted on a large single hex HS base. It would not look right on a double hex base.
D&D Miniatures makes a much larger version that was difficult to put on any HS base.

You have a good memory. That was a while back when the Reaper figures were first released, so I did not get the purple worm. I did get a great minotaur, though. Reaper has continued the line and improved the paint jobs. There are some nice figures in that line and most are perfect for dungeon crawl games.
Old April 24th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Master Custom Creator

Here are some shots of the Deathcaps on the battlefield:

I just ran a scenario where the heroes had to search for some part from a mushroom to make a healing potion. If they rolled under a certain amount they were subject to a 1 die attack roll due to released spores. It was a stealth mission, because the cave was full of lizard men. The lizard men were on randomized movement and we used detection rolls if the lizard men or heroes moved within 4 spaces of each other. Bonuses were given for being next to rocks or in shadow spaces. It was a pretty tense scenario.

The heroes won, but they did get spotted after a while and had to fight their way out of the cave. The location of the correct mushroom (from a choice of 6) was randomized and they had to try a few times to find the right one. I gave the lizard men the swimming special (which they should have had, since they are swamp dwellers) and disregarded all of the lizard king specials which did apply in this scenario. This made them more dangerous and maneuverable on this water filled map.
Old April 26th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Yep, I picked up an order of the acid as well...also the tar. I was not perceptive enough to notice the "missing lip" when I ordered so I was sorely disappointed.
I heard back from Litko and they will not be selling any more HS tiles due to "legal restrictions". What a shame, it would have been nice to have a source for those custom tiles.
Old April 26th, 2010, 07:05 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios View Post
Quote:
I heard back from Litko and they will not be selling any more HS tiles due to "legal restrictions". What a shame, it would have been nice to have a source for those custom tiles.
Someone in another thread (can't remember which) kind of called that... Glad I got mine before the lawyers got involved!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old March 25th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Master Custom Creator

Re: Annerios' Heroscape Figure/Terrain Mods: Samuel Brown

Wow, there is a lot of dust in here! I'm clearing out the cobwebs with some figure repaints.

The first one is a modded and painted 4th Regiment of Foot that I worked on for a friend to serve as Samuel Brown.

The Redcoats are similar to the 4th Mass Line, but when you start looking at the fine details there are some differences. I had to cut off some pieces and added some too.

I have a Samuel Brown I'm working on that I went "Crazy Mel" on and he is going to have a pistol and tomahawk. I'll post images when he is done.

Next up is Alucard from Hellsing. I had this old figure that looked like him and my friend needed an Alucard, so I just reworked it with a new paint job to look like the character.

Of course, Alucard is so powerful that I am not sure what army could even take him on in HS! Here he is battling "The King in Yellow" from the Mythos, who may give him a fight.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions