Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Notices

Old February 28th, 2021, 11:12 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ultimate Frisbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Oh man I forgot about this thread! Love to see it again.

I broke the holy hell out of my wrist in October playing ultimate. Mostly since quarantine I’ve been playing disc golf, though. The wrist is mostly recovered now.
I love Ultimate, though its been several years since I've gotten to play much. I played on my college's team (The Roaring Sheep !) where we participated in some regional tournaments, but mostly just played casually with each other. Layouts are so much fun, and I also love just how well the sport scales to accommodate players of different skill levels. Even if someone isn't great at throwing or catching, they can still contribute to the team in a casual game by playing defense while improving their other skills.
Old February 28th, 2021, 06:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like throwing to people who think layouts are "fun." I only think they're fun if I catch the disc (or make the d).

But I'm old, and I handle.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 1st, 2021, 02:03 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I haven't played Ultimate since the fall of 2019. It's crazy to say that. Before that I hadn't gone more than a winter without playing since I started playing competitively in 1996. I had some nagging injuries and figured I'd take the winter off to heal. Little did I know.

Very much looking forward to getting back to play this spring/summer. Lately I've mostly been playing league, although I do play on masters club teams, and I played at the grandmasters' championship in 2018. In the past I played college for 5 years, then coached into grad school and played competitive club for a half-dozen years or so after that.

To my knowledge @JohnnyFrisbee is the top ultimate player in these parts. He's played on a top open club team and in the AUDL.

Last edited by dok; March 1st, 2021 at 02:38 AM.
Old March 1st, 2021, 09:29 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ooh I met a friend of his at disc golf on Saturday! Juliet. She seemed nice. Knew him from college. If he stops in here...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games