Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:44 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker
Re: Pokescape idea (also, Introducing myself)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilsara View Post
But Shedinja may be challenging to build since it floats. It's not out of the picture, it's just tricky- unless you have a spare Silver Surfer, or something. I might also give it a "Wonder Guard" similar to its ability that'll protect it from special attacks and certain other effects (like D20 deaths).
Oh, yeah, hadn't thought of the figure aspect (I'm not really what you'd call a customs maker, just someone with a lot of ideas). Come to think of it, you've got quite a few floating Pokemon like Magnemite, Gastly, Geodude, Rayquaza, etc. They might cause issues too.

I like your idea for Wonder Guard. (of course, the most efficient way to knock out a Shedinja is to send out a Tyranitar or Abomasnow ).

One other little question. How do water types fit into this? I mean, most of them can't really walk on land (although in the games they are depicted as mysteriously floating). I really couldn't imagine a Lanturn or a Gyrados being able to move far on land, yet alone up on height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old December 3rd, 2009, 06:55 PM

Vilsara is surprisingly tart

You and your competitive battling strategies :P Honestly, just use a Sunny Day lead and knock out their Ttar first- works with my UU Sheddy Core =D=D=D=D=D But... wait, both of your options are OU... HA, I win, Shedinja is never used in OU.

Floating Pokemon will always be usable, just as long as you have a clear plastic to use them- IE SS, etc. Of course, some will never be usable (I DID consider Rayquaza at one time, but knew he'd be waaay too large- so I retried similar stats on Dragonite, and it worked well).

Water Pokemon may have to be left out, or have limited move on land... I actually tried to theory up a Lapras once, having it carry others across water... but obviously, those flippers won't let it go far on land. I scrapped the idea (though it's still in my mind), but I've never really thought about Water types in general. Good point, White Noise.

My important point will be edited in here in a little while, when I have more time.

Now, if you excuse me, I have fanfiction to write :P

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:03 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
works with my UU Sheddy Core =D=D=D=D=D But... wait, both of your options are OU... HA, I win, Shedinja is never used in OU.
Uhh... what? Come again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old December 3rd, 2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
Quote:
works with my UU Sheddy Core =D=D=D=D=D But... wait, both of your options are OU... HA, I win, Shedinja is never used in OU.
Uhh... what? Come again?
If you aren't familiar with common competitive battling terminology (which it seems like you are), the phrase could also be written as...

Knocking out Tyranitar first works on a Shedinja team I constructed... but wait.

Tyranitar and Abomasnow are both restricted to higher tiers of power. Shedinja is never used in those tiers because of those Pokemon. So ha, against most smart people, that strategy would not only not work, but be banned. I win *cocky dance*

Back on topic, though, I also thought of the move Stealth Rock. I really want to see that used as a Profita-pit trap style glyph where stepping on it triggers damage. I'll probably do that sometime. Any ideas on how it could operate?

Funny, I haven't actually posted in the main forum for a while. Shame; I really need to get back into 'Scape.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:09 PM

Commanderlewis Woo who?

wow, that is a great idea, WN! The bonding thing works out perfectly! It gives the same feel, but makes it easy to accept (so we dont have any Invincible figures)

and I think that a 10 Def 1 life Sedinja would be perfect, as for the floating....
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...&mHeight=627px

would this work?

Beware... The Kitt'eh is watching...
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:20 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Sorry, this was too long for a PM...

Cool, I've used serebii a bit for this, too.

I'm sure we could slap the level somewhere on the card, preferable without any new gameplay implications, though. I've just been using any power from any level, but we can easily decide on levels before powers, or just choose a level based on whichever powers we picked.

Here's the list of stats:

Spoiler Alert!

And their HS conversions (everything starts with 1 Range, but we can modify that if need be, case-by-case):

Spoiler Alert!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM

Commanderlewis Woo who?

EBBEH! you sir, just blew out a few of my braincells @_@
but I'm lovin that list! Lets just stick with the first 150 for now, then we can work on the next batch, and so on till we have 493.

As for powers, here is my idea. We give each pokemon 3 powers, and as pokemon can learn 4, the 4th is the regular attack stat, on Charmander for example, he would have 2-3 attack, and 1 range, this is Scratch, then he has, say Ember, Growl and Smokescreen (I was just playing as Charmander in my Pokemon Diamond, and right before he evolved these where his moves, so maybe I'm a bit biased) I think this would make it feel more Pokemon'ish. While not making it too hard to create. What do you think?

Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

That's a good idea in theory, but I see a couple problems:
1) Lots of Pokemon will need to have Flying (or Swimming or something for the aquatic types), which isn't a Pokemon power but an HS one. That means one less Pokemon power, though I guess it would still count as part of the 3 if you wanted it to.
2) HS powers can get wordy, so I don't think we'll have room for 3 powers on every card. Unless we greatly simplify some of them, but I'd rather keep them as close to the original Pokemon powers as we can before worrying about having exactly 3 powers on every card.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:35 PM

Commanderlewis Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
That's a good idea in theory, but I see a couple problems:
1) Lots of Pokemon will need to have Flying (or Swimming or something for the aquatic types), which isn't a Pokemon power but an HS one. That means one less Pokemon power, though I guess it would still count as part of the 3 if you wanted it to.
2) HS powers can get wordy, so I don't think we'll have room for 3 powers on every card. Unless we greatly simplify some of them, but I'd rather keep them as close to the original Pokemon powers as we can before worrying about having exactly 3 powers on every card.
I see your point, but Fly IS a Pokemon move, and we could also use the Pokemon's special ability, like Levitate for example. I dident mean we should put 3 powers on every card, just if we have room, it would be cool to do.

Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM

Well I know Fly is, but it's an attack rather than a movement power like HS's Flying.

I think we should pick a few Pokemon (from the original 150) to start with, come up with powers, see what we can fit on their cards, then use that to decide how we'll tackle the rest.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:41 PM

Commanderlewis Woo who?

Sounds good, and I dont mind giving the flying pokemon Flying, I was just saying that we could combine Flying and the Pokemon move Fly, to create "Fly".

Old December 3rd, 2009, 08:46 PM

Note to all. If this turns into a full blown project, I want in.

As for the actual powers of the Pokemon... (and this is where my super-important point comes in...)

I'm sort of afraid to just stick on three special attacks on a Pokemon and call it a day. My biggest quibble with all sorts of Pokemon-Heroscape hybrids is that it'd feel too Pokemon-ish while not being Heroscapey enough.

The biggest question is: do we want/need all 493 Pokemon to use? Surely, we'll have a huge number if this thing takes off, but if you customize enough Pokemon, you'll start to see large similarities between a lot of them.

The similarity, of course, comes mostly in these "three special attacks" you plan to use. While there's a large enough variety in the Pokemon movepool, a lot of Pokemon can carry similar moves (for example, Lucario can overlap a lot of Pokemon with the likes of Close Combat, Extremespeed... all "competitively" used moves except Aura Sphere). And, of course, the effects of these special powers are likely to eventually create units that are very similar in their operation.

My idea is that... instead of Pokemon having three moves taken from the game, why not implement a mix of Special Attacks and features of the creatures themselves?

It'd probably hit a good equilibrium of Heroscape-Pokemon, for one. In my mind, three Special Attacks is a ridiculous number if you plan on using these figures in actual games. Also, it gives Pokemon with notable features more interesting powers.

(I may be throwing too many of my personal ideas into this...)

For example, take Kecleon (my all-time favorite lil' monster ). While he can carry the likes of Shadow Claw, Focus Punch, Lick, why make them all special attacks? I've set up my version of Kecleon with three special powers: "Resist Capture" (A nod to Kecleon's stealthlike qualites), where he can't have order markers removed, "Tongue Lash Special Attack" (referring to his chameleon tongue), an attack where wounds cause the loss of order markers, and "Vanish 14," which we all know.

These three powers are mostly taken from Kecleon's biological makeup. Granted, this particular unit has no actual Pokemon moves, but it's still quite Pokemon-like, while having powers that fit directly into Heroscape.

So, in short, I'm advocating for making these customs as Heroscape-esque as possible, so we can create a game that doesn't feel too "out there" for Heroscape.

Now, go ahead and bash my ideas (hides in a corner)

- Vilsara, the stubborn newbie

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards