Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old May 6th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Anyone else testing Windows 7?

For once M$ has apparently listened to pretty much every complaint about Vista and actually fixed them. Faster, just as pretty, far more functional, and uses LESS resources than the previous OS? M$ has done something that they have never done before, made a new OS that is superior to their previous one in every way.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:37 AM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Re: Anyone else testing Windows 7?

One of the other guys in our IT Dept is testing Windows 7 running XP in a virtual PC on the desktop.

Old May 6th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The short lifespan of vista pretty much acknowledges that it was a sub par product. I haven't moved on from XP, and probably won't for Windows 7 until I get a new computer that comes with it.
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Vista is nowhere as bad as people act, but it is a memory hog and severely suffers from bloat. I run my comp 24/7 and it never crashes on me at all though. Only time I ever reboot is a new driver or something similar.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:58 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yeah, people make Vista seem like Satan or something. It's really not as bad as they say.

Stupid question time: Is Windows 7 something you have to buy on its own, or does in come in Windows update?
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:07 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yea, I have Vista Ultimate 64x and it's ridiculously fast. My current PC is a build I finished last July and it has never crashed. Lots of people trash it without actually trying it. Same way they do with movies and games.
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Yeah, people make Vista seem like Satan or something. It's really not as bad as they say.

Stupid question time: Is Windows 7 something you have to buy on its own, or does in come in Windows update?
It is a complete update (Vista = Windows 95 to Windows 7 = Windows 9.

It's essentially a fully tuned, lean version of Vista.

Old May 6th, 2009, 12:44 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:

Windows 95 was actually better and more stable then windows 98... at least my copy of 95 was...
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Windows 95 was actually better and more stable then windows 98... at least my copy of 95 was...
It must have been an old hardware thing because Windows 98 SE was the gold standard until XP came along. Windows 7 will finally successfully replace that.

Old May 6th, 2009, 12:52 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It must have been an old hardware thing because Windows 98 SE was the gold standard until XP came along. Windows 7 will finally successfully replace that.
I used Windows 95 OSR2... never crashed, never had to reformat for at least 6 years lol. I think that PC would still work if I ever bothered to plug it in...

At least it wasnt Windows ME (Major Errors)
I currently use Windows XP (Xtra Profits)
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Dr Feelgood

XP was a real upgrade, not a money grab (re: Vista and ME).

Windows 7 feels pretty much the same way, easily matching or surpassing Windows XP in every case on any recent machine. Nice and snappy, but with all the new bells and whistles.

Old May 6th, 2009, 02:11 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Hmmm...I bought this computer with Vista on it in September, and my only complaint is that I can't get Diablo 2 to run on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General