Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old July 21st, 2007, 10:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Three person map/scenario

Here's a map that I put together from three other maps that I had set up. I merged them more or less intact and created a scenario for my brother-in-law, nephew and myself to play on. Some of you might recognize a section of the map as Karhrma's Cerulean Pools, I loved that map and had to incorporate it.

We play general specific armies to be determined by the die roll 1-4 Jandar, 5-8 Einar, 9-12 Ullar, 13-16 Vydar and 17-20 Utgar. We draft 750 point armies and have to have the flagbearer, but he doesn't count toward points.

There are 11 glyphs at various locations (as fair to all starting points as possible and some smack dab in the middle). Of the 11 glyphs, 5 are brandar, 2 are summoning, 1 is revive and the final three are to be chosen by the players (each player gets to choose a glyph to add). The glyphs are mixed up face down and each player takes turns placing on on their spot until all are gone. The pictures show the glyphs facing up, but those are dummy glyphs used to mark the locations of the real ones that we will put down.

The object of the game is for an army to bring three glyphs of brandar to the 7 space rock terrain behind their starting area. They can be taken by another player's figure from this location.

A squad can only carry one glyph of brandar between them and a flyer can carry one while flying.

The fun part is not knowing which ones are which and how you manage your army against the other two while keeping to the objective.

Here are the pix of the maps before we started playing last night.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:28 AM

XSI Addict 32 has disabled reputation
Bravo! Bravo! I really like what you did with rock terrain. You have inspired me to do something similar.

Seeking a great place to Role Play?
Look no further, the haven for great RP is here:
The Menagerie
Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:48 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wow, I don't think I have a table that big. Just a question, were the starting zones fair? It seems from the first two pictures the Nilfheim and Charos teams were much closer, but I guess from above they look fairly even destanced.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 09:53 AM

monkeyfish has disabled reputation

Captain Qwark for President 08'
Old July 22nd, 2007, 10:28 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Wow, I don't think I have a table that big. Just a question, were the starting zones fair? It seems from the first two pictures the Nilfheim and Charos teams were much closer, but I guess from above they look fairly even destanced.
I had to put two tables together side by side to make it happen

I didn't make the distances from starting point to starting point exactly the same. I forgot to add in my first post that we randomly roll for starting positions prior to drafting our army, that way we can draft accordingly relative to our starting positions and the general we serve.

Each starting position has advantages and disadvantages. The starting points in which the Jandar and Vydar armies occupy in this particular game have more glyphs and their proximity to one another force them to have confrontations. There aren't too many easy glyph landings here without dealing with one another. The postion that Ullar starts from has a couple easy glyphs to land on and is situated so that they can sit back a while and allow the other armies to duke it out, but eventually they have to delve into the fray and get dirty. They have easy access to height, but have to travel a good ways to get to glyphs and return with them.

The randomness of the starting points, armies and glyphs make it interesting to us and forces us to sometimes come up with different armies than we are used to and get away from the old favorites and learn new strategies. I also included the summoning glyphs to allow for some interesting in-game fun.

Old July 22nd, 2007, 10:42 AM
Harbinger of Aquilla

teekay has disabled reputation
Wow! That is a lot of ground to cover, so I'm not surprised to see that many fliers. I like idea of the scenario. Looks like a fun map.
Old July 22nd, 2007, 11:17 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekay
Wow! That is a lot of ground to cover, so I'm not surprised to see that many fliers. I like idea of the scenario. Looks like a fun map.
Thanks teekay. The poor player that is stuck with Vydar doesn't have many fliers to choose from, but they get to make it up with lots of range.

The allowance for each of us to pick one glyph to the standard 8 gave Vydar general (my nephew) the right to pick the Wind glyph to thwart our fliers. Fortunately for us, me especially with Jandar army, that glyph was the only one that had never been turned over.

After the last game we played on that map a few weeks ago, we pre-rolled for positions, generals and chose our forces so that when we next played, we'd save a lot of time. So this game the other night only took three and a half hours to complete. I won thanks to my AE finally dropping in the 5th round and taking out Syvarris and Theracus. While Vydar and Ullar were tangled in battle, Nilfheim flew out to steal my third glyph of brandar from Ullar's drop zone and he brought it back home (thanks mostly in part to one of my AE sitting on the move plus 2 glyph that I had chosen for my choice of glyphs. After killng Syvarris, the AE jumped on the glyph that he was sitting on and that was that. Particularly helped my knights and sentinnels.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios