Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old March 15th, 2011, 08:27 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Re: Resident Evil Deck Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Do you use custom starting decks?
If we're not playing a scenario setup from the rulebook, we typically randomize what is going to be used... Though I can see how building a custom starting deck would add a different kind of flavor instead of randomization. I guess part of why I randomize in RE, Dominion, and Thunderstone is the element of not knowing what you're getting. Sometimes the combinations can be pretty wild.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old October 1st, 2011, 12:06 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My gaming group finally got around to playing this; it's been shelved while we were trying out the BSG game and dusting off old favorites (Guillotine, HeroQuest).

Our first game, enhanced with bitter potables, was full of mistakes, but that's what a first run is for, right?

So, in story mode the team was Chris, Leon, Barry and ...Wesker. The player controlling Wesker was the one with the right strategy from the beginning. While the rest of us were accumulating weapons, he was the one picking up cards to increase his buying/actions. About thirty minutes in, Wesker was the only one left and he had just one more "restart" before his max health was reduced to zero.

Considering that Wesker had like eight more decorations than anyone else, we called it and decided to chalk this one up as a learning experience. We made tons of little mistakes.

We didn't realize that grenades get trashed after use. We didn't realize that exploration was optional. Oh, and my favorite - we kept putting the boss back on the bottom of the Mansion deck instead of shuffling him in like the card says! Duh!

All-in-all, it was a fun experience, and we'll be trying out mercenary mode tonight.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 12th, 2011, 07:56 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
My gaming group finally got around to playing this; it's been shelved while we were trying out the BSG game and dusting off old favorites (Guillotine, HeroQuest).

Our first game, enhanced with bitter potables, was full of mistakes, but that's what a first run is for, right?

So, in story mode the team was Chris, Leon, Barry and ...Wesker. The player controlling Wesker was the one with the right strategy from the beginning. While the rest of us were accumulating weapons, he was the one picking up cards to increase his buying/actions. About thirty minutes in, Wesker was the only one left and he had just one more "restart" before his max health was reduced to zero.

Considering that Wesker had like eight more decorations than anyone else, we called it and decided to chalk this one up as a learning experience. We made tons of little mistakes.

We didn't realize that grenades get trashed after use. We didn't realize that exploration was optional. Oh, and my favorite - we kept putting the boss back on the bottom of the Mansion deck instead of shuffling him in like the card says! Duh!

All-in-all, it was a fun experience, and we'll be trying out mercenary mode tonight.
Also, don't forget that when someone uses a grenade, the players or rather their characters adjacent to him will receive damage as well.

Don't feel bad about the numerous mistakes, the rulebook is absolute garbage in my opinion. It's poorly written and the placement of rules often seem to be out of order.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games