Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Old December 21st, 2010, 03:55 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Resident Evil Deck Builder

Hey, Just picked up this game:

Was curious if anyone else has played it? We are going to play tonight, so I can give a review after playing.

I kinda like the concept. It is a card game that isn't collectible. You get the 250 cards that come with the game and you build your deck as you play the game, buying more cards to put into your deck.

Hopefully it will be worth some good zombie killing fun!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:11 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Re: Resident Evil Deck Builder

I actually picked this up as well, but have not had the time to try it out. Too bad you didn't pre-order your copy because it came with two extra exclusive cards.

Let me know what you think of the game as I find that I may not be able to play it soon.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old December 27th, 2010, 01:53 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really want to try this one.
Old December 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Unfortunately, we didn't get to play the other night. Gonna try tonight I think... I have played through a little on single player and the game feels very good.

It is similar to Munchkin where you have to build up your character with equipment and then you can go explore and flip over a zombie. If your stats are high enough to beat that zombie, you win.

Another neat thing about it is each player starts off with a 10 card deck. You then use resources to buy cards from a resource pool and add them to your deck. Then, as you draw new cards, you have access to more powerful weapons, ammo and actions. There are also ways to thin out your deck so you can get rid of the chaff from the beginning of the game.

Hopefully, after tonight I can give a better multiplayer review, but as of now, the game seems promising.

(The fact there is a single player way to play the game is very cool in my opinion)

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 27th, 2010, 04:39 PM

nbxfan has disabled reputation

We played story mode last night. Its play is similar to Thuderstone but, IMO is better streamlined and turned out a bit more fun. Will still play Thunderstone as the expansions have made it a better game but...

What I like about RE:

Each character can level up and give you knew abilities so you can play to your strengths.

There is one powerful weapon of each type that comes up and gives special perks.

The mansion itself is hidden so you don't know what you will be fighting. It could be a simple minded zombie, a bonus herb, or someone much much stronger.

Gernades, Health Plants, and the card that allows you to thin your deck are one shots and then go back into circulation forcing you to rebuy if you want to use again thereby wasting a buy option.

You can actually die and be out of the game, eventually.

Things I didn't care for:

To much time having to upgrade and build your deck, as well as thin it out.

No penalty for not exploring though you do obviously need to keep pace scoringwise.

Overall, I really enjoyed playing it. I also got the three exclusive foil cards. If anyone is interested in knowing, the foil Wesker is exactly the same as the character in the box and the Foil Jill and Chris are actually different.

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old December 28th, 2010, 08:56 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

I finally got to try out this game yesterday. I have just a few things to gripe about in regard to the game itself beyond the gameplay. Firstly, I find that the cards are quite flimsy. In just playing one game, my cards are starting to already curl.

Second, the card tray is poorly organized. Some action cards get their own slot, and other different action cards are combined into a slot, which doesn't make sense. Also the tray has 31 slots and for some odd reason, slot 21 is skipped. I assume this is a mistake on their part.

Third, Bandai pulled a WotC, and gave extra cards, but short-handed on others. I've emailed the support in hopes of get my missing cards. I have also read on their forums that this has occurred with other people. So check your cards...

Fourth, the manual is an atrocity. Not only does it have printing errors and typos, but it does an awful job at explaining the game. At the end of reading the manual, I grasped the concept, but had so many questions right after. I had to watch a tutorial to fully understand how to play a turn.

Lastly, I find that the game could have had a little more effort put into making it. If the game had thicker cards, a slot organizer like Dominion, counters, a better explained, printed, and proof-read manual, I would have gladly paid a little extra for it.

As for the gameplay, my girlfriend and I enjoyed the game. I like how the mansion is a mystery since the cards are faced-down. It adds some level of tension, but it also is quite easy to ignore if you lack the fire power. The deck building aspect is cool, however I feel it can take too long to build a deck, and it's easy for your deck to get clogged up. Good thing for the shattered memories action card. Since I have not tried Thunderstone (its in the mail as we speak), or Munchkins, the closest I can compare this to is Dominion, in terms of slight similarities in mechanics.

While this is a fun game and would see myself playing it again, I find that it could have spent just a tad more time in the oven, with a little bit more quality assurance.

www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old December 28th, 2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Firstly, I find that the cards are quite flimsy. In just playing one game, my cards are starting to already curl.

Third, Bandai pulled a WotC, and gave extra cards, but short-handed on others. I've emailed the support in hopes of get my missing cards. I have also read on their forums that this has occurred with other people. So check your cards...
My cards were curling too but right after being opened and placed in the tray. Hoping sleeving will help some.

Do you know what cards are possibly missing or how you find out how many of each there are supposed to be?

Oh...and your review mentioned alot more of the bad with the tray (which is horrible) and did a good job. I agree with pretty much everything. Having played Dominion and Thunderstone I got the rules but, it wasn't until we sat down and played that it actually made sense.

We're on the right trail. Flies and the undead go together like bullets and guns.
Old December 28th, 2010, 01:41 PM

I put all of my cards in sleeves and through the single player playing I have done (played through all the characters) I havn't noticed any card curling.

Also, in regard to the tray, the tray has been removed from the box and thrown somewhere. It is worthless (especially once you sleeve your cards.)

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbxfan View Post
My cards were curling too but right after being opened and placed in the tray. Hoping sleeving will help some.

Do you know what cards are possibly missing or how you find out how many of each there are supposed to be?

Oh...and your review mentioned alot more of the bad with the tray (which is horrible) and did a good job. I agree with pretty much everything. Having played Dominion and Thunderstone I got the rules but, it wasn't until we sat down and played that it actually made sense.
I was thinking the same thing in regard to the putting the cards in sleeves to stop the curling. I may do as vampire did and sleeve mine, tossing the tray out all together.

As for tracking missing cards, look at the back of your manual. It will tell you how many of each card you should have. That is how I checked and noticed the extras and MIA's. I had an extra Bui Kichwa, and was missing a Licker.

I've played Dominion numerous times so I understood the RE game's concept, but I got confused with a lot of elements. The tutorial online helped a lot though. I'm sure the print errors didn't help either when trying to read a manual and sentences are written over each other.

Old December 31st, 2010, 01:59 PM

I have a question regarding the final boss character Uroboros Aheri... It states that if the card is not defeated, he is shuffled back into the mansion. What is everyone's interpretation of this? We just take the card and just randomly place it into the mansion deck. Should we be re-shuffling the entire deck with Uroboros Aheri?

Old December 31st, 2010, 02:26 PM

Finally played last night and it was alot of fun. We really enjoyed "kicking in the door" and looking for trouble. I ended up randomly drawing the knife, Krause I believe. Well, lets just say, the first infect I reveled was Nemisis T and was slapped around. For the rest of the game, I got picked on for bringing a knife to a gun fight.

To answer your question, once you defeat an infected, it gets attatched your character. So, when the boss gets shuffled back in, thats just to say, you shuffle the boss back into what is left of the mansion. (Instead of going to the bottom of the mansion like other non defeated infected.)

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old December 31st, 2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
I have a question regarding the final boss character Uroboros Aheri... It states that if the card is not defeated, he is shuffled back into the mansion. What is everyone's interpretation of this? We just take the card and just randomly place it into the mansion deck. Should we be re-shuffling the entire deck with Uroboros Aheri?
We interpreted it as, if defeated by any other monster, it goes to the bottom of the deck. If the Uroboros Aheri isn't defeated, we actually reshuffled all the cards that were still in the mansion. (Those not attached to a player)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games