Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old September 15th, 2010, 07:20 PM

Darkon Valor is surprisingly tart
New Card Designs - Square

Hi all,

I'm new to the boards here, but I've been into Heroscape since it came out a few years back (I bought it for x-mas for my kids). I currently have only the RotV and BftU mastersets, plus the Castle expansion, but I'm steadily collecting!

Anyway, after seeing a couple of card re-designs, I decided to give it my own shot. I'm a freelance media designer, so I thought I'd take this on as a personal project, which I'll eventually add to my website for demonstration purposes and public download.

For now, I've only done the D&D set, since that's what I'm playing most at the moment. I'll eventually add the RotV set and probably the others too.

The cards are in 300 DPI resolution.

Enjoy!

~DV

Last edited by Darkon Valor; September 20th, 2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Updated - 09-20-2010
Old September 15th, 2010, 09:33 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New Card Designs - Square

Welcome! I extend you a laurel and a hearty handshake in Aldin's name! (Am I allowed to do that? I found him first.) These are pretty cool. Lots of people have made playing card size HS cards, but these are the nicest I've seen. Good job!
Old September 15th, 2010, 09:39 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Nice. Good work and welcome to the site. I think yours are closer to Magic cards style and a little cleaner looking than Raudulfr Shieldcrusher's or grithog's and no offense to them but I like your cards more. BTW if you haven't already, I suggest as a new member to read the introductory threads and anything else that interests you in the scaper index listed in my signature.

Yours:

Shieldcrusher's:

grithog's:
Old September 15th, 2010, 11:21 PM

Hey, thanks for the kind comments so far!

I've seen the other two styles on here before and I think they're both very good designs. Personally, I wanted something more reminiscant of the original cards. The similarity to Magic cards is somewhat intentional, since I've always liked those designs.

Overall, I think that all three designs are diverse enough for individuals to choose what suits them best.

I'm already working on the RotV set and some custom cards using D&D miniatures. I saw some threads offering stats for many of the minis I have, so I'll definately go with those.

Also, if anyone wants a custom card made, I'll be more than happy to either provide the Photoshop file or make it for them. I will just need a clean image of the mini and the stats

~DV
Old September 18th, 2010, 08:05 PM

I've now updated all cards, cleaned up the images and made some minor revisions and changes to the designs. Mostly subtle. If you still see the old designs, refresh the page or clear cookies/browsing history <--- that never hurts btw

I've been working on preparing images for the RotV set and now that I have templates, they should be available soon.

Eventually, I'll do the other master sets and expansions too.

~DV
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:29 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nice work!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions