Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old September 25th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: How do ya'll store your stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Here is my BftU brick based entirely on Xorlof's plans.
Huh? I haven't documented mine anywhere yet. Did you break into my house and have a look at my bricks?

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old September 25th, 2016, 03:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Here is my BftU brick based entirely on Xorlof's plans as interpreted by me through his excellent communication skills.
Huh? I haven't documented mine anywhere yet. Did you break into my house and have a look at my bricks?
Edited for clarity...

Also if I did break in I'd have a hard time not leaving with a box...besides you'd never know it was missing.

My goal is to have two of each of big sets which by my calculations would fit in a single box with a little room to spare.

For the smaller sets I'm only a few tiles away and the ice from completing a Snow set. and I've custom painted a few spare water tiles for Lava and I have been using Asphalt as my Lava Field and I use FotA tiles as road tiles with my homemade trees. I think one of each of the smaller sets and 2 of each of the Four Master sets would be perfect for me. I've almost accomplished the 2 RotV sets and Five 7-Hex tiles from completing my first SotM and BftU sets.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 26th, 2016, 10:50 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I use plano boxes:

And labels that I made/share here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=53104
Old September 26th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Also if I did break in I'd have a hard time not leaving with a box...besides you'd never know it was missing.
Did I forget to mention that you can easily install a tracking tag between the two cardboard layers of the BBs when you fold the cardboard to make the box? (j/k...it's probably true, but I dont' do that.)

I took a couple more pictures this morning. Eventually I will get around to giving you a tour of all of the types of boxes. Here's a box (over-)stuffed with 5 castle sets:

Turning the box 180 degrees and removing the baggies and two of the 5 bricks let's you see what's going on in this box:

In a previous post, I mentioned that I used to do 24-hex-footprint bricks (instead of 48-hex), but switched to 48-hex so I could have higher density SotM and BftU bricks. Well, as you can see, for castle sets I still do 24-hex bricks so that they have higher density. I may someday try to create a new castle brick with a 48-hex-footprint that stores the baggie with the extras (battlements, flags, ladders) inside of the 48 hex brick. If I do that, it will decrease the capacity of the box to only fitting 3 castle sets, but at least the box won't be so stuffed! (...or maybe a sideways "marvel style" brick would be better? I never tried that either.)

One last picture showing how NIB large expansions fit inside of BBs:

It leaves extra space along the side (and a bit on the end), plus it sticks out the top by 1/3 of an inch or so, but the lid covers this fine. So it's not perfect, but it works well enough, and I do store actually store these sets like this (i.e., I didn't just set it up that way for a picture). It gives them a bit of protection while they waiting to be prized out.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; September 26th, 2016 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Making the castle bricks is a bit of a pain. I don't have the pattern memorized. It's hard to get walls to follow that shape.
Old September 26th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Super Smurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
I use plano boxes [...] And labels that I made/share here
Nice and tidy. I like!

Old September 26th, 2016, 02:41 PM

fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker fastbilly1 knows what's in an order marker

For my most used terrain I use several sterilite 28 Quart Storage Boxs. Divided into types and sizes, outfitted with felt sliders on the bottom and slide them under the couch in my Living Room/Library. This is enough terrain to fill half of my kitchen table at a decent height, but I only own five or six master sets and a couple castles. The rest of the terrain is stored in a closet in bankers boxes. Custom terrain: fences/hedgerows, large rocks, trees, alien plants, doomsday devices, foam risers, etc, are stored in another set of smaller sterilites.

Figures are in tackleboxs by army color. Eventually the humanoids will all move to bead boxes with dividers cut out for peanut based, while the big guys will have a more appropriate box for them.

Original Paperwork is stored in a box in the closet. I mostly use Raudulfr Shieldcrusher's Trading Card Sized Cards. I have one per fieldable unit.

AOTP is stored in a single tacklebox that can hold all the figures for two bases sets and two of the first expansion, and all of the cards/tableaus.
Old September 27th, 2016, 11:08 AM

SE-Mark Woo who?

I've been struggling with storage lately too.
I have all my cards and rulebooks in a really big old CD binder. The cards fit in the CD sleeves, and the rulebooks fit into sheet protectors at the back. I love this binder and couldn't imagine not having it... it's a big one like this: https://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-EN...ogic+cd+binder

I have all of my regular terrain (sand / grass / rock) in a giant rubbermaid.

All my special terrain (water / swamp / trees / lava) in a second bin

I have a bin for snow and ice.

I have a bin for castle walls and a bin for castle bits.

I have 2 bins of figures. They are in big ziploc bags by wave. Wave 1 has a bag, wave 2 has a bag, etc.

My goal is to be space efficient. In the end, though, I just have a lot of bins and I'm not in love with the storage technique. I think I want to go to plastic drawer units for terrain for sure. I'll probably leave 24-hex in a bin though.

For figures I want to do something different. I'm thinking of using cardboard boxes and making internal dividers. Still debating between sorting by waves or sorting by faction. I don't want to be boxing air, though.

With those storage bricks you all make, don't you get annoyed with the time to clean up, or is it not such a big deal? Also, do you not have to re-sort if you combine say 2 ROTV with 1 SOTM? Or do you just know the layouts / quantities that well?
Old September 27th, 2016, 03:15 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE-Mark View Post
With those storage bricks you all make, don't you get annoyed with the time to clean up, or is it not such a big deal? Also, do you not have to re-sort if you combine say 2 ROTV with 1 SOTM? Or do you just know the layouts / quantities that well?
I actually find myself getting annoyed with the time to set up actually. Clean up typically comes after the fun so everyone's in a good mood. Set up however is before the game and everyone is anxious to play.

It kind of depends on how you have everything set up. I had debated reworking my binder to replace sets with a breakdown of terrain by type/size...Four 7-Hex grass for instance. I may ultimately go back to that but I'm giving this a try for now since all the maps in my binder are listed with sets requirements.

By the way My binder The last spoiler shows my index for maps. I created a playing card size paper image with logo for all the maps with build instructions in my binder.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old September 28th, 2016, 01:39 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

My terrain collection is in a tote drawer system, I have a drawers with:
All 7 hex and larger are in stacks on shelves with all my custom terrain.
-Ice, water, snow, glaciers
-2 totes with Jungle trees, evergreen trees
-5 totes with castle walls and wall bottoms
-road and castle tiles
-smaller drawer with ladders and battlements, also has door pieces in it
-3 or 4 totes with nothing but 1,2,3 hex sand, grass, and stone.
-swamp tiles and jungle tiles not including 7 hex and up
-lava and dungeon tiles, also have my ruins in there

All my figures are in wall display shelves I have built in my man cave along with card holders next to them. I like how I have my figures, because you can just pull them down for the game, and place them back afterwards. Most of my Heroscape games are held at my house because my collection is pretty sizable compared to any of the other players I play with. Maybe I'll post some pics later.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 7th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

All of my heroscape has been stored in cardboard boxes without lids(mostly just terrain), or haphazardly in plastic bins(all of the figures). It wasn't kept in the best positions, and many tiny swords are bent.(rip Templar Cavalry) That's just how the young teenage me decided to do it. My brother, who's Heroscape I bought last January, kept all of his stuff in the original boxes it came in, unless it was a booster expansion, and all of the figures were kept in small ziplock baggies inside the master set boxes, with all the terrain. Again, many tiny bent swords.

Last week, I finally got tired of this, and went to The Container Store(Yes that is the name of the store), and bought a lot of plastic bins that I felt were a good size, and sorted all of the terrain into them. I got smaller bins for the figures, which are about 7cm deep for all the figures. I'm still sorting all the figures, because I haven't taken the time to get through all of them yet. I might take more pictures later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20161007_001.jpg (408.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20161007_002.jpg (452.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20161007_003.jpg (403.0 KB, 4 views)
Old October 7th, 2016, 05:56 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
All of my heroscape has been stored in cardboard boxes without lids(mostly just terrain), or haphazardly in plastic bins(all of the figures). It wasn't kept in the best positions, and many tiny swords are bent.(rip Templar Cavalry) That's just how the young teenage me decided to do it. My brother, who's Heroscape I bought last January, kept all of his stuff in the original boxes it came in, unless it was a booster expansion, and all of the figures were kept in small ziplock baggies inside the master set boxes, with all the terrain. Again, many tiny bent swords.

Last week, I finally got tired of this, and went to The Container Store(Yes that is the name of the store), and bought a lot of plastic bins that I felt were a good size, and sorted all of the terrain into them. I got smaller bins for the figures, which are about 7cm deep for all the figures. I'm still sorting all the figures, because I haven't taken the time to get through all of them yet. I might take more pictures later.
Wow looks like quite the collection there. once you decide how to sort the figures let us know.

Old October 8th, 2016, 03:44 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Its not so impressive as you might think. I have 2 RotV, 2 SotM, 2 BfU, 2 castles, 4 road sets, 3 jungle sets, 2 tundra sets, 2 lava sets, 1 of each large expansion containing larger unique heros, and 1 set of various small expansions. I don't have multiples of the vast majority of sets containing commons. I'm slowly making sure I get 1 of each card ever officially released. I even have an original Agent Skahen, and a Master Woo, with cards. I also have around 1500 hexes of random terrain I bought from a guy on ebay. When I'm done, I plan to have at least 4 of every common/uncommon,(16x for Zombies, and 8x for various others that seem useful in stupidly large groups) and probably 2 of every unique(except Woo and Skahen, because money) because my roommates like to 1v1 games where we have the exact same armies. Currently we can only do that with uniques from master sets though.

Last edited by Leaf_It; October 8th, 2016 at 03:50 AM. Reason: forgot a few things

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion