Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old January 8th, 2015, 09:20 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!
Quick Apology

Hey, I received a PM recently that had some good advice in it, so I just wanted to apologize to everyone for pilfering the Classification scale used in my first article without permission. I did not realize I would be stepping on so many toes.

~Owlman, hoping this will smooth things over a little, and who hopes posters will approach his articles in the future with an opened mind.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old January 8th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Quick Apology

Classy move, Owlman, and I'm sure it will be much appreciated.

~Aldin, giving a

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 8th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

There is a certain 'code of honor' about this site. It can seem not needed and strange when some defend it but you what you realize(as I once did), it is the essence of Heroscapers. It is the reason why this site is what it is.
A place where Heroscape lives, though proclaimed to be dead. Custom projects by groups and individuals rivaling the original material and taking it in all new directions, not only in designs, but themes and rules and fantastic terrain.
Beyond that it is a place for writers to challenge each other in their skill or just post their Fan-Fics for all to read. A place to discuss all matters of daily life including sports, religion, video games, global warming, the list goes on and on.
The awesome part is that it is all done in a civil manner. You can actually discuss football without a bunch of mega-fans spewing garbage. Religion is discussed with an open mind. I doubt another site like this exists and if it does everyone there should be thankful for what they have.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 8th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

No worries, bud. You're here now, you're one of us. Your account is old but you are new to me, as far as I can recall. Welcome aboard.

Here are a couple old posts of mine that used to be linked in my sig for newer users. Maybe I should put them back in.

Posting for Young Persons; Rep.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 9th, 2015, 09:55 AM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks all for the feedback.

"Our mother has been absent ever since we founded Rome; but there's gonna be a party when the wolf comes home."
Old February 3rd, 2015, 11:13 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation

You know, this is just another example of how fragile and butt-hurt people get around here over things that really are insignificant. Here's a guy that wrote an article for the entertainment and use of members here, and yet gets tagged with neg rep because he used some source material (gasp!). What's next, royalty fees? Bibliographical references?

No apology required, Owlman. Those with hurt butts should just relax. It's a game, people...a game. Be lucky that there's still people out there who care enough to spend their time trying to contribute in the first place.
Old February 4th, 2015, 06:24 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post
You know, this is just another example of how fragile and butt-hurt people get around here over things that really are insignificant. Here's a guy that wrote an article for the entertainment and use of members here, and yet gets tagged with neg rep because he used some source material (gasp!). What's next, royalty fees? Bibliographical references?

No apology required, Owlman. Those with hurt butts should just relax. It's a game, people...a game. Be lucky that there's still people out there who care enough to spend their time trying to contribute in the first place.
It's not so much that he used said specific source material, its that he refused to see his error and listen to the community as a whole and would often insult members trying to help. At the very least, however, it seems as though he attempted to contribute something to the fourms, which I do not believe your toxic post does. Please, if you are fed up with the nicest community on the internet, you can leave. No one is stopping you.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old February 4th, 2015, 06:53 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post

It's not so much that he used said specific source material, its that he refused to see his error and listen to the community as a whole and would often insult members trying to help. At the very least, however, it seems as though he attempted to contribute something to the fourms, which I do not believe your toxic post does. Please, if you are fed up with the nicest community on the internet, you can leave. No one is stopping you.
I'll second that and add that it never hurts to apologize. The hardest thing I had to learn when I was first married is that it was better to apologize and figure out why later, or possibly never, than to let something I most likely said, or that was misinterpreted, fester. Kudos @Owlman for figuring this life lesson out.
Old February 4th, 2015, 10:29 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Owlman , just keep in mind, this apology aside, keep having fun with scape and keep up with contributing to the site. A lot of people don't contribute a thing. Putting in an effort to make something you like to do is much better than people that do nothing. I just watched everything else on here for years then finally started posting my stuff, and its just that much more fun. I can respect that you want to make nice with everyone.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 4th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

*yawn* This thread can go back to sleep now.

/sheesh

= =
Old February 5th, 2015, 12:09 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

Well insults are something else all together. The brief few posts I read weren't insulting IMO. And if you think this is the nicest forum on the interwebz, well...you may have a point, to some degree. It's mellowed out since the discontinuation of the official line.

But this whole neg rep thing is something that this place truly could do without, and that's what I thought prompted the apology. And this is the ONLY forum I visit (infrequently, mind you) that has such a 'feature'. But the good thing about it is that since I've disabled my rep, I'd like to think I've well wasted the 30 seconds it takes for some disgruntled person here to send me an anonymous neg rep that I'll never, ever read.
Old February 5th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I've seen it used and abandoned on other websites, and I've seen mods here talk about how much of a burden it is to deal with.

But.

But, but, but, but.

It allows for established users to vent privately, anonymously, with the click of a button. Without it, there would be more flame. I suspect it does more good than bad, despite the occasional well-intended complaints about it.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion