Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

View Poll Results: Which map is the BEST?!
Primaerskog 3 9.68%
The Sinking Runnel 1 3.23%
Marro Thaw 1 3.23%
Wo-Sa-Ga's Quarry 2 6.45%
Mountain Pass 3 9.68%
April 1 3.23%
Halcyon 9 29.03%
Volcarren Paradise 4 12.90%
Jungle Fire 0 0%
Savage Corridor 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 28th, 2017, 11:44 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Map Building Contest: The Wilds of Valhalla

great map submissions @Robber and @Nomad !! Very impressed with the entries so far, and can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with.

p.s. really fun alternate rules Robber, seems like that'll make for some fun and interesting games.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 29th, 2017, 12:15 AM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The special rules are a ton of fun! I think it's a great incentive to use the middle of the map. I just taught two of my friends to play Heroscape using Volcarren Paradise. One of them positioned Greenscale Warriors and Charos around the center and the special rules kept Charos alive just enough to edge out a win.
Old January 29th, 2017, 11:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Well folks. I got in the shop yesterday and spent a little time making the tower prize. I finished all the functioning parts and now am working to make it oh so pretty.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 29th, 2017, 01:49 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Just 4 Days left!!! Let's get those submissions in folks!!

@Yodaking @Scaperedude @master4sword @Retlaw @Cleon @capsocrates @Dr.Goomonkey @NecroBlade

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 29th, 2017, 06:41 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Just 4 Days left!!! Let's get those submissions in folks!!

@Yodaking @Scaperedude @master4sword @Retlaw @Cleon @capsocrates @Dr.Goomonkey @NecroBlade
Been busy, but I AM intending to submit one. Got one mostly done, but in trying to use all the terrain in my chosen expansions it ended up much more "ruins" than "wilds" so I may hold that one for my "if I don't get a more wilderness-y one done in time" entry.
Old January 29th, 2017, 08:19 PM

Okay great! Looking forward to it. And don't worry about it...as long as you can convey "wild" using the map and the backstory, you'll be golden...so don't sweat it too much.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 30th, 2017, 12:27 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I have a map built for it, I just gotta get around to making it in virtualscape.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old January 30th, 2017, 02:42 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I'm almost done with the prize tower, you guys will love it. It fits the theme of the Wilds for sure. It will be posted within a day or two, I haven't felt too great the last week or so.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 31st, 2017, 02:00 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

The newest marro hive needed to be hidden away from the front lines. And in a secluded section of rocky swamp, Wo-Sa-Ga found a perfect location. The new marro bred here would meld with more stony parts for added toughness compared to the marro of the past. The site would only be lightly fortified, for being this far from the war it would never be discovered.

At least, that was what they thought.

Wo-Sa-Ga's Quarry (PDF, HSC)
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 RttFF, 1 BftU

Spoiler Alert!

I'm just hoping that random power glyphs will give enough incentive to go into the sinkhole near the hive...

---

Elven woods are often overgrown and difficult to traverse, so it only made sense to construct an outpost to aid in travels. But when a collection of elven artifacts were being transported and thus temporarily stored at the outpost, Khosumet's forces struck and had the place burned to the ground. The fire consumed more than just the outpost, but it spread into the forest itself.

However, when scouts reported that the artifacts may have survived the initial blaze, a band was assembled to march in and claim the goods. But the overgrown forest had provided plenty of fuel for the fire, and so when the wolves arrived to obtain their prize, they found the blaze still smouldering, complicating the acquisition of the treasures.

Also complicating the situation was the fact that elven troops had also come looking for the artifacts...

Blazing Outpost (PDF, HSC)
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 VW

Spoiler Alert!

This is the one I was referring to when I said it ended up a bit more "ruins". It's a tad bit asymmetrical - one side has a water tile instead of lava to help with maneuverability as that side also has a bigger ruin blocking walkways, and I had to get creative to mirror the big tree.
Old January 31st, 2017, 02:47 PM

Awesome entries @master4sword ! LOVE the backstories and how you used VW terrain to represent the smoldering embers of a burnt forest! Very creative!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old January 31st, 2017, 03:40 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I really like the Quarry one. The swamp water tiles on different levels of height and composing the entire middle of the map makes playing units with water related powers much more interesting.

Sadly I don't think I'll manage to get anything submitted for this one. I wanted to take a little more time to actually build and test a submission but have run out of time while still not having found any inspiration for a concept.
Old January 31st, 2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Sadly I don't think I'll manage to get anything submitted for this one. I wanted to take a little more time to actually build and test a submission but have run out of time while still not having found any inspiration for a concept.
Well, you've still got till tomorrow night if you think of anything. And if we don't get very many more entries...I'll probably converse with the judges about extending the deadline a few days...but we'll see. So far I think we have 6 entries? and we want at least over 10...so we'll see how it ends up.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games