Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 20th, 2010, 06:03 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Raelin the Kyrie Warrior SotM

A Raelin + Taelord + Atlaga core really would get annhilated by almost any other army. You would be better off using Raelin + Taelord + tons of Cheap common squads that they can both boost.
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigosmooth View Post
Obviously, RoTV Raelin is better in most armies, but there are certain armies I prefer SoTM Raelin in. To me any fast moving melee army (like Anubians, Monks, Phantom Knights, etc) benefits more from the 6 Hex Raelin aura over the 4. With Anubians I'de usually use Brunak/RoTV Raelin to have a special attacker carrying her, but by herself the SoTM Raelin works better because of the faster units having to be on the move constantly. Considering your going to be "behind enemy lines" following a melee force in, it's nice to at least have the threat of a whirlwind to keep other melee forces in check.

Is Raelin version 1 better?? Most of the time, but that doesn't mean Raelin 2 doesn't have army builds where she isn't viable.

Dustin

Yes yes yes! Raelin SotM truly shines with fast units. I use here A LOT with my Anubians, and she works out great! I don't have to spend so many OMs to keep here near the Wolves, and my Wolves can also be more aggressive this way.
As to Brunak/RotV Raelin, I'd rather use ~200 point to get Raelin and Khosumet(If I don't already have him in there) or another Anubian squad, but that might be just me.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:55 PM

master4sword knows what's in an order marker master4sword knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
A Raelin + Taelord + Atlaga core really would get annhilated by almost any other army. You would be better off using Raelin + Taelord + tons of Cheap common squads that they can both boost.
But in a hero-only battle, it's worth mentioning, and it's thematic. If nothing else it's a fun army idea.
Old October 16th, 2010, 06:08 AM

ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker

I have a question regarding Whirlwind Assault:

If Raelin is adjacent to 6 units, 3 friendly, and 3 enemies, can she attack only the 3 enemy units, or does she have to choose between attacking 1 enemy, or all 6 adjacent units?
Old October 16th, 2010, 06:57 AM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker

Whirlwind Assault says you may attack any and all figures adjacent. This means you can attack more than one figure per turn (providing they aren't the same figure), and you may choose who to attack.

For example, if SotM Raelin was adjacent to both Charos and 3 Marro Stingers, you can choose to only attack the stingers, since with Charos, you run the risk of activating Counterstrike. But if you wanted to attack an adjacent friendly figure, you could certainly do that.

The point is, you can choose who to attack (only one attack per figure).

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old February 7th, 2011, 12:44 AM

rshorton is surprisingly tart

I believe there should be a Synergy Benefit Recieved from Atlaga for his Kyrie Leadership Movement bonus.

Me-Burq-Sa, You-Burq-Sa, We-All-Burq-Sa!!!
~ RSH
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshorton View Post
I believe there should be a Synergy Benefit Recieved from Atlaga for his Kyrie Leadership Movement bonus.
Send me a PM about this, please.
Old February 15th, 2014, 09:25 AM

greenlee_smythe is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls View Post
I like the old Raelin but the new one is more my style. I like to be on the attack and I love melee units. The 6 range aura +1 will help melee more effeciently than the 4 range +2. I used her with Drake 2, Sonlen and a couple of squads of Sentinels. She kept my Sentinels in the battle longer than they should have been and with her keeping her distance, when my Sentinels were done, she came into the battle at full power (she did get a dragon healing though). She took out some WoA's and a few Marro before going down. Counting the assists she gave the rest of her team, she was well worth the points and then some.
one of my best friends and i played a game a few weeks back where we played a 2,000 point army using "Durgeth Swamps Battlefield and I drafted this Raelin (She's my favorite character and between the two i like this sculpt better, she has hair and that stupid stick on the 1st sculpt causes me huge irritations!) Anyways we played a master game and we had almost my entire collection of figures on the board (close to 100 figures) and at the end of the battle, My buddy only had Taelord, Runa, Slyvarris, Agent Carr, and 1 Krav Maga Agent left and all I had left was this Raelin.....needless to say, we were both shocked and I was VERY proud that Raelin came out victorious! She took out the KMA then made quick work of Taelord, followed by Runa....Agent Carr and Slyvarris chased her for a bit until Raelin ambushed Sylvarris coming from the top of the cliff, and both surrounded her and attacked. She took 4 wounds when all was said and done, but she took out Slyvarris, then eliminated Agent Carr to be the only figure/unit remaining on the board. My buddy was P!SSED! lol When used correctly Raelin can be a humongous pain in the tushie to your opponents! I keep her back far enough out of harms reach but still protect all of my figures. She stays in the back next to Kelda and my army usually consists of Raelin (sotm), kelda, braxas, jotun, sgt. drake alexander, cyprien and sonya esenwein, theracus, the sentinals, and kyntela gwyn. just last night that was my army. (minus the sentinels) Lady Sonya Esenwein, Theracus, and Kyntela Gwyn, provided protection for Raelin, while Lord Cyprien Esenwein, Sgt. Drake, Braxas, and Jotun scattered out into the field picking off figures left and right in a 3 player/1,000 pt. game. Kelda flew around healing those that were injured which only Braxas, Jotun, and Lord Cyprien took wounds, she healed them all, and Raelin stayed near the longer ruin but where she could see everyone and provided protection. by the end of the game, my opponents lost over 95% of their armies, I did not lose a single unit. (i really hope i don't sound like i'm bragging, i don't mean to) i just mean, in my opinion, she kicks a$$ and works beautifully. We've been playing this game for about a year and i think i only have lost raelin once or twice. ( but that might have to do with the fact my buddies wont even try getting through my defenses to reach her. hehe

Last edited by greenlee_smythe; February 15th, 2014 at 09:31 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units