Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 9th, 2007, 11:14 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Marro Stingers

The Book of Marro Stingers
Swarm of the Marro - Master Set 2

Spoiler Alert!

_If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: “Krack Kaw, Krack Kaw, Krack Kaw!!!” These strange sounds fill the Ticalla Jungle long before anyone sees the deadly monsters making the chilling noises. Through the undergrowth of the jungle one sees Marro carrying unusually large heavy weapons.

Horror has a new name, as the Marro heavy weapons reveal themselves to be living creatures in the hands of the lesser Marro. “Krack Kaw” is the sound of the fire lightning coming from the metallic mouths of their weapons. The Marro power their weapons with their own life force, sometimes a little too much of it.
(Hasbro)

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - MARRO HIVE: Hive Mind
    Being a medium common marro squad, Marro Stingers may benefit from MARRO HIVE’s HIVE MIND ability.

-MARRO HIVE: Marro Rebirth
    Being a common marro squad, Marro Stingers may benefit from MARRO HIVE’s MARRO REBIRTH ability.

- SU-BAK-NA : Hive Supremacy
    Belonging to the Marro race, Marro Stingers may benefit from Su-Bak-Na’s HIVE SUPREMACY d20 enhancement.

-TUL-BAK-RA: Teleport Reinforcements
    Being a marro squad, Marro Stingers may benefit from TUL=BAK-RA’s TELEPORT REINFORCEMENTS ability.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Power Rankings

Jexik: Marro Stingers- The stingers are some of the most potent forces to date. As long as the D-20 doesn't let you down, the stingers are capable of burning through most all enemy units. A

OEAO: A

Cleon: Tier 9 (17/208)

dok (VC inclusive): A

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by superfrog; April 12th, 2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:16 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart
So Does their Stinger Drain Ability Stack?

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:17 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit
So Does their Stinger Drain Ability Stack?
No sir.
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:32 PM

BassAckwardz has disabled reputation
Played with these guys today in a 3 player game. Used them with the hive and along with drudges and Ne-Gok-Sa. I was pretty impressed to say the least. Good attack, and defense for the cost.

Bass
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:46 AM

bluekitsune13 has disabled reputation
I've fallen in love with these guys. Although the risk of their attack backfiring on them, I find that I'm usually rolling 4 attack dice most of the time! Even for a range of 5, for 60 points that's good.

Old September 10th, 2007, 10:31 AM

nonexistantnonexister has disabled reputation
In a 3 hour game I lost 2, and rebirthed them quickly and was barraging the enemy with 5 attack on height, earned atleast 3x their point value.

Old September 10th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Definitely a solid unit, and possibly one of the few things that might actually convince me to buy more than one of the same MS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:26 PM

Jedijoe9 is surprisingly tart
I used these guys in a game a few days ago and was also impressed. Perching them up on a ledge, I blasted away for a consistent 5 attack. They ended up destroying themselves in the end, but not before killing way more than their point value.

I really like figures that get high stats for low points but have risky abilities.

What I am most excited about is to run two squads of them. I imagine they would be pretty excellent mid to late game clean up.

Currently investing way to much time for a college student in: nerfing, heroscape, and urban exploration.

Soon moving to Greensburg, PA. 'Scape there? Let me know
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
I have been reticent to try them, but after reading these posts it seems people are enjoying success with them. I will reserve judgement, but they still seem dangerously unreliable.

Old September 10th, 2007, 09:11 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Taeblewalker, if you think the only good thing about the Stingers is the ability, you're using them wrong.
No, what they're good for is their 3/3. Tell me what other common squad has that at ranged without buffs? I can't think of any. Place them on height, and they gain 4 attack dice. They can easily kill their point value, and plus, if one dies due to the special ability, you have at least 1 or two other squads to throw at the enemy.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:16 PM

that guy has disabled reputation
I rolled three 20's in a row, while up the hill in the first campaign map. Three shots of 5 killed Raelin real quick. I was very impressed.
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:19 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Heh. The stingers coulda pwned Rae without that massive luck stroke, probably. Three attacks of four against Rae doesn't bode well for her...

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units