Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 21st, 2015, 08:17 PM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3V Public Announcements - Crevcor's Commission soon!

These last two were certainly worth the wait. They are both very interesting and I'm excited to see how they work.
Old May 21st, 2015, 11:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Great release C3V team! Definitely worth the wait! I'd say my favorites are, in no particular order:

- 20th Maine Volunteers: Not a huge departure from the other "guys with muskets/rifles" Squads, but they adhere to the history so well that it feels natural. And I can't get over how brilliant the sculpt use for them was... absolutely inspired find.
- Beorn Boltcutter. A really original, outside-the-box design. Absolutely unprecedented idea in the official canon, but done in a very Heroscape way. The biggest surprise for me.
- Josie Whistlestop. Quick Draw = Assault Rifle = a power I know is 100% fun.
- Achillean Gladiatrix. I think this is the most purely Heroscape design of the bunch, which is always impressive to me. Great interplay between ranged and melee options, fits nicely into the Gladiator army without being a must-have... it's one of those units that you could slip into an official wave without anyone noticing.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 05:01 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
That makes Varja crazy powerful against Bonding squad armies, even if you do need a 17 or higher.
Yes, but only if your opponent is foolish enough to line them up nicely for you. Just like opposing Zelrig or an elf wizard pod, your opponent had best spread his folks out. If the figures are non-adjacent, you can't hit more than two, unless you're move-boosted somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old May 22nd, 2015, 04:34 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
That makes Varja crazy powerful against Bonding squad armies, even if you do need a 17 or higher.
Yes, but only if your opponent is foolish enough to line them up nicely for you. Just like opposing Zelrig or an elf wizard pod, your opponent had best spread his folks out. If the figures are non-adjacent, you can't hit more than two, unless you're move-boosted somehow.
The trouble with that is you're only going to get 1 attack a turn on him with a bonding squad. Unless your hero also gets in on the action. If you only send one squad figure at him at a time he'll have all the time in the world to cause hell. This guy causes multiple problems for commons.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 04:34 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3V Public Announcements

I don't disagree with this, but at least on the third turn you can possibly try to gang up on him and hope you either kill him or get initiative next round.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 05:18 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Also, attacking him with a figure that don't need order markers could be the solution. (i.e. bonding hero !).

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 05:40 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Also

Best way to take him down is probably this.

Marro Hive + Marro Drones.

~Dysole, pretty sure the Varja can't steal Order Markers there
Old May 23rd, 2015, 03:09 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
I don't disagree with this, but at least on the third turn you can possibly try to gang up on him and hope you either kill him or get initiative next round.
That could really backfire if he wins initiative and zaps all your OMs on turn 1.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 23rd, 2015, 09:31 PM

The idea is that you attack on turn 3 with everything if you think you have a pretty good chance of finishing The Varja off. Then, if by some chance you don't finish it, you still have ~50% chance of winning initiative and getting another chance of winning initiative. There's risk in everything, but I can see opportunities on a Turn 3 to play the odds.

On first or second turns, I'd probably try to attack from 3 sides with a space in between each unit. The Varja can make it through 2 units still, but not 3 without a move boost.
Old May 23rd, 2015, 09:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Some of you may be overestimating the likelihood of hitting a 17+.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 23rd, 2015, 10:23 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Some of you may be overestimating the likelihood of hitting a 17+.
For the curious.

Odds of Varja knocking off all your OMs.

Code:
Figures Moved Through           Pct
             1                  20%
             2                  36%
             3                  50%
             4                  59%
             5                  67%
             6                  74%
             7                  79%
             8                  83%
~Dysole, rounded to the nearest integer
Old May 23rd, 2015, 10:24 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey you weren't at my house when those **** Dividers were poppin' faster than popcorn kernels under the wrathful yet futile blade of Sir Hawthorne's Special Attack. But yes normally it's not too threatening unless he can pass through a whole squad and get several tries at it.

~TAF, truthfully

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; May 23rd, 2015 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Is it even possible for him to pass through 8 figures...?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs