Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales
Sightings and Sales Forum for posting wave sightings and information about Heroscape sales.

Old November 24th, 2008, 09:54 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Some Walmarts Consolidating Inventory?

I'm not sure if there's a better place for this sort of general Walmart discussion, but I'm wondering if some Walmart stores are consolidating inventory in preperation for Christmas shopping.

I scope out the Walmarts around my home and work pretty regularly (even when I don't have any money to spend) and I've noticed a couple of weird trends recently:

I've seen recent additions of stock from both Wave 2 and Wave 3, but I've yet to see both in the same store. And I don't just mean at the same time. Where I've seen Wave 2, I've never seen Wave 3, and vice versa.

I've begun to see what looks like much older stock showing up on shelves with "fresh" stuff. And I don't just mean older Waves, I mean packages that have been around the block and really show some wear. When I see these they are almost always packs that have not been showing up in the regular areas for months. For example, I went by one store today and found a couple of Wave 6 Pack mixed in, even though I haven't seen Wave 6 in that store since before Wave 8 came out.

Lastly, and this is the really weird one, I saw a pack of Nakitas today in a store that has, to my knowledge, never carried Wave 5 since I've been playing Scape (almost 2 years). By itself, that's not so weird, but this pack had one of those clear plastic hooks attached the back panel so it could be hung in a display. I've never, ever seen Scape hanging from anything in Walmarts before. It's always on the shelf next to Marvel or the other Mastersets in the boardgame aisle. But the hook is making me wonder if there's some other place the product might be on display that I've been missing.

I suspect by now you're thinking "Geez, who is this guy to spend so much time stalking toys he's not even about to buy at Walmart?" I wonder myself, sometimes... but so goes the addiction.

Old November 25th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Some Walmarts Consolidating Inventory?

Ive got 3 entire sets of wave 2, 2 entire sets of wave 3, 1 entire set of wave 8, 1 wave 5 booster, and 1 wave 7 booters at my Walmart close to my house.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old November 25th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

WOW.

At my local Wally's there's 7 full sets of the Wave 2 now, but nothing else as I cleaned them out and kept part, ebayed what I didn't want for cost. I try to hook fellow 'scapers up and not scalp them.

In fact, I just had a Karma event happen - someone put a set of Omnicron Snipers for "buy it now" of 6.95 plus 4.80 shipping. Suffice to say that I bought that beeeotch.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 25th, 2008, 06:14 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I've seen recent additions of stock from both Wave 2 and Wave 3, but I've yet to see both in the same store. And I don't just mean at the same time. Where I've seen Wave 2, I've never seen Wave 3, and vice versa.
I've noticed the same trend at my area Walmarts. Perhaps it correlates to when the toy dept. managers placed their restock orders with corporate distribution. As for the Nakitas, it's possible that they were purchased on clearance somewhere else and returned for a more desirable pack. Walmart has such a liberal return policy. It would be easy for a < honest person to take advantage.
Old November 25th, 2008, 07:13 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I suspect by now you're thinking "Geez, who is this guy to spend so much time stalking toys he's not even about to buy at Walmart?" I wonder myself, sometimes... but so goes the addiction.
I'm the same way. There is a Wal*Mart on the way home from the college I go to and I stop there every 3-4 days just to see whats in stock (especially recently). I need 1 more pack of Knights and 1 pack of Minions then I'm done for wave 2!

I was talking to some employees and they all said that the "collectible" and popular games are being stored up for Christmas. Isn't there some big thread on why HS isn't collectible? Because we can get exactly what we need and the like.

In short: Yes, they are stocking for Christmas.

It bugs me because I need those packs!

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News > Sightings and Sales