Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 18th, 2018, 02:59 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscaper 101's bestiary

WARRIOR'S ARMOR SPIRIT 1
When Thorgrim is destroyed, place this figure on any unique Army Card. Thorgrim's Spirit adds 1 to the defense number on that card.

Thorgrim also has a similar power, with no restriction on the range of the figure.
Old October 18th, 2018, 03:50 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
WARRIOR'S ARMOR SPIRIT 1
When Thorgrim is destroyed, place this figure on any unique Army Card. Thorgrim's Spirit adds 1 to the defense number on that card.

Thorgrim also has a similar power, with no restriction on the range of the figure.
I finished the Army Card around 12:30 today, here is the card.
Old October 18th, 2018, 05:30 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You never really addressed my question about the range restriction. You copied two powers (Manauvi and Arktos) but didn't really explain why you modeled your power on those. MrNobody brought up Thorgrim (like I did earlier), but then you didn't really respond.

A range restriction is necessary for Arktos because it doesn't make much sense to add to the range of melee (1-range) figures. In Heroscape, the line has traditionally been 4 range or more (like on the Glyph of Ivor).

A range restriction is thematically necessary for Manauvi because you don't want him to be used to kite opponents figures (run away and shoot from as far away as possible). It's a "Charging" Spirit after all, and so it should only be used by figures who are trying to get adjacent to opponent's figures. For that reason, it only works on 1-range figures.

I don't see any reason why this Spirit has to be restricted to 1-range figures.
Old October 18th, 2018, 06:13 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
You never really addressed my question about the range restriction. You copied two powers (Manauvi and Arktos) but didn't really explain why you modeled your power on those. MrNobody brought up Thorgrim (like I did earlier), but then you didn't really respond.

A range restriction is necessary for Arktos because it doesn't make much sense to add to the range of melee (1-range) figures. In Heroscape, the line has traditionally been 4 range or more (like on the Glyph of Ivor).

A range restriction is thematically necessary for Manauvi because you don't want him to be used to kite opponents figures (run away and shoot from as far away as possible). It's a "Charging" Spirit after all, and so it should only be used by figures who are trying to get adjacent to opponent's figures. For that reason, it only works on 1-range figures.

I don't see any reason why this Spirit has to be restricted to 1-range figures.
It is a custom hero, so you want something new. The 1-range restriction is to unique army cards, so no unique army cards with more range do not benefit from this power, like the Deathwalker's, that already roll a lot of defense dice You can put Guardian Spirit on a Fen Hydra who has 1-range, so it will be 6 +2 on the defense roll.
Old October 18th, 2018, 06:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The spirit will do a lot more for the Fen Hydra than for a Deathwalker.

9 defense and 11 defense both are quite beatable if you roll 3-4 skulls. The Hydra has multiple lives and so the defense boost is much more notable.
Old October 18th, 2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
The spirit will do a lot more for the Fen Hydra than for a Deathwalker.

9 defense and 11 defense both are quite beatable if you roll 3-4 skulls. The Hydra has multiple lives and so the defense boost is much more notable.
Should the power benefit only unique army cards with 3 or lesser defense, excluding height advantage and other auras.
Old October 18th, 2018, 06:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

Well that just seems arbitrary to me. If you're looking for a place to limit it, you could limit it to Guards.
Old October 18th, 2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Well that just seems arbitrary to me. If you're looking for a place to limit it, you could limit it to Guards.
I changed Guardian Spirit, so it will only effect army cards that are Guard/s.
Old October 18th, 2018, 07:10 PM
This is merely a joke.

Is there a new card, or did you write the new power out somewhere? I don't see the change anywhere.
Old October 18th, 2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Is there a new card, or did you write the new power out somewhere? I don't see the change anywhere.
Sorry, here is the army card for Gilliam.
Old October 18th, 2018, 07:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

This is my favorite version of Gilliam so far. If I were you, I'd look for figures for a common squad or a common hero that could be Guards to synergize with Gilliam.
Old October 18th, 2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
This is my favorite version of Gilliam so far. If I were you, I'd look for figures for a common squad or a common hero that could be Guards to synergize with Gilliam.
You can check page 26 of this bestiary or check page 3 on my updated customs thread. I might make a bio for Gilliam.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards