Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old October 17th, 2018, 10:40 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I'd call it a "pre-attack power." Hopefully that's specific enough.
Old October 17th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I'm developing some ideas for one of my projects I'm working on and I need some help from you guys if you would be so kind. What would you classify an ability that happens after moving and before attacking.
Obviously there are movement powers and there are attack powers, along with defense powers, but what would you guys call an ability that happens "after moving and before attacking." I know its considered a special power or special ability but I'm looking for a classification name.
None of these things have specific classifications. Worse, the definitions are muddied; I can think of various powers that aren't clearly "attack powers" or "movement powers" even though they are in those phases.

If you're trying to reference powers by classification, it's not really going to work. There are just too many grey areas.

Last edited by Scytale; October 17th, 2018 at 11:38 AM.
Old October 17th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

He's just trying to make his own thing. Not trying to classify existing powers, as I see it. Check his customs thread.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 17th, 2018, 12:32 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Is there any problem with just saying "after moving and before attacking" in the wording of the ability? I can't really see why you have to have a special term for it.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old October 17th, 2018, 12:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

It’s for a thing he’s making. It’s not just for a one off power. Check out his customs thread if you’re interested.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 17th, 2018, 12:37 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I really think "Pre-Attack Ability" would suit your needs just fine.
Old October 17th, 2018, 01:38 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

They're actually not "abilities" in Heroscape, they're "special powers".

So they'd be "after moving and before attacking special powers", or

AMABASP

Next question.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; October 17th, 2018 at 01:38 PM. Reason: reserving my "special place" in hell by putting the period outside the quotation marks
Old October 18th, 2018, 10:41 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
They're actually not "abilities" in Heroscape, they're "special powers".

So they'd be "after moving and before attacking special powers", or

AMABASP

Next question.
Thanks for all of you guys answers. For my specific little side project I just made a reference card for my attachment cards. The biggest reason I needed help with it was because I wanted to make sure that a character couldnt use more than one of each part of a turn. 1 movement or move special power, one after moving and before attacking power,and finally 1 attacking power. I think that takes care of it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 3rd, 2018, 07:29 PM

shoe1010 Woo who?
Question Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Hi. I'm new to the site and I have trouble understanding how it works so I have no idea if this is the right place for me to be asking this question but here goes nothin':

What's the best way to repair damaged units? For an example of the kind of damage I'm dealing with, Jotun's front foot is entirely broken so that he's not attached to his base on that foot. I've tried hot glue on some of my other damaged figures but that doesn't really do the trick. Should I try gorilla glue? Or something else?

Thanks, Shoe.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 08:13 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe1010 View Post
Hi. I'm new to the site and I have trouble understanding how it works so I have no idea if this is the right place for me to be asking this question but here goes nothin':

What's the best way to repair damaged units? For an example of the kind of damage I'm dealing with, Jotun's front foot is entirely broken so that he's not attached to his base on that foot. I've tried hot glue on some of my other damaged figures but that doesn't really do the trick. Should I try gorilla glue? Or something else?

Thanks, Shoe.
Super Glue works in most cases. I use Loctite Super Glue Gel Control (blue and silver bottle). It's easy to work with and doesn't run like normal super glue. Be sure to clean off any hot glue residue there may be.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 4th, 2018, 12:04 AM

shoe1010 Woo who?

I'll give that a try. Thanks!
Old November 4th, 2018, 12:09 AM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe1010 View Post
I'll give that a try. Thanks!
I see you're in Pittsburgh! That's where I lived up until this April. Be sure to check out the C2P folks who play ~2 hours away in Ohio.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's