Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 11th, 2018, 09:38 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Games Will You Be Purchasing?

Two Commands & Colors expansions coincidentally named "The French Army" from two different publishers are now unexpectedly due here in September; one early and one late:

1. Tricorne: American Revolution; The French Army and More (Expansion #1)
Originally due Fourth Quarter and then October, its been reported that it will now be shipped this month.

2. The Great War; The French Army Expansion which has been delayed for months, has now arrived at its British publishers from the manufacturer. They are now waiting for the plastic French Heavy tanks to add to the Kickstarter package, and then will ship, hopefully this month.

Last edited by chas; September 11th, 2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:57 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Now that Netrunner is ending thanks to licensing issues:
If I want a copy of Netrunner just to have on my shelf, which of the two versions of the base set should I get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old September 24th, 2018, 09:56 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm now looking at two new Kickstarters (the second will go up in a day or two:

WORLD OF MYTHOLOGY: KING OF THE HILL (Jumparound)
A 5 Player hero adventure game including more different mythologies than any I've ever seen before: Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Hindu, Slavic, and "Mixed" (Irish, Inuit, Yoruba, Chinese, Japanese, Mayan,and Cthulhu!)

MEZO (Kolossal) a 4 Player dudes on a map game based on Mayan mythology.
Old October 14th, 2018, 09:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
Now that Netrunner is ending thanks to licensing issues:
If I want a copy of Netrunner just to have on my shelf, which of the two versions of the base set should I get?
This is a good question. Did you ever get your answer, @Nukatha ?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 14th, 2018, 10:41 PM

1. Tomorrow I'm picking up the Seth expansion (#2) for Kemet (Metagot) at my FLGS. It allows 2-5 "Alliance" Players to contest with a Seth (Purple) player. ("Seth" is the French version of Set). Since games coming out at the Essen show in Germany are usually not available until a week or two after that convention here in the US, I was surprised and pleased when the shop called me up, as the show is still a week and a half away!

Kemet is one of the very popular mythologically based (Egyptian) games by Metagot which also include Cyclades (Greek) and Inis (Irish). The first Inis expansion "Seasons of Inis", originally scheduled for Essen, is now planned for early 2019.

2. I'm now expecting The Great War The French Army (Expansion #2) in a week or two. World is that the French Heavy tank models that have held up delivery are now in Britain with PSC and have been shipped out to European KS Backers (orders without the tank add on went out earlier). The retail versions of the Centenary (2nd Edition) of the core game and the expansion (without the tanks I believe) are now available in the US.
Old October 16th, 2018, 12:18 AM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@capsocrates
nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old November 11th, 2018, 11:09 AM

I'm looking seriously at a game by a new small company called Galactic Warlords: Struggle for Dominion (Archonia Games). It's simple, short and has a lot of innovative mechanisms, colorful graphics, and minis.

It came out at Essen, and its Kickstarter backer copies will be shipped soon. No word yet on retail availability.
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:02 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I just bought a bunch of C3V and SoV figures for the first time in quite a while; pretty excited about the stuff coming down the pipe, as well as some figures that were already released that I haven't picked up yet.

--
--
--

--
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:19 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
1. Tomorrow I'm picking up the Seth expansion (#2) for Kemet (Metagot) at my FLGS. It allows 2-5 "Alliance" Players to contest with a Seth (Purple) player.
Tell me more about your experience with this. Kemet is in my Top 10 games, so I'd be interested in exploring this expansion. I don't yet have Ta-Seti, which is the expansion I've really had my eyes on. How is the different playing experience of 1v4? Does it completely change the game's tone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I just bought a bunch of C3V and SoV figures for the first time in quite a while; pretty excited about the stuff coming down the pipe, as well as some figures that were already released that I haven't picked up yet.
It's a great feeling, isn't it? I just made my first C3G figure order in five years and it feels great. I still haven't printed out the cards yet.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:42 PM

Scapemage,

Here's the link to my bgg sessions report on my first two games of Kemet/Seth:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...irst-two-plays
Old November 26th, 2018, 05:53 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I finally got Fireball Island in and it is very good. They updated the game to be more strategic and the expansions add additional complexity for experienced gamers. It recalls my youth while also feeding the current gamer in me. Fun for my two nephews (7 and 16) and myself for Thanksgiving.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 3rd, 2018, 07:14 PM

I just ordered Shards of Infinity from the makers of Ascension. It's a dueling deck builder with an alternate route to victory ("mastering the power of the Infinity Shard"). Looks cool; it's on sale on Amazon for $14 today only.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games