Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 23rd, 2020, 10:21 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Been awhile since gaming with others, but today I got together with a couple friends and we played Friedrich, which is a wargame in the 7 Years War era. Fun game.

Then we played Wingspan. My first time playing and I really enjoyed it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 23rd, 2020, 11:16 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Played This War of Mine, Star Trek Ascendancy and Endeavor: Age of Sail today.

We lost This War of Mine after completing only one chapter out of three. The Klingons and Federation were tied for 5 ascendancy and the Klingons won the tie-breaker. I don't remember who won the last game - it was a long day.

Old August 24th, 2020, 03:03 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just spent a Saturday playing the new fan campaign for Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare. This is Pacifica Campaign, based on the four major WWII Carrier battles of 1942 in the Pacific. I'd won all four the first time, and now after switching sides, I somehow did it again. Clean Sweep!

C&C Tricorne: Jacobite Rebellion will start shipping next week, and I'll be playing that soon.

For my thread/blog on BGG for the entire 11 game Commands & Colors Series, see here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread...rd-borg/page/1
Old September 13th, 2020, 09:54 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Played a three-player game of Forgotten Waters, the second scenario called Witch's Heart. We thought we were done for, both when the kraken attacked and when the megalodon attacked, but we survived and were in good shape by the half-way "save" point in the game.

We were hosed by the nemesis in one of the newer Aeon's End games.

Edit: We also played D6: Dungeons, Dudes, Dames, Danger, Dice and Dragons!

Last edited by Taeblewalker; September 25th, 2020 at 11:22 PM.
Old September 16th, 2020, 01:57 AM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Just got Wingspan last week and we love it so far. Seems like it will be a good gateway game for people as well. I really like the theme (as is evident by my peregrine falcon tattoo) and it's a very chill game to kick back and play when you don't want something too competitive. Can also be played single player with the Automa engine.
Old September 16th, 2020, 10:19 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunaks View Post
Just got Wingspan last week and we love it so far. Seems like it will be a good gateway game for people as well. I really like the theme (as is evident by my peregrine falcon tattoo) and it's a very chill game to kick back and play when you don't want something too competitive. Can also be played single player with the Automa engine.

I got to try Wingspan for the first time about a month ago at a friend's house. I really enjoyed it.

I believe the designer of that game has designed another one recently that has to do with the migration of butterflies. Its called Mariposas.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/aeg8...xoCs-QQAvD_BwE

Old September 16th, 2020, 06:00 PM

Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker Figure knows what's in an order marker

Ah, I'll have to watch Tom Vassel's review on it! It's published by Alderac Entertainment Group which is promising as well. As for the desginer, Elizabeth Hargrave, I really enjoy her style and look forward to her future endeavors as her three current games all seem to be doing very well. Never considered a butterfly board game but between Kingsman Golden Circle and her design of Wingspan, I'd certainly give it a shot.
Old September 21st, 2020, 02:11 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Have now played 7 of the 15 scenarios in the new Commands & Colors Tricorne: Jacobite Rising. A few more than once and several with a live opponent. About a half dozen of us on BGG are sharing our games, and making calls or contacting designer Richard Borg for FAQ answers. Although this was an expensive game on an obscure subject, its a major contribution to the C&C Series, and great fun!
Old September 21st, 2020, 04:18 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Decided recently to try and do a zombicide modern campaign with all my painted figures. I was going to wait until I finish painting the rest but got a few games in with my little nephew. Played scenario 1 in the first zombicide book twice and got obliterated twice. We only used my survivors and zombies from the first couple boxes but was too hard with 4 survivors. Once I get the rest of modern painted Ill be retrying it either solo or coop with 6 survivors. Love playing these painted. Looks so much better.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 25th, 2020, 11:02 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Tried out some new games recently.

Infinity Gauntlet: A Love Letter Game - nice take on the Love Letter System without being a resin of the original game. Enjoyed this little quick one.

Dice Town - I don't know how we missed this game. The boys and I loved this game. Played it multiple times last weekend.

Godzilla Tokyo Clash - Kind of like Unmatched with Kaiju. Definitely a little awkward at first as a few mechanics seem unintuitive. Once it gets going though, it was a fun silly skirmish very different from King of Tokyo. Like I said, it is more like Unmatched. Replaced the cardboard chit houses with monopoly houses and it is much clearer to distinguish between what you can throw and what you can target.

Secrets - A hidden role card game that wasn't bad. Again, the first play was awkward as nobody could figure out where the strategy was. We immediately restarted and it seemed to click for most of us. Not a bad game for a night with my kids and my in-laws, it just may not get much play again.
Old September 26th, 2020, 07:57 AM
Prickly Cactus

Last night I went to my buddy Brian's house, where us and a few other people did some gaming.

Chinatown: This is a negotiation game, which I don't normally like. There's a board that has different neighborhoods that have numbered spaces within each neighborhood. I believe the whole board might go up to number 85. You are dealt a few cards with a number on them and can keep 2 of them, discarding the others. Then everyone reveals their cards and place their colored discs on the corresponding numbered spaces. Then each player draws 2 tiles from a bag and keeps them face down until everyone has theirs and then you reveal them. These tiles are location types, such as restaurant, factory, jewelry store, antique store, etc. Each has a number 3-6, and that number indicates how many of those tiles you need connected to make a complete location. So anyway, you can place any of your tiles under one of the colored discs that you control on the board. At the end of the round, you collect the money based on how many tiles you have connected orthoganally of theh same type. The more you have the more you will make, even if incomplete, but when you do get the completion number of them, then you make a lot more. So the negotiation part is that you can trade spaces with other players discs, you can trade location tiles and you can trade money. So it goes 6 rounds and your done. I came in second with $760K, and one lady who also doesn't like negotiation games won with $880K. The rest were in the 5 and 600K range. Fun game but long with full complement of players.

Elfenland: There are a lot of locations on the board, with one of your colored pieces in each location. You have a main piece that moves around the board and you try to collect all of your other smaller pieces. To do that, you will get 8 cards each round and 4 little tiles. The cards will have images that correspond with the possible tiles you can get. There is a cloud, troll, dragon, boat, wind cycle, unicorn and pig. Each of these tiles will be put on pathways between locations one at a time by players, where each of the different types can only be placed on certain types of terrain. Then you try to move your main piece by playing cards that correspond with the tile between where you are and where you want to go. So if a unicorn is on a path, you need to play a unicorn card, etc. Some tile types may cost 2 of that type of card if they are placed on certain terrain. You can always play 3 of any cards to be considered a wild to pass through a tile that you don't have a card for. So it's basically a game of max efficiency, as you have 4 rounds to collect as many of your colored pieces as possible. There was a tie for first, with only 1 piece left, a tie for second with only 2 pieces left and I was the only one with 3 pieces left.

Old October 20th, 2020, 12:24 PM

Taeblewalker stayed over a couple of nights for his first visit since the Pandemic outbreak. We did three games:

Forgotten Waters: TW loves story telling games, and I liked this one the most of all he's had me play over the years. Its a pirate co-op he owns. I won big and found a fortune for my lady pirate Bobby the Carnivore! Sort of reminds me of when I became the ruler of a city in his Tales of the Arabian Knights.

Commands & Colors Tricorne: Jacobite Rebellion. This is one of my new ones; you can see 15 session reports and my new review on its BGG forum! In other words, I like it very much, and so did TW.

The Russian Campaign: I played his copy (3rd Edition, Avalon Hill) of this great title from over 45 years ago, and I hadn't played it for a second time since its come out. So karmically I'm back to it, and have ordered the new redo from GMT: the Deluxe Fifth Edition. I played the Germans for the very first time, and had great fun, although I lost.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games