Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 2nd, 2011, 03:12 AM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart
Valhalla's Abyss

Here are some shots I took with my Ipod of my new masterpiece of a board. I have a vid up on facebook I dont know how to upload it to Youtube.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 12:06 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Valhalla's Abyss

Wow, usually I don't like people calling their own maps "masterpieces" but I must say that is one helluva map.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:19 PM

This was like my tenth try trying to design a muilt level map that would be playable with all units, visible underneath, Tall enough for the huge units and hands. Spaced enough for huge units and hand. (I have leard the hard way that knocing over a support is deadly but I made sure that after the first top layer was put o that the pillars were thhink and wouldnt fall over. Its a pretty solid board. I have implemented the high water fals and ledges I have seen on other maps. I space out blocking terrain so that big units can fit comfotabley between then (I used my custom night elf shiris due to her being natorious for not fitting in tight place). All in all it was worth the 2 weeks it took to build it

Last edited by DWK9000; August 2nd, 2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That is really cool. Those giant support columns look amazing, I gotta try making something like that one of these days.

I also really like the "void" space around that bridge in the middle, that's a really nice touch and helps pull the map together.

Also, I love the picture of your cat, he's so cute Did he help you build that? My cats always come and hang around me when I'm building a map. They don't help me though, they have fun knocking tiles off the table.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:02 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker

Agreed! I gotta try something like that too... I have the worst time with castle pieces and making something with them... this gives me a new direction to try, though I don't know how successful I will be at it.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old August 2nd, 2011, 08:26 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool map. I tried something like this before but it did not look as good as yours and it was very unbalanced. Of coarse this was before i had the castle set. This really makes me want to take apart my castle and try to do something like this.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:20 PM

Dargoth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Very cool looking map. What is the set count you used on it? I too, have cats and have one in particular that loves to chew on the jungle brush pieces so I can't leave them unattended on a map for long.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargoth View Post
Very cool looking map. What is the set count you used on it? I too, have cats and have one in particular that loves to chew on the jungle brush pieces so I can't leave them unattended on a map for long.
Ha, me too! I have custom jungle made from plastic aquarium plants. But my cat seems to love chewing on them.

I really love the map. Any chance of build instructions?
Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:09 PM

10 ROTV
2 SOTM
9 BFTU
4 ROTFF
2 TT
2 VW
9 castle
3 jungle sets
those are the set I own but I have purchased alot of extra terrain for Auggies over the past 2 years. My cat loves eating the figures. As of right now it is not on virtualscape yet when I tear it down ill map it out. Ussually when desgning maps I can only visualize them when I have the pieces on hand. For some reason when using the program first I just cant seem to do want I would like. Its probably all in my head heh. Thanks for the kind words I never expect this many posts
Old August 2nd, 2011, 11:35 PM

Dargoth is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

That's out of my league, especially at the over inflated prices sets are going for. Very nice, non the less.
Old August 5th, 2011, 10:24 PM

Iam gonna try to do up a battle report of this board this weekend or next
Old August 5th, 2011, 10:37 PM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWK9000 View Post
Iam gonna try to do up a battle report of this board this weekend or next

I can't wait to see the report. Awesome map by the way.

Last edited by The Doctor; August 5th, 2011 at 10:47 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios