Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

View Poll Results: How did you feel about overlapping figures for Bring 2?
I love it, I think we should do it in every bring 2 from now on 2 12.50%
I liked it as a change up, but not every time 8 50.00%
I didn't like it 5 31.25%
Something else (specify in the comments) 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 8th, 2021, 11:25 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Round 4 is Live

Quote:
The knight of scape (2-1) v. chris perkins (1-2) pool of armies is:
* Akumaken, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Ne-Gok-Sa, Roman Legionnairesx3
* Asterios, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Parmenio, Sacred Bandx3
* James Murphy, Marcu Esenwein, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Thorgrim the Viking Champion, 4th Massachusetts Linex2, Knights of Weston
* Johnny ""Shotgun"" Sullivan, Marcu Esenwein, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], 10th Regiment of Footx2, Roman Legionnaires
knight of scape chooses to pick first.
chris perkins chooses to places first.
Playing Wednesday @ 7 pm EST

-----------------------------------

Edit: KoS took the win easily. I undervalued the SZ rush play on this map & KoS was able to draw 1st blood on OM2 of round 1. I got 2 4th behind KoS's 10th and wasn't able to catch up. 10th won the ranged war and then kited my slow mele while they tried (and failed) to ford the river.

gg KoS, well played opening.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; February 10th, 2021 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Game Result
Old February 8th, 2021, 04:15 PM

XThorSavageX knows what's in an order marker XThorSavageX knows what's in an order marker
Re: OHS Season 39 - Snowed In - Round 4 Until 2/14

sorry whats the v glyph again
Old February 8th, 2021, 04:23 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Valda. Move +2

Last edited by Chris Perkins; February 8th, 2021 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Damn auto correct
Old February 10th, 2021, 03:32 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I'm not even sure quite what happened in this game. We split superfrog's builds (me-DCs, him Dreads)

We started the game with sf moving his army towards Valda and me moving my army towards Wannok. Frog decided he didn't like how that was going to look so he shifted towards an attack. I had MBS pretty well protected but a 2v4 ping kill on a screening DC combined with a same turn Dreadgul charge allowed a Dreadgul to engage MBS for 2 hits.

Guilty was able to take down the wounded MBS and got a key charge that let him effectively screen him from deathchaser counterattack.

At this point (with MBS down) I did not like how things were shaping up so I started the process of moving my army away from Wannok and towards Valda.

This let the map in a pretty awkward board state, as I moved the other direction and superfrog played conservatively with Guilty snipining when he could while also making his way towards wannok. (Wannok backfired to kill a dreadgul on his first roll)

Once I started trying to get my army across the river to Valda sf starting sending Dreads at me to bog me down (keyed by a couple of key charge rolls). He also was able to get Guilty into a spot attacking down. In this way he killed Nerak and Pel before I finally got over the water (Pel's 6 attack failed against the dreaduls time and time again)

I finally got an initiative switch and in such a way that allowed me to get me a single attack against Guilty and that hit counted the 4v5 doing both wounds. By the time I finally caught and killed guilty all the sudden all the concentrated fire by sf on the heroes while throwing dreadguls into me eventually caught up.

It was Raelin (4 life), Pel, 2 Dreads vs. 7 Deathchasers, Arkmer

Pel killed a Chaser and we traded another squad for squad while I went and took Valda while Pel and Raelin took Wannok (The last dreadgul got a single attack off on Arkmer but failed)

The endgame was set as Raelin and Pel on Wannok vs. 5 deathchasers and Arkmer (with Valda)

Arkmer put 2 wounds on Pel and baited him into moving off of Wannok to get the kill on the elf. Raelin took Wannok, but the 7 move deathchasers were able to get height on both Pel and Raelin and with an initiative switch at the end threw enough attack dice to capture the win.

I got the strange game win with 4 Chasers left.

gg superfrog
Old February 10th, 2021, 06:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

It was indeed a weird game.

That Wannok 1 and the init switch that caught Guilty are definitely rolls I’d love to do over, but I certainly got my fair share of dice (especially early in the game).

Gg kevindola
Old February 10th, 2021, 07:32 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I played my game with @AgentWard this afternoon.

I chose first and took his army of Sir Gilbert, Z'thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Knights of Westonx3

He responded by choosing my army of Boreos, Lilja, Talingul, Greater Ice Elemental

Agent Ward set up in the yellow start zone and immediately began developing his army to hold Wannok. Meanwhile, I sent one lone knight on a quest to secure Valda, and slow rolled the rest of my forces toward where Ward had set up his army with the Greater Ice Elemental holding Wannok.

I was consistently rolling two symbols with Dispatch which let me keep all my knights moving as a mass toward the height. I believe one knight was sniped by Talingul during the approach, before I moved several up to engage the GIE and Lilja. The GIE failed its first two Engagement Strikes, which let me make two attacks down from height to deal 3 damage to the GIE. The GIE healed a wound during his turn and killed one of the knights engaging him while Lilja killed another two next to her. However, I had plenty more knights within range to replace the ranks of the dead and focused on Lilja, dealing 4 wounds to her, while she went on to kill another two knights plus one more with boreos. However, I had bluffed and placed my OM3 on ZThoth, which let him move into position and use Maddening Visage on Lilja, forcing her to take 3 LEAs which killed her, and prevented her from using Shards. When rolling for Wannok, Ward rolled a 1, which brought the GIE back to 3 wounds. Over the course of the next round the knights managed to put a wound on Boreos and finish off the GIE before they died. Over the course of the game, I lost 1 knight to Engagement Strike, but Ward killed the other 10 knights without them blocking a single attack! After the game I checked my stats to realize that I had a truly dismal defense percentage of only 25% (my Attack percentage was inaccurate as I had rolled Attack dice for Jandar's Dispatch). However, it wasn't enough as Sir Gilbert with 2 wounds and the full life ZThoth were more than capable of bringing down Boreos and Talingul in the endgame.

Good game to Agent Ward who was a pleasure to play and chat with.
Old February 11th, 2021, 11:30 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

dok defeated me in a back and forth game tonight. I was playing Dzu-Teh x3, Q10, Raelin, and Bol, while dok had Microcorp Troopers x3, Hydra, and Raelin. This was the first time my two snow armies faced off against each other, and this board made it into a very grindy game. dok owned the Valda side, and I owned the Wannok side. We each very slowly advanced our armies, not throwing an attack until well into the third round. It was very cat and mouse game, me trying to deny Heavy Weapon specials on to Dzu-Teh and dok trying to get those while hiding from Q10. We ended up in a pretty slow paced game where I took a lead, killing about 6 Micros to about 3 Dzu-Teh, on the back of great defense rolls from the Dzu-Teh. dok was forced to move up Raelin and make a final stand with the Micros, and they managed to drop 3 wounds on Q10. Q10 held strong and brought the Micros under a squad, but he was too risky to put further order markers on. dok sent in the Hydra, who easily finished off Q10, and the duel between the Hydra and the Dzu-Teh was basically for the game. We both had some great blocks, but Hydra came out on top. Good game.
Old February 12th, 2021, 10:22 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Anyone who is confused why I leave Q10 as an "A" in my rankings should watch a few games like that one. Heck of a game.

Congrats to @Captain Stupendous ! We haven't had a rookie start 4-0 in our leagues in a hot minute.
Old February 12th, 2021, 11:32 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Anyone who is confused why I leave Q10 as an "A" in my rankings should watch a few games like that one. Heck of a game.

Congrats to @Captain Stupendous ! We haven't had a rookie start 4-0 in our leagues in a hot minute.
Thanks @dok ! I'd consider myself to have gotten somewhat lucky to have piloted what I'd consider the favored army in all but my first game. In game 1 I played Concan+Sentinels vs. Talingul which ended up being a very close game, barely winning with 1 Sentinel and a 1 life Concan. In my other three games I played Talingul vs Wildwoods (Boreos made their life miserable), Makwa vs Mohicans (I feel like low-range non-melee figures are the perfect counter to Mohicans?) and finally Zthoth+Weston vs Talingul (Zthoth is a champ even though my knights failed to block a single attack lol).

I've really enjoyed being a more active member of the community here and on discord, and meeting new scapers in games over voice chat has always been a pleasure.
Old February 12th, 2021, 04:09 PM

Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker Myth26 knows what's in an order marker

@XThorSavageX and I just finished our game.

The added movement from Valda boosted my Varks and allowed them to quickly move into Thor's territory and a bunch of lucky rolls at the start took out 2-4 archers per turn before Frenzy started kicking in. By the time it did there was only 1 archer left but with 2 successful Frenzy rolls they managed to take out 2 Greyspears.

By that time the Darkclaws were starting to move in and within the next few turns they managed to engage Thor's remaining ranged units before taking out the Venoc Warlord to secure the win.

I think the biggest contributions to my win were rolling 3x the attack dice (52% skulls), getting almost 50% shields on defense, and the low Frenzy rolls at the start.

It was a good game and I think I got really lucky with the archers.
Old February 13th, 2021, 12:40 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Won against Hero86, my Sacred Band against his Troopers and Avernus. Fraser+Move glyph gets pretty nuts. My Marcus definitely needs to go and sharpen his sword as he couldn’t touch Raelin even after many attacks, and also whiffed vs. Avernus lol. He did kill that trooper at the beginning though. Parmenio did his share as just being a glyph grabber and watching from afar.

Good game Hero and nice meeting you
Old February 13th, 2021, 05:54 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@Dysole and I (both 2-1) are playing tomorrow morning at 11am AWST. I'm playing my knights; she's taking my heavies army. The match will be streamed on Dysole's Twitch channel for anyone who's interested in that.

~Grey Waves, who has a plan but also has a feeling he could very easily end up going 2-2

Last edited by Grey Waves; February 13th, 2021 at 07:55 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events