Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old August 28th, 2019, 12:20 AM

Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Clawfoot Interceptor Public Playtesting

The Clawfoot's are similar to bald eagles and as such they are a representation of Liberty and Justice. Hence Jandar.

Map: Wyrmwalk

Maklar the silver Prince: Deathreavers x2, 12th Caucasus Rifles x4, Augamo.
Leaf_It: Beakface Sneaks x7, Quorik Warwitch, Clawfoot Interceptors x3.

Game started slow, we both developed into the middle. Then slowly my defense got worse and worse, and Maklar's Attack's got better and better. I tried to use Flocking to get the Clawfoots into position before activating them, but the 12th would kill the Sneaks, and the Rats would run right up to the Clawfoots. There was one neat moment where I grabbed a rat engaged with a Clawfoot, and flew him into a (not molten) lava tile, and then used Dive Bomb to kill a 12th. in the last round, I had 2 Sneaks, a 5 life Warwitch, and a 2 life Interceptor. 1 sneak died to gas, the other to a normal attack, and the Interceptor also died to a normal attack from hieght. The Quorik Warwitch had taken 1 wound from lava, but bravely rushed into the middle of the map on hieght, and killed a 12th. She then took a hit from gas grenade, followed by an attack of 2, and an attack of 3, killing her. In the end Maklar's gas grenade lead to the deaths of all 3 Interceptors, 7 Beakface Sneaks, and the Quorik Warwitch either by the grenade itself, or by following up with a normal attack I didn't/couldn't defend. Only 7 of my figures died to normal attacks that were not augmented by gas grenade, and they were all Sneaks.

Maklar's Gas Grenade was rolling hot, and even without gas grenade doing tons of work, my dice were rolling well below average.
"My dice were out of town, and left me in the desert with no water, or a way home."
- Leaf_It

Dive bomb was very useful, and the two times I used it

Dive Bomb
Used: 2
Killed: 2

Claw Grab
Used: 1

Remaining:
4 Deathreavers
3 12th Caucasus Rifles
Augamo full life
Old August 28th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Claw Grab
Used: 1
Were you able to utilize Claw Grab at all during flocking to move any allies (Sneaks or Warwitch)? That's one of the big utilities of the Raptorian army with Interceptors. Using flocking to move 4 figures.

(even enemy units could be moved during flocking via claw grab, but I haven't seen that happen before)
Old August 28th, 2019, 05:24 PM

Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Leaf_It is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Were you able to utilize Claw Grab at all during flocking to move any allies (Sneaks or Warwitch)? That's one of the big utilities of the Raptorian army with Interceptors. Using flocking to move 4 figures.

(even enemy units could be moved during flocking via claw grab, but I haven't seen that happen before)
I actually thought that Claw Grab was limited to my turn only. I never realized I could use it when moving them with flocking. That would have been very useful.
Old September 1st, 2019, 12:35 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun

Map: Wyrmwalk
Glyphs: 4 Random Treasure Glyphs from pool of: Heroic Rune - Normal attack +1, Scarab of Invulnerability (temporary), Giant Hunter Stone OR Bracers of Teleportation (temporary), Talisman of Defense – Defense +1

Zetsubo - Army: Capt. Nathaniel Blount, Venoc Warlord, 53rd N. Carolina Sharpshooters x3, Venoc Vipers x3 - 475 pts
Sir Heroscape - Army: Beakface Sneaks x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Quorik Warwitch, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein - 470 pts

Which units survived?
Capt. Nathaniel Blount 1 wound (trap), Venoc Warlord full life (stayed in SZ), one 53rd, and one Viper

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
Spoiler Alert!

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
Intercepters never received an activation outside of Flocking. They used their Claw Grab on Sneaks 3 times in the game doing a great job developing the sneaks into position, but each time I had them nearby something to attack it was never really juicy enough or good enough position to warrant the turn when I could accomplish more with the Warwitch or Sneaks. That was unfortunate since they would have been really good against Blount and Mittens, but Zetsubo targetted them early and knocked them out.

Not really a showing for them this game unfortunately, but the more I see these guys played, the more I'm liking their playstyle. They really seem quite fun from my brief experience with them so far.
Old September 4th, 2019, 06:32 PM

Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun

Map: Grounds of Ashra
Glyphs: Xipta, Dagmar

Player 1 - Army: Sneaks X5, Warwitch, Intercepters X2, Rygarn, Marcu
Player 2 - Army: Drudge X5, RTS, Isamu, TBR

Which units survived?
TBR (full), RTS (1 wound), 4 Drudge, Isamu
I conceded with still 1 Sneak, Rygarn (3 life), Marcu (full)

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like):
Spoiler Alert!

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

I think I used Claw Grab 1 time each for both Intercepters in the same turn while flocking to bring up 2 Sneaks.
After that, they didn't get activations except when doing 1 attack each with Divebomb. Each Intercepter got 1 attack during the game. 1 rolled 2/6 skulls on height against RTS doing 1 wound then promptly died to 3 attacks rolling 1/12 shields. The other rolled 2/5 skulls against a Drudge and was blocked, but then promptly died in 1 attack (having been wounded before from a TBR attack mid-game)

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
Right now, their strongest use is flocking Sneaks out of the Startzone. I really don't know how to utilize these guy's attack ability. They've got so much potential, but it is so dependent on timing. They're so low life/defense you really have to keep them out of the way long enough to wait for the right moment before striking, because once they do, they likely won't last long. And even then knowing when the right time to use an OM on them is so hard, especially when you could use it on more efficient units like the Sneaks who get 2 attacks and 2 flockings or the Warwitch with her SA. These guys struggle in their value of an OM...hence why they only ever got 2 turns the whole game to attack. They get passive use when they flock in Sneaks, but attacking with them is really hard to justify unless 1) you can get height at the same time on a juicy target or 2) use them to lock up units while you bring in others. Both times I tried that, they fell flat. I used Rygarn in this army to really help my chances of being able to capitalize on the right timing to use their Divebomb, and while that helped, those 90points could have been used for 6 more Sneaks, which after talking it through after the game, we decided would have been more valuable for the army so I didn't run out of them too fast. I really do like the Intercepter but I'm afraid their best use is just as shuttles for sneaks. Their Dive Bomb, while thematically cool and potentially strong, just isn't enough of a threat to warrant an OM in an army where number of attacks and OM management is already crucial.

The sneaks have 2 Def and these guys have 3, but these guys have body armor whereas sneaks have simple cloaks. I could see 4 def warranted on this design with that type of armor. If not then I'd either suggest lowering their price point (cause they don't seem to fill 50points very well), or giving them Stealth Flying.

Stealth Flying would actually be my #1 suggestion mainly because they could fly in to lock things up momentarily before moving on to a juicier target, or continue to flock in Sneaks even if they do get tied up by enemy units.
Old September 8th, 2019, 12:51 AM

kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun

Map: Grounds of Ashra
Glyphs: Xipta, Dagmar

kevindola: Romans x3, Venoc Warlord, MBS, NGS, Interceptor, Bol
flameslayer: 12th x3, Acolytes x3, Morgoloth

Which units survived?
Morgoloth (2 life)
2 Acolytes

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like):

Romans and NGS opened up, but a rush 12th proved effective in grenading my SZ to take out 4 Romans and 2 wounds on MBS before I took out the forward 12th.

With my forces scattered and 1/3 of my Romans out already, Morgoloth was summoned. He disengaged from NGS to take out straggling Romans and MBS.

When I finally caught Morgoloth and surrounded him, flameslayer bombed his own Morgoloth which took out 3 more Romans.

Acolytes finished off Ne-Gok and surrounding Romans while Morgoloth killed Venoc Warlord in 3 attacks.

The Interceptor killed a couple squaddies as did Bol, but it wasn't enough.

-Claw Grabbed Bol once
-Dive Bomb Twice (killed Acolyte and 12th Caucusus)
-Disengaged to get 2nd Dive Bomb. Died in a gas grenade 1v2 wound,a LEA, and a gassed attack of 3v2. (blocked a 3v3)

Damage done: 47 points

Interceptor showed a glimpse of what he could do at the end. There were 3 12th and 3 acolytes (and a wounded Morgo left). The Interceptor darted around picking off the squads, but gas grenade and 2 Caucusus attacks were much too strong for his 3 life, 3 defense.
Old September 17th, 2019, 12:13 AM

Sir H VS TAEBLEWALKER
Point Total 475 Point armies
Map: Valledonn Fortress
Glyphs: Valda, Wannock

Sir H Army: Beakface Sneaks x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x2, Quorik Warwitch, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein
Taeblewalkers’s Army: Mohican River Tribe x3, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow, Raelin (SotM), Marcu Esenwein

Which units survived?
Rygarn (full), Warwitch (full), Intercepter Blue (full), Marcu (full), 1 Sneak
Taeblewalker conceded with Brave Arrow (full), Marcu (full)

Table went out early with Realin to the center while I set up Rygarn and used Sneaks.
Raelin was actually pretty offensively minded and took out a few sneaks and an Intercepter. Meanwhile, I was using sneaks to target Mohicans coming out of the start zone and was able to get some good kills to limit his numbers. By the time he only had about 4 left I then activated Warwitch to start using the special attack to take them out and limiting his attacks. Mohicans were finishing off most of the Sneaks and so I turned to Warwitch to finish them and the Makwa off.

Claw Grab was used 4 times during flocking to develop Sneaks, 1 of those times was to grab a Sneak from an engagement with Raelin. Dive Bomb was only used 2 times and flocking was really a good way to get the Sneaks into position. Divebomb did wounds 2 times with a 3/5 skull attack to deal 1wound on Raelin than another from height for a 4/6 skull attack that dealt 2 wounds to Raelin and the kill. Collectively, the 2 intercepters filled 72 points.

These guys were used with the change to 4 life each. While that didn't make much of a difference this game, I agree with the change. Even with the additional life, the red intercepter got taken out with just 2 attacks from Raelin, so they're still pretty cushy...but I think for what they offer - the occasional big attack and positioning sneaks - the 4 life is going to help them stick around a little longer.
Old September 21st, 2019, 01:25 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

475 points
Map: Valledon Fortress
Glyphs: Valda, Wannok

Maklar - Army: Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipers x5, Clawfoot Interceptor x3
Agent Ward - Army: 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Roman Legion x3, Marcus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu

Which units survived?
6 Romans, MDG, MBS, Pat, and Isamu all with full life

I thought I did pretty well early on, I rushed vipers in and got some decent kills. Managed to target the 12th early and take them all out before they could throw any painful grenades. Got a frenzy which was pretty cool and managed to control the move glyph/keep Romans off Wannok. Retrospectively though, this wasn't as great I had thought. Only killed the 12th and a little more than a squad of Romans which wasn't quite the vipers' worth. From there I thought I could pick things off with the Interceptors, but I lost initiative, MBS kited away, and then I realized how squishy the raptorians and Mittens were. They all went down without much of a fight.

I got one dive bomb on a 2 defense roman that I blanked unfortunately.

I guess you shouldn't expect too much from a 50 point uncommon melee hero. I figure if I had targeted MBS a bit more with my vipers early on, I might have had a better chance, but still the Interceptors got tore up pretty quick without doing any damage. They seem like they're better as a one-OM assassin than as an order marker sink at the end of the game. I figure that's about right for them in a non-Raptorian army.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old September 25th, 2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
475 points

Agent Ward - Army: 12th Caucasus Rifles x2, Roman Legion x3, Marcus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Patrick Ferguson, Isamu

Which units survived?

I thought I did pretty well early on, I rushed vipers in and got some decent kills. Managed to target the 12th early and take them all out before they could throw any painful grenades. Got a frenzy which was pretty cool and managed to control the move glyph/keep Romans off Wannok. Retrospectively though, this wasn't as great I had thought. Only killed the 12th and a little more than a squad of Romans which wasn't quite the vipers' worth. From there I thought I could pick things off with the Interceptors, but I lost initiative, MBS kited away, and then I realized how squishy the raptorians and Mittens were. They all went down without much of a fight.

I guess you shouldn't expect too much from a 50 point uncommon melee hero. I figure if I had targeted MBS a bit more with my vipers early on, I might have had a better chance, but still the Interceptors got tore up pretty quick without doing any damage. They seem like they're better as a one-OM assassin than as an order marker sink at the end of the game. I figure that's about right for them in a non-Raptorian army.
Tough for them with so many of your opponents squad figures on the board probably. I think in a non-Raptorian army you *probably* don't want more than 2. (and I'm wondering if 1 is more of the correct answer)

Were you able to use Claw Grab at all in this game? With multiple Interceptors, I wasn't sure if you had the opportunity to Grab one during a movement to set them up better on height or not.
Old September 25th, 2019, 06:00 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
475 points

Which units survived?

Tough for them with so many of your opponents squad figures on the board probably. I think in a non-Raptorian army you *probably* don't want more than 2. (and I'm wondering if 1 is more of the correct answer)

Were you able to use Claw Grab at all in this game? With multiple Interceptors, I wasn't sure if you had the opportunity to Grab one during a movement to set them up better on height or not.
I think 1 is the right number. There are much better things you could do with 100 points instead of 2 Interceptors.

I thought about using Claw Grab a couple times but opted not to. My raps had the threat range to hit Romans/MBS from my start-zone, and I figured moving two up would just put them both in danger of being engaged. I figured it would be better to just try and optimize my Dive Bombs.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting