Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old February 26th, 2018, 01:20 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2018

Okay! @BiggaBullfrog and @Sir Heroscape have hashed out the details for March's monthly, and it's gonna be a good time! Check it out in the following post or on the first page of this thread:
Old February 26th, 2018, 01:20 PM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

UTAH MONTHLY MARCH 2018

When: March 24th, 11 AM

Cost: $5 (100% of entries will go to prize support! And donating prizes is always quite welcome as well, of course.)

Format: Touring Valhalla! This month we’re going to be using the Top 10 maps from the ARV Landmarks of Valhalla Map Contest. We have a lot of great stuff being developed by the community and we’ll be some of the first to try them out!

Our tour is also going to include a lot of new characters. This month we will be allowing units in the C3V Public Playtesting forum to be used at the tournament (not required). But this is going to come with some rules:
- Only one playtesting unit per army. (Multiples of commons are allowed.)
- Only one of each playtesting unit will be allowed at the Monthly. If you want to use a playtesting unit, you must post here in the thread and reserve it. (If you have a friend who wants to use a unit but doesn’t have an account, you may post for them.)
- Unit reservation will be first-come, first-serve. If you want to use a playtesting unit claim it fast. Otherwise you may have to offer someone a candy bar to bribe them to let you use it.
- Playtesting is fun, but is also a responsibility. If you play a playtesting unit, you must post a playtesting report on each of you games. If you’re new to that, no worries! Plenty of us have play tested before and we’ll help you write up the report. You just have to promise to post it.
- If you don’t have the figure for the playtesting unit, no worries! Just say so when you reserve the unit and we’ll have it provided for you.

- 440 point armies
- 24 figure limit (extra tiles will be provided if needed)
- SoV & C3V allowed, but NO Marvel this time. (Sorry guys. I like them, but they make for bad playtesting.)
- Power Glyphs: Initiative+8, Healer, D20 +1, Move +2, Wound, Unique Attack +1
- Treasure Glyphs: Brooch of Shielding, Belt of Giant Strength, Elixir of Speed, Giant Hunter Stone, Ring of Protection, Scarab of Invulnerability
- Four 55 minute rounds

Attendees/armies:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

PLEASE POST IF YOU’LL BE IN ATTENDANCE. It helps with the logistics of a lot of things.

Last edited by The Dewk; April 30th, 2018 at 02:05 PM.
Old February 26th, 2018, 01:42 PM

BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

And wouldn't you know, as soon as True saw my prize from the Idaho tournament he decided he wanted to be the first to reserve a playtesting figure, so he's going to be running Avernus.
Old February 26th, 2018, 01:47 PM

DewNoHarm is surprisingly tart

Thanks @The Dewk and @BiggaBullfrog for the team tournament! It's one format I've been waiting for. And thanks for creating such a welcoming space for my sons.

-DNH
Old February 26th, 2018, 02:44 PM

For the March Monthly, I'm calling dibs on ol' Gothlok! I know you have all of them available to borrow, but he's actually the only unreleased C3V figure I own. Haha.
Old February 26th, 2018, 03:24 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun

Imma go with the Banshees!
Old February 26th, 2018, 03:33 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun

Also. If you want a nicer playtesting card for the tourney, let me know and Iíll render and print some for whoever wants them
Old February 26th, 2018, 05:04 PM

Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby!

I'm in! Question about playtesting units. I don't have any of the figures (seeing as how they are still in development) - is it acceptable to proxy figures for the units being playtested?

Check out my maps here and my customs here
Old February 26th, 2018, 05:42 PM

BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla BiggaBullfrog is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
I'm in! Question about playtesting units. I don't have any of the figures (seeing as how they are still in development) - is it acceptable to proxy figures for the units being playtested?
Just tell us which figure it is and one of us should have the actual figure(s) to lend you. If it happens that none of us have it/them, then sure!
Old February 26th, 2018, 05:45 PM

Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Just tell us which figure it is and one of us should have the actual figure(s) to lend you. If it happens that none of us have it/them, then sure!
Okay, awesome. I haven't decided yet for sure, but I'll let you know.

Check out my maps here and my customs here
Old February 26th, 2018, 06:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun TREX is a penguin with a machine gun

How tested are these units? What stage of testing are they in? If a figure is still "broken", that could have an ill effect on some of the attendees. Just throwing my pennies here. Some folks take these tourneys much more seriously than others and may turn them off from coming or for future events.
Old February 26th, 2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
How tested are these units? What stage of testing are they in? If a figure is still "broken", that could have an ill effect on some of the attendees. Just throwing my pennies here. Some folks take these tourneys much more seriously than others and may turn them off from coming or for future events.
Very true, and this is a kind of test run for that. The units that are in public playtesting have already seen a good amount of testing, though, and I'm confident that none of them are broken beyond an A+ level, so anyone who really wants to win can still bring Rats Raelin Range and dominate to their hearts content (unless they play me - I'll go hardmode on anyone who brings that ). Some are definitely good, but none should single-handedly dominate, at least from what I've observed. I'll be keeping a really close eye on things to make sure. Our first priority will always be player experience, and if people don't enjoy this format we won't bring it back.

Last edited by BiggaBullfrog; February 26th, 2018 at 09:29 PM. Reason: *Hard mode = killing one rat so I'm ahead on points and then waiting in the bathroom for time to run out

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events