Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 10th, 2009, 02:41 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Fyorlag Spiders

I think we need to see more bugs/predators in future releases before they get their fair share of playing time. Not enough choices to bond Sujoah with, nor like species for themed armies.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:03 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I think we need to see more bugs/predators in future releases before they get their fair share of playing time. Not enough choices to bond Sujoah with, nor like species for themed armies.
I think it's sad that Dünd wasn't a predator. The Spiders could have given him the hand up he needed, and he could have given the spiders the second bonding Hero they need.

Plus, it would be a nightmare for your opponent's order markers
I would hope that the testers would find that combo a tad to powerful.

OM1: Spiders. Bond with Dünd. Zap 1 marker off a squad, then zap another off a hero. (If you guess right you eliminate their OM1)
OM2: Repeat. (Aim for OM2)
OM3: Repeat. (Aim for OM3)

I'm thinking thats a bit harsh; especially if you find Dagmar on the field.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:15 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I think it's sad that Dünd wasn't a predator. The Spiders could have given him the hand up he needed, and he could have given the spiders the second bonding Hero they need.

OM1: Spiders. Bond with Dünd. Zap 1 marker off a squad, then zap another off a hero. (If you guess right you eliminate their OM1)

Hmm. I'm not sure. I've never had the Spiders take a marker off, but to be fair, I've only ever played with one squad, and even then only a few games. I've also never had Dünd do a whole lot, and that's not for lack of trying. I agree it would be a powerful combo, but I don't really think it would be too powerful. Perhaps I will try a game with Dünd as a predator to see. I'm not big on house rules and prefer to play everything as the designers intended, but I'd like to try a game or two and see what it's like. If someone else would like to try this and let me know how it goes, I'd appreciate it (+rep). I'm currently separated from my HeroScape for another five months.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:22 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Hmm. I'm not sure. I've never had the Spiders take a marker off, but to be fair, I've only ever played with one squad, and even then only a few games. I've also never had Dünd do a whole lot, and that's not for lack of trying. I agree it would be a powerful combo, but I don't really think it would be too powerful. Perhaps I will try a game with Dünd as a predator to see. I'm not big on house rules and prefer to play everything as the designers intended, but I'd like to try a game or two and see what it's like. If someone else would like to try this and let me know how it goes, I'd appreciate it (+rep). I'm currently separated from my HeroScape for another five months.

I can do that, my friend! I'm interested in the concept of Dund as a Predator as well!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 18th, 2009, 07:53 PM

evil beagle 111 Woo who?

interestingly, the fylorag spiders are the only terrain pack squad that does not have an ability related to their terrain. they are also the only terrain pack unit that is considered useful outside certain circumstances.

stats for dinosaurs:http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22638
the beagles are coming to eat us all!
Old May 18th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil beagle 111 View Post
interestingly, the fylorag spiders are the only terrain pack squad that does not have an ability related to their terrain. they are also the only terrain pack unit that is considered useful outside certain circumstances.
Not quite. While not mentioned on the card, Fyorlag Spiders are so small, your opponent will easily overlook a unit carefully placed next to a Jungle bush or tree.

Also, Dumutev Guards are fun to play with. Onacara fielded four in the last tournament, and he did quite well. And Ollie didn't do to awefull with his Obsidian Guards in a tournament either, although they obviously get much stronger on a Lava map.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil beagle 111 View Post
It's a good thing too, since they're currently the backbone of Aquilla's army...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I never even draft them when I take Sujoah.
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
I never even draft them when I take Sujoah.
Your loss...They're not great by any means, but they're hardly a huge investment. I say you may as well...

Brandon

Old May 19th, 2009, 01:20 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I'm growing to really like the Spiders. I was using them in an army with the Venoc Warlord and Venoc Vipers, and found them to be a great combo.

First off, there's an interesting synergy between them-- the Spiders take turns away from your opponent's army while the Venocs give turns to your own army-- if both entangled web and Frenzy are working, these guys are downright deadly.

Aside from that, the Spiders are great at tying up figures. Not as good as the Reavers, but they have some advantages. When teamed with the Venoc Warlord, of course, they can tie up figures earlier and further away than the rats, and maybe have a better chance of reaching your opponent's ranged units quickly.

The other advantage is that they're only Size 2; I'm impressed with how well they could keep engaged units from gaining height-- if you want to gain more than 1 level on these guys, you have to risk a disengagement strike.

And I don't think the combo of 7(+2 w/ VW) Move and 2 Attack/Defense is bad-- they can usually get height on whoever their attacking and are pretty much guaranteed first strike against a melee opponent.

Yeah, I like these guys a lot, even if Sujoah is not included...
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Okay, so Elgin uses the spiders without Sujoah, and A-Train uses Sujoah without the spiders...why don't you guys just use them together as God intended it when he inspired the minds of the developers?

Brandon

Old May 26th, 2009, 12:06 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This unit receives an attack enhancement from Brave Arrow

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units