Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old August 26th, 2019, 10:33 PM

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Acolytes of Vorganund Public Playtesting

Point Total:475
Map: Wyrmwalk by Panopticon
Glyphs: 4 Treasure Glyphs (only 1 got revealed which was bracers of teleportation)

Player 1 - Army: Superfrog's army of 12th x4, Cutters x3, Eltahale
Player 2 - Army: Heroscaper's army of Acolytes x4, Corvor, Skull Demon, Siiv

Which units survived? 2 Acolytes, Corvor with 2 wounds and a full health Siiv

General Battle Report/Flow of game (be as detailed or general as you like)
I slowrolled the Acolytes across the board, summoning the skull demon about halfway. The 12th started to cut them down with hot rolls along with a cutter screen. The skull demon discovered a treasure glyph of bracers of teleportation and the acolytes and the demon slowly started to cut down the numbers of riflemen and some cutters. Corvor was summoned a little bit towards the start zone when i was getting concerned about the acolytes numbers. The little skull demon that could though carried the army, cutting through riflemen and teleporting to Eltahale and laying the smack down while tanking hits. The acolytes just kept slowly coming and bringing the lord corvor in slowly who rolled exceptionally well on corruption against the enemy (I think missing 5 out of 12 rolls on the squaddies). In the end, corvor swooped in to pick off the scattered units.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?
The summoning was very useful letting the slower demons get into the fight rather than get kited.
Dark pact was used a whole lot although the blood requirements led to two cultists loosing their life (out of five total rolls).
Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?
The acolytes nailed id say the theme of demon summoning cultists very well. They could do some damage with 3 attack, but it wasn't too obnoxious (I did get some really good rolls as superfrog can attest too). They in a way are a balanced feast or famine unit, if the demon lord they serve messes up, he takes it out on them. I'd say they were very fun to play.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
Old August 27th, 2019, 07:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Effective immediately, we are changing the text of Dark Pact as follows:

DARK PACT
After taking a turn with the Acolytes of Vorganund, you may take a turn with a Bound Hero you control. After a Bound Hero takes a turn with Dark Pact, if no wounds were inflicted on a figure other than the Bound Hero and no figure was destroyed during that turn, you must roll one attack die. If a skull is rolled, destroy an Acolyte of Vorganund you control.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old August 27th, 2019, 09:07 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Ooooooooooh.

That’s a spicy change.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 27th, 2019, 10:20 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun Sir Heroscape is a penguin with a machine gun

That's a good change I believe. Makes them more thematic and balanced I think.
Old August 31st, 2019, 08:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Map: Drying River by Sir Heroscape

superfrog: 10th x5, Marcu (475)
Sir Heroscape: Acolytes x4, Morgoloth, Skull Demon x2 (470)

Not a whole lot to report here. Sir H just ran up on my army and took out most of it with Morgoloth and 2 squads of Acolytes. Eventually I got Morgoloth down, and the Skull Demon that followed him up wasn't as effective, triggering a Dark Pact kill twice.

Sir H won with 5 Acolytes, a 2-life Skull Demon, and an unsummoned Skull Demon remaining. Of the 7 Skull Demons that were dead, 4 were self-inflicted wounds (2 summoning, 2 Dark Pact).

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old August 31st, 2019, 11:30 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
All Will Be Corrupted

Point Total
Map: Wyrmwalk
Glyphs: 4 Treasure (Talisman of Defense and Scarab of Invulnerability found)

Dysole - Army: Acolytes x4, Corvor, Van Nessing
Flash19 - Army: Romans x3, Marcus, 12th x3

Which units survived? Van Nessing with a single life

In the early going (and due to me not fully grasping the changes to the 12th), Flash managed to take out a number of Acolytes despite them rolling 5 defense a lot of the time. This allowed Corvor to be deployed much more slowly than originally intended, but he managed to find the Talisman of Defense in his first turn. So like a boss (FF boss to be specific), he started trying to wipe out the army while Romans fought the Acolytes. I attempted to eliminate as many 12th as I could (killed 3 of them because their dice were ridiculously good). Once Corvor fell (1 wound from lava, 1 wound from a double disengage, and the remainder from some poor defense combined with high skull rolls) and there were only about 3 acolytes remaining (I actually didn't realize I had several still alive since they were out of view on my screen), there were only 3 Romans, 3 12th and a full health Marcus left. Marcus found Scarab and Acolytes managed to kill a Roman. Van Nessing then hopped in and managed to take out 2 12th and then nearly manged to take out all the Romans with the four turns a round which would have cost Flash a turn in the round. He managed to be brought down to 1 life by a combination of Marcus attacking up and some attacks from a 12th. He did manage to put a lot of damage on Marcus even with the scarab. The 12th moved onto lava and he blocked both attacks, but Marcus took a wound and then died a turn later with the 12th succumbing to lava.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play? Having to eat an acolyte to summon Corvor hurt when I lost a couple to early bad rolls. It meant I had to develop Corvor in a much less ideal position than I'd have liked. Having to worry about needing to inflict a wound or lose an acolyte also meant that I did less optimal things like attack Siiv instead of move to an advantageous position for the next turn.

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)? Acolytes have good stats and I personally feel that if I didn't lose those early acolytes, Flash would've had a hard time making it as close as he did since Corvor would've been in a commanding position before he could've really developed his army. They might be a bit underpriced at the moment. Theme is spot on though.

~Dysole, finally getting around to this
Old September 1st, 2019, 12:28 AM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun

475 points
Map: Wyrmwalk by Panopticon
Glyphs: 4 treasure glyphs

kevindola: 12th x3, Acolytes x3, Morgoloth
All Your Pie: Re-Tak-Shi, Kurrok, Water x3, Fire x5

Which units survived?
Kurrok (full)
Re-Tak (full)
3 Water Elementals (out of 14 total elementals)

Things looked really good for Acolytic Converter with the 12th sniping Fire Elementals, but the SPLASHPAD was setting up around an Emerged Re-Tak-Shi on the highest terrain possible (once lava, now swamp)

Slowly the elementals whittled away the Russians, while spawning back (6/11 on summon) AYP was masterfully patient and I have definitely never seen so many Kurrok summon rolls.

By the time I switched to Acolytes, the Splashpad had 6 defense against all attack and could get 3 attacks of 5 down on anything. The acolytes couldn't get close and Morgoloth couldn't break their defense.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

-Summoned Morgoloth
-Dark Pact activated twice to kill 2 Acolytes

damage: Acolytes killed a few Fire Elementals and that was all (Morgo killed 1 fire elemental, that was all for him)

In hindsight, I should have rushed the acolytes instead of letting the SPLASHPAD get set up. I had hoped to take down some elementals first with the 12th but that proved to be a mistake.

I'll also note I got caught in a bad trap due to summoning Morgoloth early outside the splashpad where AYP retreated his pod back so to use Dark Pact would be a guaranteed kill on the acolytes.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 12:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

In my game vs Vegie, the Acolytes had a strong showing. They lost more of their ranks to Corruption rolls than my figures, as their 4 defense was good yesterday. I figure much of it has to do with Vegie taking a lot of them too (4x) and only 1 demon, so I’d suggest seeing more games like that. Preferably against things they aren’t favored against lol.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old September 5th, 2019, 07:18 PM

Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby!

FLASH_19 VS SUPERFROG
Point Total 475 Point armies
Map: Corridor by Cleon
Glyphs: Dagmar and Ulvania
Treasure Glyphs: Heroic Rune, Scarab of Invulnerability, Talisman of Defense, Bracers of Teleportation OR Giant Hunter Stone

Flash_19’s Army: Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Van Nessing
Superfrogs’s Army: 12 Caucusus Rifles x4, Goblin Cutters x3, Eltahale

Which units survived?
Van Nessing (3 life).

Superfrog led with Cutters to clog up the board, while I started bringing in the Acolytes. Acolytes were consistently killing Cutters, and I was typically able to hit a couple each turn. On Order Marker 3 of round one, I brought in Corvor and attempted to bring him along the side towards superfrog’s startzone. Corvor managed to barely kill a Cutter to finish off the first round. I won initiative next round and brought Corvor in closer while killing off a couple cutters. Unfortunately, Corvor wasn’t able to get next to an enemy figure to inflict a wound (though superfrog had a tempting cutter taking Ulvania, I decided to beeline it for his startzone to try and take out as many figures as possible), so I had to destroy an acolyte. Superfrog brought Eltahale in to lay the smackdown on Corvor, and with a buffed attack, she was able to take Corvor down on the first order marker of Round 3. Corvor did very little to fight back, but managed to put a few wounds on Eltahale, and managed to kill one 12th and one acolyte with Corruption before going down. From that point, Acolytes came in solo to attack Eltahale and 12th, though some were still held up by the last few cutters on the board. Eventually, the Acolytes were taken out, but they had managed to kill everything except one cutter, and about five 12th. Van Nessing came out firing to clean up the rest of the 12th/the lone cutter, and was able to block a lot of attacks while consistently taking out a figure with each attack. The game ended with Van Nessing at 3 lives left.

I lost one Acolytes to Dark Pact when Corvor was getting into position. Aside from that, the Acolytes were able to kill 10 cutters and three 12th. They also put two wounds on Eltahale to kill her. All in all, the four squads of Acolytes did about 262 points worth of damage by themselves.

It’s hard to tell if they just performed well for me or if they are a little underpriced based on this game alone, but I am leaning a touch towards underpriced. Paired with Corvor, I think they are quite strong. Because of that, I very much agree with the change to Dark Pact – its a much better limitation to the unit to automatically destroy an Acolyte if the bonding figure doesn’t inflict a wound or destroy a figure. However, I wonder if that change might make it less likely to see them paired with Skull Demons.

Check out my maps here and my customs here

Last edited by Flash_19; September 10th, 2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old September 8th, 2019, 01:09 PM
I could go

Also in my match against Kevindola, I had the Acolytes with Morgoloth. They were still effective in gumming up the roads and basically just increasing my attacks per turn. Since I played as aggressively as I could, I was basically throwing men at the problem. They killed romans, they died. Pretty vanilla usage here, other than the rampaging demon they summoned who was chopping up Romans and attacking heroes.

The big demon was consistent in dealing damage, so Dark Pact never triggered. The roads helped a lot.

Solid squad here. Demon Summoning remained a cool mechanic, but the lack of drawback here (because of Morgoloth being a consistent beast) was made up by Morgoloth being a rather expensive beatstick since his cheerleading powers had no effect this game.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old September 12th, 2019, 03:20 PM

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Point Total:475
Map: Grounds of Ashra
Glyphs: Dagmar & Xipta

Player 1 - Army: Dok's army of Acolytes x3, Corvor, Skull demon x2, drow chainfighter
Player 2 - Army: Heroscaper's army of Acolytes x4, Corvor, Skull Demon, Siiv

Which units survived? 2/3 Skull Demon, Drow Chainfighter

Much like the last time, I slowrolled the acolytes out going for glyphs, Dok got control of Xipta (which activated twice) and I went for dagmar (which I think did nothing for me that game). We clashed for a bit with both of us summoning Corvor who went and wailed on each other for a bit with my corvor eventually raining supreme (although his did take out my siiv and a few cultists). Our skullies were summoned with my corvor taking 2 health off of one skull demon before he went down. My last skull demon engaged, took out a full health enemy skull demon, and tried to kill the weakened one. He was blocked and then whiffed on defense dice and died. Not that I'm bitter or anything about that deciding the game.

The summoning was very useful letting the slower demons get into the fight rather than get kited.
Dark Pact led to me losing I believe one cultist
I still feel the theme of the units is great. I feel like more cultists and less demons honestly is better (cause i lost two cultists out of 12 to summoning as compared to dok's 3 out of 9).

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
Old September 16th, 2019, 10:46 PM

Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby! Flash_19 rolls all skulls baby!

FLASH_19 VS TAEBLEWALKER
Point Total 475 Point armies
Map: Grounds of Ashra
Glyphs: Dagmar & Xipta

Flash_19’s Army: Acolytes of Vorganund x4, Corvor the Tainted One, Van Nessing
Taeblewalkers’s Army: Mohicans x3, Makwa Bowhunter x3, Brave Arrow, Raelin (SotM). Marcu

Which units survived?
Corvor the Tainted One (3 lives remaining)
Van Nessing (Full life)
Acolytes of Vorganund (8 squad figures remaining)
Marcu (2 lives remaining – Taeblewalker conceded)

I led with the Acolytes while Taeblewalker brought out an archer, Brave arrow, and mohicans. Corvor came out pretty quickly in the game and was immediately swarmed by Mohicans and Brave Arrow. He held strong and took Brave arrow out while I slow rolled acolytes up, I moved a couple in close to Corvor so that I could get height attacks on units surrounding Corvor. Luckily, the couple figures I brought in didn’t fall to corruption, while I was able to fairly consistently take down Mohicans or Makwa Archers between corruption and Corvor’s normal attack. I did, however, lose 2 acolytes to turns where Corvor did not inflict a wound.
Corvor managed to finish off the units surrounding him, and headed towards taeblewalker’s start zone, while acolytes came along the sides and finished off a few lingering units. Corvor took a few hits, but managed to cut through Taeblewalkers start zone fairly effectively – killing squaddies with corruption while focusing attacks on Raelin. Once Raelin went down, so did everything else.

The Acolytes killed 6 mohicans (140 points), 1 Makwa Archer(25 points), and put 1 wound on brave arrow (~12 points). All in all, they did about 177 points worth of damage. The penalty associated with Dark pact activated twice because Corvor didn’t wound any figures - killing two Acolytes.

As I mentioned in my report for Corvor, the Acolytes really took back stage in this battle. Because of the success Corvor was having, I was able to slow roll Acolytes, while taking advantage of openings to get them right where I needed them. They did really well at picking off enemy figures, and they held strong defensively. I’m still thinking they might be a little on the strong side – especially when combined with Corvor.

Check out my maps here and my customs here

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting