Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old August 2nd, 2019, 07:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Wildwoods Public Playtesting

D&D Stormrage Shambler

D&D Verdant Reaver or AotP Pummelroot Elemental

D&D Twig Blight or 3D printed Twig Blight

Monarch:
Spoiler Alert!

Sentinel:
Spoiler Alert!

Runner:
Spoiler Alert!

Quote:
Q: After taking a turn with the Wildwood Monarch, you can take a turn with Wildwood Sentinel using Trunk of the Awakened Forest. After the Sentinel turn, could you then use Branch of the Awakened Forest to take a turn with a Wildwood Runner?
A: Yes!

Q: How does the Wildwood life cycle work?
A: At the start of each round, you can, in any order:
  • Upgrade a Runner to a Sentinel
  • Upgrade a Sentinel into the Monarch
  • Place a Runner adjacent to the Monarch
You cannot upgrade a figure you just placed, nor can you place a Runner if you just placed the Monarch. So, for example, you cannot upgrade a Runner into a Sentinel and then immediately upgrade it into the Monarch. Nor can you upgrade a Sentinel into the Monarch and then immediately place a Runner next to it.

Any unit placed must come from your reserves. You may upgrade a Runner into a Sentinel, which puts that Runner into your reserves, then place that Runner from your reserves adjacent to the Monarch.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old August 2nd, 2019, 08:00 PM

Zeldarck is surprisingly tart
Re: Wildwoods Public Playtesting

Not tested yet, but the power seem originals and appealing

Does it miss the words "this round" after the "not placed" of the unique and the uncommon heroes (in seedling and verdant growth)? It's precise for the common(vigorous growth), but not for them
Old August 2nd, 2019, 08:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post

Does it miss the words "this round" after the "not placed" or the unique and the uncommon heroes? It's precise for the common, byt not for them
It does say "this round", but that text is bumped a little later in the power because there's another condition as well that the common one does not have.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

google sheets:

Old August 2nd, 2019, 08:13 PM

Zeldarck is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post

Does it miss the words "this round" after the "not placed" or the unique and the uncommon heroes? It's precise for the common, byt not for them
It does say "this round", but that text is bumped a little later in the power because there's another condition as well that the common one does not have.
Maybe is because I am french, but at the first read I associated the "this round" to only the second part of the "or", so the fact we didn't used the effect. It's only when I read the effect of the common one, I realize I was wrong in my first understanding of the effects.

Maybe a repetition of "this round" will be usefull to avoid that kind of missunderstanding, or put this round before the "or" statement
Old August 20th, 2019, 09:40 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Map: Fossil by R˙chean, glyphs of Valda and Ulaniva

Army 1: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x3, Wildwood Runner x4 (600 points)
Army 2: Sir Gilbert, Alastair MacDirk, Knights of Weston x3, 4th Massachusetts Line x2, Kyntela Gwyn (585 points)

The trees shambled forward and the Knights took up positions during the first turn. A knight grabbed the glyph of Valda, and although Gilbert didn't get great Jandar's Dispatch rolls, they set up pretty quickly. A Sentinel got in the mix down on road near the opposite start-zone, and Alastair gave it a couple whacks but it's defense held pretty well. Round two had more of the same, with a couple of fronts developing with the Monarch, a Sentinel, and a Runner over on the road by Gilbert and Alastair and some knights, and then a couple of Runners and some speedy knights on the road near the Wildwood start-zone. The 4th Mass moved up over the wall onto the hill in front of their start-zone and ended up taking down the nearby Sentinel and Runner. Those two came back at the beginning of round 3 (The Sentinel over near the original start-zone and the Runner right in the fray of things behind the Monarch) and the Monarch moved in to lay the smack down. Gilbert got slaughtered, and Alastair responded with a 5 skull attack that only yielded 1 wound. The Monarch got Alastair up to 5 wounds while the 4th rained down fire and put 4 wounds on the Monarch and cleared away the Runners from the area. The Monarch got to plant another Runner in the heat of battle but that was the beginning of the end as the Wildwoods lost initiative and then an order marker on the Monarch as it went down to fire. The Sentinels tried keep it going but it was tough going, especially since the Runners were all gone, and eventually the round was over with just a single Sentinel left in the start-zone. It turned into the Monarch, but the 4th unleashed a couple of barrages from height and it went down quick. 8 of the 4th, 6 Knights, a 1 life Alastair, and Kyntela were left alive.

Seedling was used twice, both times to put a Runner in the middle of combat. Vigorous Growth was used once to upgrade a Runner facing a couple knights, and Verdant Growth was used once at the end. I used Ascend once while moving the The Wildwoods ended up struggling mightily when all of the Runners were disposed of. I probably could have stood for a couple more of them and a Sentinel or 2 less in this army. I thought it was neat how for most of the game the Sentinels played more like common heroes with 3 life than unique heroes due to the bonding. The Wildwoods seemed like a real force to be reckoned with for a little, I was afraid they were just going to creep along too slowly but being able to take 3 separate turns per order marker ended up being pretty decent. I think I just overextended them a bit and put the Monarch in a not great position, and then ran out of Runners. Of course, the 4th were very rough of them, but the Wildwoods have enough defense to stand up to enough attacks to get to the next round it seems like.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 20th, 2019, 09:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

Thanks for the test!

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

google sheets:

Old August 24th, 2019, 11:40 PM

GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker GreatPlainsKnight knows what's in an order marker

600 Points

Map: Blackroot by mad_wookiee
Glyphs: Lodin and Valda

Army 1: Wildwood Monarch, Wildwood Sentinel x3, and 4 Wildwood Runners
Army 2: Blade Gruts x3, Nerak, Tornak, Grimnak, Marro Warriors, and the Ogre Warhulk
Both armies were played by me.

Survivors:
The Wildwood Monarch with two wounds, three Wildwood Sentinels (two of them had one wound), and a Wildwood Runner.

Round one had the Monarch, a Sentinel, and a Runner move towards the hills, with the Monarch and the Runner taking the hill to my right and the Sentinel taking the other. Grimnak and Tornak were sent towards the hills, 4 Gruts going with Grimnak and 2 other Gruts with Tornak. Three Gruts were killed by the Wildwoods this round.

Round two saw more wildwoods running towards the hills while the orcs were weakened, though this led to one runner dying and a Sentinel being wounded. The Monarch killed Tornak (with a lucky roll) and took the glyph of Valda (which is very helpful for these guys). After losing two orcs and Tornak the orcs decided to focus on the hill defended by one Sentinel.

Before the round began I revived a Runner with seedling. Round three was an interesting round, as the orcs bunched up on the hill to my left and attacked a single unit at a time, which resulted in the loss of a single Sentinel. The Wildwoods held the Valda glyph and began marching towards the hill killing two orcs, wounding Nerak, and putting three wounds on Grimnak.

Before Round four began I used Vigorous Growth to revive my only fallen Sentinel and used Seedling to revive the Runner I destroyed for Vigorous Growth (Seedling doesn’t say anything about Runners who were destroyed using Vigorous Growth). Round four had 3 sentinels and 1 Runner fall to Grimnak and his small group of orcs, all four of which died. While that was happening the Monarch killed Nerak.

Before round five began I revived a Sentinel and a Runner. This round saw the Monarch wounded, Grimnak destroyed, the death of the last blade grut, and a Marro Warrior was killed.

Before round six began I used seedling again and Vigorous growth again. During Round six two Marro were destroyed by the Wildwoods, but as soon as they fell the Warhulk came out wounding a Sentinel and destroying a Runner.

Before Round seven I used seedling and Vigorous growth. This round saw the Warhulk go down after taking three attacks per turn.

Round eight was the last round as the Wildwoods killed the last Marro.

Abilities:
Before playing the Wildwoods I thought they’d be extremely limited and somewhat hard to play, though this game proved me wrong. Their high defense kept them alive and when they did die I just “grew” some more the next round. Ascend was also nice when I tried getting the them up the hills and I didn’t have Valda.

Seedling was used 5 times
Vigorous growth used 4 times
I never used Verdant growth as the Monarch was never destroyed.
Ascend was used a few times, but during this game the Wildwoods held the Move +2 glyph for a majority of the game, so they could just walk up most hills like a usual figure.

Additional Comments:
The Wildwood heroes are very thematic, I can easily imagine them moving slowly across the battlefield, regrowing in the heat of battle, and ascending hills using vines, plants, and weeds to help lift themselves up. Though I don’t understand why the Monarch’s Personality is Enraged. In terms of balance they are a nightmare to play against when they have Valda and the fact that every single one of them has 5 defense means they can hold glyphs easily, shrugging off attacks of three and even four. Despite that they aren’t overpowered, you just have to be smart when facing these guys. You can easily outmaneuver them and prevent them from taking glyphs like Valda. In this game it was a huge mistake on my part letting them take that glyph so easily. Overall I’d say they’re a pretty fun unit to play with, though the fact they got Valda within the second round made playing them easy, as I wasn’t restricted by their low move and they couldn’t be easily outmaneuvered like they’d normally be.
Old September 8th, 2019, 08:23 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun

Map: Grounds of Ashra
Glyphs: Valda, Dagmar

450 points
kevindola: Mighty Monarch, Sentinel x1, Runner x3, deathreavers x2
Chris Perkins: Venoc x5, Armoc x2, Warlord

Which units survived?
Mighty Monarch
Sentinel (2 life)
2 Runners

General Battle Report
Trees moved a few order markers and the rats once while the vipers claimed both glyphs and set up.

In the 2nd round 1 order marker was spent on deathreavers (which killed 3 venocs), and the rest of the game the Monarch received the OMs.

The vipers kept throwing themselves at me, but frenzy rolls were very low and they were not able to ever knock out all the Runners. CP tried wounding the Sentinel but leaving him alive at one point, but the Monarch slew his own Sentinel to allow him to be regrown.

The Monarch killed a squad member every attack and the Sentinel nearly did so as well while the rats always made sure to protect the last Runner.

Eventually the snakes started to run out, while the trees kept regrowing until the game was won.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

-Runner to Sentinel was used twice
-Monarch spawning a Runner was used 5 times
-Monarch killed 10 Snake squaddies, 5 wounds on Mittens, and killed his own 1 life Sentinel
-Sentinel killed 6 Snake squaddies, and 1 wound to Mittens
-Runner killed a single Venoc

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

Fun game with them. deathreavers really helped allow them to have some breathing room and never sustain a lot of damage at one time and allowed a runner to be protected from every being eliminated (although eventually the last runner saw some attacks, but never was killed)

Chris's comments:
-those are some tough trees
-Melee that isn't A- or better stands no chance
-I feel like the cheaper ones should have lower defense than the big tree. A twig is easier to kill than a huge tree
Old September 16th, 2019, 09:37 PM
This is merely a joke.

Map: Valledon Fortress

superfrog: Monarch, 2 Sentinels, 3 Runners
Leaf_It: RTS, 3 Drudge, Uzog, 2 Ravagers

Remaining figures:
1-life Monarch, Sentinel, Runner

Power use: 4 new Runners, 1 Runner -> Sentinel, 1 Sentinel -> Monarch

More details later

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

google sheets:

Old September 19th, 2019, 01:19 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun

Map: Valledon Fortress
Glyphs: Valda, Wannok

475 points
kevindola: Mighty Monarch, Sentinel x1, Runner x5
Kinseth: Acolytes x5, Skull Demon x3

Which units survived?
Mighty Monarch (4 life)

General Battle Report
With 5 runners, I used them liberally to attack and screen and they managed a couple of key kills.

Skull Demons were very useful at getting +1 attacks for the Acolytes since the trees weren't moving targets. Kinseth got me down to a Sentinel and a few runners after a few lost OMs on Monarch, but he didn't inflict a wound allowing both the Monarch and that same Sentinel to come back.

That was enough to stop his momentum, and with the slow wounds from the trees AND some failed Dark Pact thrown in the Acolytes started to run out.

A 3 wound kill on the Monarch made things interesting again at the end, but another failed Skull Demon kill and a big 6 skull bash by the Monarch ended the game with a Skull Demon un summoned.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

-Runner to Sentinel was used 3 times
-Monarch spawning a Runner was used 2 times
-Sentinel to Monarch was used twice (1 wound and full)

Monarch killed 6 Acolytes, 2 Skull Demons
Sentinel killed 3 Acolytes
Runner killed 2 Acolytes
Old October 6th, 2019, 02:15 PM

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Map: Venom
Glyphs: Ulaniva, Wannok

500 points
kevindola: Roman Archers x3, Hoplitron, Major X17, Major J15
Heroscaper: Monarch, 3x Sentinel, 4x Runner
Which units survived?
1 sentinel 0/3, 1 runner

General Battle Report
I slowly rolled out the tree army, taking fire over time from the archers. Wannok was held for several rounds by a sentinel giving him wounds over time and the Monarch and a few trees went against the X17 Major and some hoplitrons, gradually hacking them down, although I did have some casualties. Major J15 came out to play, and while he took out some forces, by that time it was too little too late, and the slight regrowing each round led to an uphill battle.

-Runner to Sentinel was used 4 times
-Monarch spawning a Runner was used 5 times
-Sentinel to Monarch was used once

Honestly, didn't write down what the figures took down on the enemy team. But, I will say that I liked these guys themewise, the increase in stats by 1's and 2's with each tier is cool, and they are perfect in theme of slow moving ents marching off to war. I do think that will also keep them in check as range can mow them down or take potshots before they get to them with their slow movement.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
Old October 15th, 2019, 10:27 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Tree Two One

So basic thoughts about the Wildwoods after playing against dok. He summed up the results in the other thread. This map was also pretty good for them as elevated road works really well for them.

I love the way they play. I never realized how interesting they play when Wannok is in play. They actually make it so it's suboptimal to grab Wannok a lot of times. That's an interesting dynamic. You have limited attacks and you can get bogged down so you have to choose carefully. I held back with runners and brought them into the fray only when it was the best way to prevent attacks. You want to be preventing attacks as much as possible although beefy stats will survive a lot. It's also risky to rush someone off by themselves, you'll kinda want to keep everybody not too distant.

A lot of the decisions come down to positioning ones and you sometimes have to think a couple turns out ahead. You have to constantly be moving runners to relative safety, and your other units into the best place for both attacks and also for when the other units eventually run up to them. They require a lot more finesse than I think a lot of units do and one or two bad moves could hurt bad if the dice fail you. When they're working though, they can be incredibly potent despite really only getting a couple attacks a turn.

~Dysole, a bit rambly

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting