Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 6th, 2018, 12:37 PM

Curry_Noodles is surprisingly tart
Curry_Noodles's Customs Thread

Curry_Noodles's Custom Figures Thread

Hey everyone! Thank you for visiting my thread! Here you will find a number of custom figures that are either completed, work in progress, or being brainstormed/developed. There aren't any particular themes shared between the customs, its just a collection of different kinds of figures if you will.

Before you dive you, I just wanted to give as brief of an introduction of myself as possible. I've been playing Heroscape now for almost 10 years and have always tried to create new, exciting, and fun customs for the game ever since my first master set. Since I do not have many friends/ people I play with a lot of what I know is from my interest/ research/ theoryscaping, the reason why I've been wanting to start a thread on this site for many years now. I hope that this thread may be resourceful and inspiring, [and maybe hopefully some unofficial/official additions to the C3V/SoV] as I look forward to learning and hearing feedback from everyone and anyone! Thank you again!

[P.S - I shall be breaking down this thread into 3 different Tiers which will be indicated and explained. Tier 1 will be dedicated to preliminary attempts at creating a custom character card, roughing out concepts and directions. Tier 2 will be dedicated to customs that have been more fleshed out, defined, and some play tests, but still need some reworks. And finally, Tier 3 will be dedicated to customs deemed at least 80% complete and have been play tested in multiple scenarios to ensure balance as well as individuality.]

Tier 3 -
(At least 80% complete, multiple play tests, Seal of Approval)

Wilbin Goodbody (Figure is from D&D: Icons of the Realms - Epic Level Starter Set , Halfling Rouge)

Notes: Upon seeing the set, I was opposed with this figure! I was even more surprised to see that he has a transparent duplicate! Even more creative fuel to burn when making this figure! I wanted to make the character feel and play as though he were actually a halfling so I wanted to emphasis trickiness and luck into this character design (..and yes I am aware that the format of the card's stats is different but I didn't mind it honestly and I just kept it! Will adjust if need be!)

Gunnvaldr (Figure is from D&D: Icons of the Realms - Epic Level Starter Set , Human Barbarian)

Notes: My first impression was to somehow get this figure to play with the Tarn Vikings - Both are these wild barbarian/warrior types and I felt that Gunnvaldr would make a great leader. As I brainstormed, I started to think more broadly and I wanted to make a character bond thematically - so I decided to create/brainstorm a bonding similar to that of the Gladiators and Discipline Armies. I wanted a bonding that could move figures but not take turns with them as I felt that would make him too powerful so I decided to go with an ability that would lead his forces into battle with him, and for the sake of seasoning I made it semi obvious who I wanted to be the primary benefactor of Gunnvaldr's ability (the Tarns!) AS for his other ability Helm Splitter, I knew I wanted him to be a strong and tough leader so I felt giving him a unique buff of sorts that it would only benefit his character. However, after many play tests this past weekend I fear that his base attack stat may be too high but Helm Splitter can become very abusable and game breaking in many common circumstances. Also with such a power and a cost of 140, it seems like a no brainer. A cheap strong hero that can bond and kill anything? I think for the most part this character has a pretty distinct direction and now its just fine tuning how powerful he is going to be!

Tier 2 -
(Concept/Direction in mind, Work-in-Progress, small handful of play tests)

Zefra Wildforest (Figure is from D&D: Icons of the Realms - Epic Level Starter Set , Human Archer)

Notes: When trying to create a card for this figure, I was trying to think of what ranger/archer figures have done and what haven't they done (in terms of their abilities). I didn't want to create a "rip-off"/ V2 of Syvarris but I did want a figure that was unique and impactful. This is the thinking that went into creating the First Strike Ability on this Army Card. The ability itself is strong and can even be game changing, however it has a cost and a limit in the form of Order Markers. The second ability Monster Hunter was less thought out and upon more play tests Ill either decide keep or remove but as of when I'm writing this I'm unsure of whether it stays or goes. One thing for certain is I want to keep the First Strike ability. I fear that in later rounds the ability is most abusable and game breaking since you can just place all Order markers and end games without your opponent even having the slightest chance to do anything.

Tier 1 -
(Development stage, Theoryscaping, Concept Creationl)

Stay Tuned! Coming Soon!

Last edited by Curry_Noodles; November 6th, 2018 at 05:34 PM. Reason: trying to get my image to work
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:39 PM

Re: Curry_Noodles's Customs Thread

Also, I'm new to the way this site works despite having known about it for years, so if anyone can offer help or guide me toward resources that help me in navigating this site I would appreciate it! I'm not sure of how to get the images of the cards to show up rather than links!
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

To get your image to work, you want to replace your [url] tags with [img] tags.

like this:

[img]https://ibb.co/gPh7OV[/img]

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:45 PM

I'm unsure if it works, I keep seeing this blue question mark and not my image appear
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You also need to use the image url (right click and select Copy image address), instead of the page url.

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

google sheets:

Old November 6th, 2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

You also need to use the image url (right click and select Copy image address), instead of the page url.
I think I understand what your saying -Sorry for my clumsiness! I appreciate your help with this!
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Wilbin appears to be a balanced “psuedo-squad” hero, and his ability to drop illusions is fairly unique. Luck of the Imp uses a straight-forward coin flip mechanic, although coins are not a concept that heroscape has used.

It’ll be cool to see what else you have, @Curry_Noodles

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 6th, 2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Wilbin appears to be a balanced “psuedo-squad” hero, and his ability to drop illusions is fairly unique. Luck of the Imp uses a straight-forward coin flip mechanic, although coins are not a concept that heroscape has used.

It’ll be cool to see what else you have, @Curry_Noodles
Thank you for your comment flameslayer93! I'll be working on posting more today later on in the afternoon!

and yes, the coin-flip mechanic is unusual and not utilized in Heroscape, however I saw that luck was a distinct feature of the imps and I wanted to re-create that kind of freak luck. I didn't think a D20 roll or any sort of dice roll was really fitting, especially because you can influence your dice rolls with glyphs. I thought a coin flip was in the best way to show this characteristic. I wanted to make it just strong enough that it wasn't "broken"
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:10 PM

Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Astroking112 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This guy looks pretty unique and interesting! I'm particularly fond of the 45 points for his price, since the only other option currently is Sonya Esenwein. More army options is always a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
and yes, the coin-flip mechanic is unusual and not utilized in Heroscape, however I saw that luck was a distinct feature of the imps and I wanted to re-create that kind of freak luck. I didn't think a D20 roll or any sort of dice roll was really fitting, especially because you can influence your dice rolls with glyphs. I thought a coin flip was in the best way to show this characteristic. I wanted to make it just strong enough that it wasn't "broken"
I was going to say that I also prefer a simple 11-or-higher D20 roll to settle the result, but it looks like you've already given that thought. A dice roll is definitely more "classic HeroScape," but I can see what you're going for with emphasizing luck. I still prefer the dice personally, but that's probably just the HeroScape purist in me.

Is Imp a suitable class? I'm not the most well-versed in high fantasy traditions (college sadly seems to have a problem with me finally reading Lord of the Rings), but I've always thought that imps were generally a species of monster.
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

If you want your cards to have a bit more unified/official look, the link in my signature gives a tutorial for making cards using Xorlof's X-2 Card Creator. It does a fantastic job of making the text and stats all look great.

Your card (especially the figure image) is great, though. I only mentioned it since you did in your OP.

Did you figure out how to add the image directly to your post?

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:

google sheets:

Old November 6th, 2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
This guy looks pretty unique and interesting! I'm particularly fond of the 45 points for his price, since the only other option currently is Sonya Esenwein. More army options is always a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
I was going to say that I also prefer a simple 11-or-higher D20 roll to settle the result, but it looks like you've already given that thought. A dice roll is definitely more "classic HeroScape," but I can see what you're going for with emphasizing luck. I still prefer the dice personally, but that's probably just the HeroScape purist in me.

Is Imp a suitable class? I'm not the most well-versed in high fantasy traditions (college sadly seems to have a problem with me finally reading Lord of the Rings), but I've always thought that imps were generally a species of monster.
I looked up what Imp was when creating the character - I could easily make him a rouge, however I wanted him to be mischievous, "trickster" type of character so rather than make him a rouge I just wanted to make him kind of like this little runt troublemaker figure
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:28 PM

I'm not sure honestly ahaha It looks the same as when you last commented - is there somewhere that shows what its supposed to look like?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards