Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:23 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Green Lantern Hal Jordan - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
This means he starts the game with 9 Move, 5 Range, 7 Attack and 7 Defense ... what would you say that's worth?
I think 350 might be too low for him. Think about it this way - what if I never choose to use Green Power Battery? I have a Move 9, 5 Range, Attack/Defense 7 Flyer for the whole game.

And on that note, I mentioned this to Bats earlier, but I personally can't see many situations where I would permanently sacrifice a point of move, range, attack and defense just to avoid a single wound. Because as soon as you do that, you're even more vulnerable for the next attack, which makes it more likely that you'll need to do it again...it sets up a vicious circle. I'm sure it comes down to a personal style of play, but I don't think I'd ever get through the 4 markers. Maybe at the very end I'd use one to keep GL from being destroyed, but by then most of the strategy is in the past.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 09:34 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How would a Life of 3 affect him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:12 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
This means he starts the game with 9 Move, 5 Range, 7 Attack and 7 Defense ... what would you say that's worth?
I think 350 might be too low for him. Think about it this way - what if I never choose to use Green Power Battery? I have a Move 9, 5 Range, Attack/Defense 7 Flyer for the whole game.

And on that note, I mentioned this to Bats earlier, but I personally can't see many situations where I would permanently sacrifice a point of move, range, attack and defense just to avoid a single wound. Because as soon as you do that, you're even more vulnerable for the next attack, which makes it more likely that you'll need to do it again...it sets up a vicious circle. I'm sure it comes down to a personal style of play, but I don't think I'd ever get through the 4 markers. Maybe at the very end I'd use one to keep GL from being destroyed, but by then most of the strategy is in the past.
But it might not end up being a single wound if say..Darkseid attacked him or an adjacent friendly figure that GL doesn't want to get hurt/killed. If it were just him, he might not want to use the markers as easily, but if an adjacent friendly big hitter with a couple lives left gets attacked and might die, GL might sacrifice some of his boosted stats to protect them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It would certainly force him to use his markers sooner, but then he'd be worth a lot less and maybe not at the point level this GL should be thematically.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:15 AM

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Well if it wasn't a single wound, it also wouldn't be a single point of move, range, attack, and defense that you'd sacrifice. But like I said, it probably just comes down to a personal playing style.

quozl, are you thinking that he shouldn't be in the 350 point range?
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:47 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Flying move of 9 plus range 5 gives a threat range of 14, plus he's getting height most of the time.

Defense of 8 (on height) means he will likely be rolling his defense dice and conserving his markers.

The trick is that you have to decide how many skulls is too many to try and defend against, since you have to choose to use the marker before rolling defense dice.
Sir G - have you played him yet? Because that's exactly how he plays! If you have full life and full markers, you probably roll defense against 4 skulls ... if it's more than 4 skulls or if you already have any wounds on the card, it becomes a tough choice.
Then the thing about taking markers off - as GO suggests later - is that once you start doing it, you're going to do it more often, since your lower defense makes you more vulnerable to wounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:

It might be too low. There definitely is strategy, though. The strategy is in the gamble of how often are you willing to risk letting him be destroyed out and out when there are still Green Markers on his card. It's an easy decision to roll defense when there are three or fewer skulls rolled and you have full life, but what about:

4 life, 6 skull attack?
3 life, 4 skull attack?
2 life, 3 skull attack?
1 life, 3 skull attack?

Do you roll defense on these, or do you lose a Green Marker, because you're afraid of losing him? And, like I put up higher, once you lose the first Marker, you're a lot more likely to lose another and another and another faster, because he's increasingly vulnerable.
It does take a while usually for his battery to start running down, but I think that's a good thing and it plays well, IMO.

Edit: That said, 350 is a theoryscape cost - I'm confident he's in that range right now, but he might not be at 350 exactly. I could see anywhere from 340-380.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:49 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

If he is brought back to life by Sturla, does he come back with all his tokens.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:52 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
If he is brought back to life by Sturla, does he come back with all his tokens.
Good question. I think the way the card is worded ("Start the game with") the answer would be "no." And I think that's a good thing - since if you kept resurrecting a fully charged GL, it could be a very dangerous situation.
If we really want to get recharging involved for GLs, I think the best approaches are to use a specialized unit (Jade, with her Starheart seems like a great choice for a "recharging" cheerleader) and Power Battery Glyphs (Not equipment glyphs, though, since allowing GLs to carry them around would just be imbalanced, IMO).

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:10 AM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
It would certainly force him to use his markers sooner, but then he'd be worth a lot less and maybe not at the point level this GL should be thematically.
I'm not familiar with GL except for the Justice League cartoon back in the 80s. Are we trying for a Superman/Hulk-level with this GL and would it hurt the theme too much to try for something like CapAp's level?

Quote:
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:14 AM

I think you could justify anywhere from 250-400 for his power levels. I'd tend to be against lower than 300, though, as I think he's a very powerful guy (wielding the most powerful weapon in the universe).

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:24 AM

I think thematically, he should probably be in the 350-390 range. I think this version is probably closer to 360 or 370, which seems about right to me.
Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:28 AM

I can't really disagree with that. I do want to see how he does against squads, though, to see where in that 350-380 range he is (I think it's definitely somewhere in there at this point, and 360/370 both seem very plausible).

Old March 22nd, 2010, 11:30 AM

OK, Hulk-level then.

I'd suggest taking Move off of the Battery power and upping his move to 7. Also specify that the green marker needs to be taken off before rolling defense dice. Other than that, it looks good to go but I suggest some full army playtests as I worry that the Battery can be nerfed too quickly by some strong multiple attacks.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library