Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 20th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of Gamora (II)

The Book of Gamora (II)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 28
MARVEL COSMIC

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Guardians of the Galaxy set.
Its model number and name are #001 / Gamora.
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Guardians of the Galaxy Gravity Feed set.
Its model number and name are #201 / Gamora.

Character Bio - As one of the most recurring members of Star-Lord's Guardians of the Galaxy, Gamora has established a reputation for herself as a force for good in the universe, and worked alongside organizations like the Avengers and the Nova Corps. But she's also the adopted daughter of Thanos, and she's every bit as dangerous as daddy. Gamora was raised by Thanos to be a weapon, and she uses that against him. She can be single-minded in her opposition to Thanos, occasionally veering into uncomfortably extremist territory herself.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Gamora interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: Ronin
  • Second playtest: Arkham
  • Third playtest: MrNobody
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Art by Arkham
  • Gamora created by Jim Starlin
  • Comic art by Gabriele Dell'Otto

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 05:41 PM. Reason: png
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Gamora (II) (Design)

NAME = GAMORA
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = ZEN-WHOBERI
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = DESTROYER
PERSONALITY = REPENTANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 300

FLANKING STRIKE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of another Unique Hero you control, instead of an attack with that Hero, you may move Gamora. After moving Gamora, you may choose one figure engaged with both Gamora and that Hero and roll two unblockable attack dice against the chosen figure. You may only use this special power once per turn.

TRAINED TO PERFECTION
Before attacking with Gamora, you may choose to either:
-attack any or all figures adjacent to Gamora, rolling each attack separately; or
-add one automatic skull when attacking an adjacent figure.

HONED REFLEXES
After defending with Gamora, you may choose to either:
-inflict a wound on the attacking figure, if Gamora had excess shields and is within 5 clear sight spaces of the attacking figure; or
-move Gamora up to 2 spaces. Gamora will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moved with this special power.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by Lord Pyre; January 10th, 2022 at 11:24 AM.
Symbiotic

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; March 1st, 2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old January 20th, 2019, 09:30 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

FTR I have this card ready to go, so just let me know come time. It'd be cool to have Backstab able to be used instead of one of Drax's attacks. I think as worded that should be able to work. Though, we may want some verbiage like "once per turn".

As for the class of Destroyer, let me know if anyone would prefer that on Drax so Gamora can use Warrior instead. I think both work for either, so no real preference from me.
Old January 20th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
FTR I have this card ready to go, so just let me know come time.
Awesome! I'll ping you when we're ready.

Quote:
It'd be cool to have Backstab able to be used instead of one of Drax's attacks. I think as worded that should be able to work. Though, we may want some verbiage like "once per turn".
That does sound cool... probably need a wording tweak to clarify one way or the other, since it's a little ambiguous how it interacts with multi-attacks right now.

Letting it replace just one attack from a multi-attacker is super strong, but it does give her a really strong tie to the Guardians.

Quote:
As for the class of Destroyer, let me know if anyone would prefer that on Drax so Gamora can use Warrior instead. I think both work for either, so no real preference from me.
Yeah, I feel the same way - either way works. Destroyer is a better fit for Drax nominally, but a better fit for Gamora synergistically.

I did actually just test Drax with Martian Manhunter II, so that might be reason enough to leave it as-is and let him stay a Warrior.
Old February 27th, 2019, 06:34 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
FTR I have this card ready to go, so just let me know come time.
Think we're set on power names, so we should be good to go.
Old January 20th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Symbiotic

Okay, picking up from where we left off in the GotG Workshop.... here's Gamora! Last piece of the Guardians puzzle.
Old January 20th, 2019, 10:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Power set looks good, happy with the overall package.

The class is a bit of a sticking point - Destroyer doesn't feel super appropriate for the era of Gamora that's represented by the mini (Marvel NOW! era GOTG). At that point, she's firmly heroic and had a lot of her edges sanded off, and destruction isn't really her bag any more, nor is she really likely to hang out with Thanos or anything. Not sure how married we are to it, or what parts are worth shuffling around.
Old January 20th, 2019, 10:42 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
The class is a bit of a sticking point - Destroyer doesn't feel super appropriate for the era of Gamora that's represented by the mini (Marvel NOW! era GOTG). At that point, she's firmly heroic and had a lot of her edges sanded off, and destruction isn't really her bag any more, nor is she really likely to hang out with Thanos or anything. Not sure how married we are to it, or what parts are worth shuffling around.
I haven't actually read that run, but I gather that she does end up as the villain of a crossover event, so.... maybe some edges not quite sanded all the way off?
Old January 20th, 2019, 10:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I haven't actually read that run, but I gather that she does end up as the villain of a crossover event, so.... maybe some edges not quite sanded all the way off?
That's probably Marvel Legacy, not Marvel NOW! (no, not that NOW! from 2016, the one from 2012, these weird yearly reboots aren't confusing at all), which does end with Gamora going off the rails, becoming Requiem, dipping into cosmic conquest and kind of remaking the universe. Could definitely qualify as a Destroyer but she'd look like this:

We've got the Bendis written Gamora here who doesn't really do anything other than boink Tony Stark and hang out with Angela on the regular. Defender is more apt than Destroyer. Her one real plot beat is absorbing the power of the Black Vortex, going a little crazy with it, and deciding to hunt down Thanos... but when she gets that powerup she reverts to her old hood-and-cleavage look. Even among Bendis era outfits the white power armor is really brief, actually. It's only around for a year or two before she switches to movie-style leather.
Old January 20th, 2019, 11:25 PM
Symbiotic

The Duggan run started during All-New NOW! or one of those, didn't it? I was thinking it predated Legacy.

In any case, I wasn't really shooting for 'Bendis Gamora' as much as 'post-MCU Gamora'.

I'm not married to Destroyer, but she is a bit tricky to accurately class while steering clear of the other Guardians, and a lot of ideas were thrown around and didn't quite stick. Also, now that I'm going back over that conversation.... you're the one that suggested Destroyer, you weirdo.
Old January 20th, 2019, 11:44 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Interesting, she has a lot of combat options here. Should be awfully strong in hand-to-hand.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library