Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old April 2nd, 2020, 02:50 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: New England Heroscape Events - CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NO

No worries Chris. I assume pretty much anything going on right now is either cancelled or postponed. It's pretty crazy.

Stay safe.
Old October 2nd, 2020, 04:34 PM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker

Hey Guys!

Hope everyone is doing well! Have had a heroscape itch I've been unable to scratch lately and just checking in to see how everyone's doing!

“Inspiration is reciprocal; we all have a responsibility to each other to create” -Oviya Pashiri

Old October 2nd, 2020, 04:49 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
Hey Guys!

Hope everyone is doing well! Have had a heroscape itch I've been unable to scratch lately and just checking in to see how everyone's doing!
Hey - hope things are going well with you.

Unfortunately, we are still fairly limited by MA travel restrictions with regards to RI, which kinda make it impossible for Itsbuzzi & myself to co-host any events. (MA has RI on it's list of states from which MA residents are supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks after any non-transitory time spent).

Beyond that, the game store I hosted the last event at has closed down, so I don't really have a venue I could use either.

If you know of any possible venues, finding one would be a starting point to getting back. But then we'd still have to contend with the travel restrictions.
Old October 5th, 2020, 08:29 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Hey all,

The game stores I used in past events are all limited to no events. Something about card/board games where you can't really social distance. The stores themselves either closed for walk ins or removed all tables and are retail only.

From what my information tells me Providence College is the reasoning for RI to be reinstated on the travel ban list. Me being in RI I've followed the travel ban, to an extent. Seekonk/Attleboro are the closest shopping centers to me so I go there but I'm right on the line so I think it's alright. I don't go any further than that and I know you guys are up there so that's the impossibility.

We could do something in either RI or MA, but not both. That would cut our numbers in half so I don't think that would be realistic. Curry, have you checked out online events? Could relieve the itch you've been having. For me, I've had my armies picked out for some time but recently moved so my time has otherwise been occupied. Hope all is well with all of you!

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old October 28th, 2020, 02:23 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Hey Guys!

Unfortunately, we are still fairly limited by MA travel restrictions with regards to RI, which kinda make it impossible for Itsbuzzi & myself to co-host any events. (MA has RI on it's list of states from which MA residents are supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks after any non-transitory time spent).

Beyond that, the game store I hosted the last event at has closed down, so I don't really have a venue I could use either.

If you know of any possible venues, finding one would be a starting point to getting back. But then we'd still have to contend with the travel restrictions.
That sucks, that place was a really sick store.

Honestly I’m thinking about potentially hosting tournaments in my new apartment. I have the room for it, I’d have to buy another table and a couple more chairs but with my dining room and kitchen I could host an 8 person tournament, maybe even 10. I would provide all the maps, you guys would just need to bring your armies and dice and stuff. If we got it really going smoothly I could probably do it monthly. And I’m down for both classic and VC.

(I’m in Western MA, and my place is in a nice and quiet neighborhood just an fyi )

Really the only thing preventing it or could prevent it is, obviously, Covid. I don’t have it but I wouldn’t want someone to bring it or everyone just being uncomfortable being in the same two rooms as one another. Maybe we’d have to wait a bit for the travel restrictions to lessen? I don’t know, I don’t leave the state haha so I don’t pay attention . Also I’d like to know who’s coming to my place at least decently haha, I’ve met Chris, Buzzy, and Curry Noodles - you guys are all chill and cool with me - but I just am wary about giving my address to someone I’ve never met. There’s a lot of past NE scapers I’ve played with over the years, so if any of them want to I’d be totally fine with it. But if it’s someone I don’t know then I’d have to think about it...if you guys know them and know they’re cool then that’s most likely good enough for me.

So yeah, food for thought! Covid sucks, but it would be a dream to host scape tournaments at my new place with you guys! Whether we could manage it during this pandemic, or down the road post-Covid.
Old October 28th, 2020, 08:11 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Hey Guys!

That sucks, that place was a really sick store.

Honestly I’m thinking about potentially hosting tournaments in my new apartment. I have the room for it, I’d have to buy another table and a couple more chairs but with my dining room and kitchen I could host an 8 person tournament, maybe even 10. I would provide all the maps, you guys would just need to bring your armies and dice and stuff. If we got it really going smoothly I could probably do it monthly. And I’m down for both classic and VC.

(I’m in Western MA, and my place is in a nice and quiet neighborhood just an fyi )

Really the only thing preventing it or could prevent it is, obviously, Covid. I don’t have it but I wouldn’t want someone to bring it or everyone just being uncomfortable being in the same two rooms as one another. Maybe we’d have to wait a bit for the travel restrictions to lessen? I don’t know, I don’t leave the state haha so I don’t pay attention . Also I’d like to know who’s coming to my place at least decently haha, I’ve met Chris, Buzzy, and Curry Noodles - you guys are all chill and cool with me - but I just am wary about giving my address to someone I’ve never met. There’s a lot of past NE scapers I’ve played with over the years, so if any of them want to I’d be totally fine with it. But if it’s someone I don’t know then I’d have to think about it...if you guys know them and know they’re cool then that’s most likely good enough for me.

So yeah, food for thought! Covid sucks, but it would be a dream to host scape tournaments at my new place with you guys! Whether we could manage it during this pandemic, or down the road post-Covid.
I hope Chris meant the store itself closed temporarily because it was a cool store while I was there I bought some cards from them haha.

This sounds amazing I'd love to play at some point. All my stuff is still boxed up because of my recent move so this would be ideal for me, but covid so....

I completely understand your stance on having other people over and the travel restrictions and honestly I'd be OK with the event at any time as long as enough people were going and I would totally stop by and play. I have like 3 or 4 foldable tables so I could bring one for you if that helps you out.

Old October 29th, 2020, 11:16 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Sweet. Yeah even if we just have 4 people total, that’s enough for a round robin. My cousin said he’d probably play, and I could get my dad. But it would be awesome if we got like 6-10 (I don’t think I could hold more than 10). Right now I could do 3 maps but I’ll probably buy another table soon so it would up it to 5.

But with Covid I don’t know exactly what precautions we should take, or maybe we’ll have to wait a bit. Whether it’s very soon or down the road, I’m totally down to host them.
Old October 30th, 2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Sweet. Yeah even if we just have 4 people total, that’s enough for a round robin. My cousin said he’d probably play, and I could get my dad. But it would be awesome if we got like 6-10 (I don’t think I could hold more than 10). Right now I could do 3 maps but I’ll probably buy another table soon so it would up it to 5.

But with Covid I don’t know exactly what precautions we should take, or maybe we’ll have to wait a bit. Whether it’s very soon or down the road, I’m totally down to host them.
I know with the RI restrictions quarantine wasn't required for traveling to MA and only hot states (FL I think) but they are talking about increasing restrictions whereas any out of state travel would trigger a 2 week quarantine. We may need to wait a bit because of this.

Whenever this is done I might be able to bring some people up with me but honestly even a round robin is fine. In the years I first started it was just 4 people total trying to get the word out. No one would show up if no one is playing. It was still very fun with 4 so it's doable. I could bring maps or tables or anything really.

Old November 1st, 2020, 01:56 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Quote:

I know with the RI restrictions quarantine wasn't required for traveling to MA and only hot states (FL I think) but they are talking about increasing restrictions whereas any out of state travel would trigger a 2 week quarantine. We may need to wait a bit because of this.

Whenever this is done I might be able to bring some people up with me but honestly even a round robin is fine. In the years I first started it was just 4 people total trying to get the word out. No one would show up if no one is playing. It was still very fun with 4 so it's doable. I could bring maps or tables or anything really.
I just bought another table and some stools today (stools work great on my countertop setup, 1 map fits nicely there), and will probably grab another 2-4 chairs soon. No need to bring maps, I can easily provide those I have a lot of terrain so setting up 3-5 maps is very doable (I guess they just can’t all be the same terrain expansion if it’s 4 or 5). I just need players! And if you guys just brought your armies and dice/markers, that’d be great. We’d play in my kitchen and dining room, should be enough room.

But if there’s travel restrictions we obviously have to wait for those to die down. Otherwise besides covid, I’m pretty much set to go
Old November 1st, 2020, 12:12 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Cleon thanks for taking initiative on this and solving our logistical issues.

I'm very much interested in participating in this, but likely can't until early 2021 (2-3 months from now) with my current family situation regarding Covid. But I think I would be able to start participating ~ February 2021. Not sure if you want to try to pull something together sooner than that or not, but I'll likely know exactly when I can participate by early January 2021.
Old November 1st, 2020, 01:58 PM

Good timing Chris I was just in the middle of posting this reply. I was thinking this event would happen in the nearish future (within a year)

What I'm seeing is we await lesser restrictions before hosting this event so wait a couple months, maybe less we don't really know. This event occurs a short time (a few months perhaps) before all restrictions are lifted (this is assuming the virus levels stay linear in a downward fashion by this point) then we get back to hosting events at locations to try to bring in outside people.

I like this idea as a sort of warm up to get things back going again and I'd love to play with some people. Noted you don't need anything but people but in the off chance you might need anything at all I have plenty of things.

This is exciting.

Old January 14th, 2021, 04:09 PM

Crow is surprisingly tart

I know of a game store in RI that would probably allow us to play there once things level out a bit. The stores called Game On. I haven't asked them because currently tournament play in RI along with most other places in not possible.

Looking forward to playing regardless of where its held in the nearish future.

Cheers,
Crow

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events